The online racing simulator
Average FPS?
(50 posts, started )
60-95fps depending on how many cars, I have everything turned up
My average fps is around 40. With best graphics it`s about 15-25 when racing online
what should I set them to?
Quote from Kevin. :what should I set them to?

Turn them OFF if its possible whatever the lowest setting is.
seems to kick it in 30fps on the outside views.
Quote from Kevin. :seems to kick it in 30fps on the outside views.

ok good at least we are getting somewhere now. Have you tried changing the Resolution to something lower? With that video card you should not be running higher then 1024x.... & might even be better to run around 800x600 if u can.
Doesent seem to help.
Quote from Kevin. :Doesent seem to help.

hmm might be all your video card can take.

- You go to your motherboard manufacture site and get the latest drivers?
- If your using a sound card get the latest drivers for that also

We have tried most things, I think that migth be all your video card can take....
Also try this,

Picture 1:

- Change to Low Res & Everything on Main (instead of + Mirror like mine)
- Full Size Textures = No
- Car & Helmet Skins = Compressed
- At the bottom if you what I have about Vertex Shadings that that OFF

Picture 2:

- Limit Frame Rate In Game = YES
- Maximum Frame Rate = Try 50 FPS for your computer

Hopefully that will help some more.

Let me know,

Ciao
Attached images
lfs1.jpg
lfs2.jpg
#35 - Jakg
Quote from bryanviper :- Limit Frame Rate In Game = YES
- Maximum Frame Rate = Try 50 FPS for your computer

DONT

Limiting the FPS to... 100 fps will give you a lower FPS than with it not limited, even if the fps is nowhere near the limit, i dont know why, it just does!

Use wheels only view

DISABLE the sky

Run in full screen mode

Press "f" - stops the PC rendering the cars, and just shows the wheels and forces
#36 - JTbo
10fps less is not so bad than fps going up and down 50fps, besides there is no point to have more fps than your monitor Hz is set to
i average 15 fps and race 1:28 on blackwood with the xr gt turbo. It runs perfectly fine....i don't know why people are saying below 20 is "unplayable" plus i race with the mouse.
Still does not help.
#39 - CSU1
Quote from JTbo :10fps less is not so bad than fps going up and down 50fps, besides there is no point to have more fps than your monitor Hz is set to

only if gfx engine and monitor Hz are in perfect harmony
I get average 50 FPS with AA, AF and all the other goodies for good pics, plus 1280x1024 resolution and everything set to the max (textures, details, mipmap, draw view etc.) with my GeForce FX 5700, which was bought 4 years ago, and I have my computer for 6 years now. Old Skool Rida!
Quote from Kevin. :Still does not help.

Dude you have a Geforce 4 MX. That video card is a workstation video card, not meant for playing games. I have a radeon 9600xt, and I get around 80 fps on average (at 1680x1050 resolution ). Here are some minimal comparisons between your card and my card:

Geforce 4 MX
Fill Rate: 1.1 billion
geometry rate: 34 million triangles

Radeon 9600xt
Fill Rate: 2.0 billion
geometry rate: 250 million triangles

These are the things to look for in a video card, and this is the reason you're getting such crappy frame rates. My advice: Invest $100 for a new video card. It will be well worth it for your LFS experience.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :at 1680x1050 resolution

I always wanted bigger, but where are those huge resolutions located? Never saw them
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Dude you have a Geforce 4 MX. That video card is a workstation video card, not meant for playing games. I have a radeon 9600xt, and I get around 80 fps on average (at 1680x1050 resolution ). Here are some minimal comparisons between your card and my card:

Geforce 4 MX
Fill Rate: 1.1 billion
geometry rate: 34 million triangles

Radeon 9600xt
Fill Rate: 2.0 billion
geometry rate: 250 million triangles

These are the things to look for in a video card, and this is the reason you're getting such crappy frame rates. My advice: Invest $100 for a new video card. It will be well worth it for your LFS experience.

Don't blame me I didn't build the computer.
#44 - Jakg
Quote from ans7812 :i don't know why people are saying below 20 is "unplayable" plus i race with the mouse.

below 20's is impossible with the demo cars at BLGP
are you saying its impossible to get below 20 or its impossible to play with less than 20? Because in my case you are wrong both times, I do get below 20 (avg 15-18) and my times are not that bad plus i use a mouse.
Quote from Riders Motion :I always wanted bigger, but where are those huge resolutions located? Never saw them

I have a 20" widescreen monitor which supports 1680x1050 resolution. I also noticed that LFS seems to get its list of reolutions directly from the Windows control panel, so it all depends on whether your monitor supports them. As soon as I got this new monitor, and installed the driver, all of a sudden these larger resolutions appeared in LFS!
#47 - Jakg
LFS takes it list from what the graphics card says the monitor does, which imho is a better way to do things
And how does the graphics card know what the monitor can do? Through the monitor's driver!
#50 - Davo
Quote from Jakg :DONT

Limiting the FPS to... 100 fps will give you a lower FPS than with it not limited, even if the fps is nowhere near the limit, i dont know why, it just does!

Use wheels only view

DISABLE the sky

Run in full screen mode

Press "f" - stops the PC rendering the cars, and just shows the wheels and forces

Limiting the frame rate frees up cpu cycles which can help with frame rate.

For me atleast windowed mode is faster than full screen. I can fraps at huge resolutions in widnow mode, but fullscreen it'l stuter.

Average FPS?
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG