The online racing simulator
stcc servers
(33 posts, started )
Quote from MyBoss :hmm, I don't know. How can I find out of that?

Ring customer support/check your isp's forums

I might well be barking up the wrong tree...im not sure how many countries ISP's shape/throttle traffic. It's just becoming more common every day in the UK as the infrastructure is sadly 20th century, when people want a 21'st century service.
We have piss poor speeds as it is compared to most of Europe/America, yet we still cant squeeze all out users into the pipes.

<end of "whats this country coming to" grumble>

Quote from Becky Rose : You pay for internet access, unless your contract specifically states it is just for web and email.

Your so right, PlusNet don't seem to agree though

Ping to your servers at this moment.....1064ms:thumbsdow....guess ill be on after 11pm then.

Quote from Becky Rose : If your ISP is shaping this port, they are evil. Possibly even as evil as AOL.

Err...yup...Plusnet are the new AOL/Tiscali...wont be long till i escape thank god
Not quite, AOL charge over £30 a day since they went free...

I'm not kidding either, and thats just to give technical support to their customers, yes GIVE support. Not even using their internet connectivity service - for a 3rd party to sit in their chatrooms helping their customers...

Because although he doesn't talk about it, that's exactly what SamH was doing... Until they billed him over 30 quid a day, over to the man himself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... &mode=user&search=

I think Plusnet have a way to go before they are that evil...
While there's a little Q&A going on ... has the reprogramming the other day cut off mid-fielders completely? Going in when there was 5 or so other racers saw my license jump several points per race, today after about an hour of finishing mid-field in a full server I hadn't got any further; before, I used to be able to crawl up with a point or two each race.
You score points completely independantly for a number of reasons. It may be at the track the other day you scored points for your lap time - but on this track you may be too far off the server record to score points for it. In both cases you'd unlikely gets points for position based on your description.
Quote from Becky Rose :Not quite, AOL charge over £30 a day since they went free...

I'm not kidding either, and thats just to give technical support to their customers, yes GIVE support. Not even using their internet connectivity service - for a 3rd party to sit in their chatrooms helping their customers...

Because although he doesn't talk about it, that's exactly what SamH was doing... Until they billed him over 30 quid a day, over to the man himself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... &mode=user&search=

I think Plusnet have a way to go before they are that evil...

Im stunned at that.
I take it all back...PlusNet are a bunch of lying cowboys, who are extremely difficult to deal with...but AOL really are the lowest of the low.

BTW...i just checked the list of games PN have ports opened for, and counterstrike/counterstrike source are on the list, yet I'm definitely unable to join the STCC servers due to massive pings during peak hours. I don't know what the hell they are playing at.
Ohh well, ive just seen a server called "mid life crisis server"....ill have to have a cruise round there for a few hours
Quote from Becky Rose :You score points completely independantly for a number of reasons. It may be at the track the other day you scored points for your lap time - but on this track you may be too far off the server record to score points for it. In both cases you'd unlikely gets points for position based on your description.

Thanks for clearing that up, got it into my head that there was a small amount of points for taking part, lol.

Time to be more aggressive then! If I quit letting people pass I can probably squeeze the odd podium finish
I dont recall if I put that into the slightly revised algorythm or not, I guess not... Ahh, I think the 1pt if on it's own only matter if the race is 10 minutes or longer, as the race time calculation probably rounds it down to 0 now.
Thats good to know, it saves me flogging a dead horse on the 1b server on certain circuits

stcc servers
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG