Hi becky rose

i have a problem

you have made the auto gears for me on.
the auto gears are off now.
can you repair it for me
my race name is SpeedMaster NL

gr redwolf2602
#2 - Jakg
...? if you were banned for using auto-gears, you have a ONE days ban., Wait it out
i am not banned for use the auto gears

i have handicap i sitting in a wheelchair, i can not use manuel gears

gr redwolf2602
Ahhh........I see.

Well, without removing the "rule" for everyone, I am not sure it could be removed, not sure though, I guess this is a question for Becky to answer.
#5 - Jakg
Quote from redwolf2602 :i have handicap i sitting in a wheelchair, i can not use manuel gears

really? then how come you racked up 3663 points?
Quote :you have made the auto gears for me on.

By the sounds of it Becky has allowed him auto gears but now (probably that big update to the software) he can't use them.
Yes, that's how I interpreted the whole post.
Quote from Jakg :really? then how come you racked up 3663 points?

Can't you take anybody at face value? You'll be accusing him of cracking S2 next.
The old software allowed a special exemption for redwolf, unfortunately in the new software as I was trying to test the feature you disapeared offline - so I couldn't test if the new software has you properly exempt yet. It's a bit difficult to test and solve without you there, so I think we need to have an online date
Quote from Jakg :really? then how come you racked up 3663 points?

Suspicous little dickens ain't ya
Another question for Becky, a little off topic though.

I love your servers, but they are allways so damn laggy for me so I can hardly race. I have heard that others are experiencing the same thing.
Are you going to move to better servers soon?

Oh, and thanks for all that you have done for the community
I have built a new server, i'm just waiting on a CPU. When it arrives it'll go on soak test for a few weeks before being installed in a datacentre near Heathrow in the UK.

It's 100% my own machine, and dedicated to STCC / Banshee Studdios.
wow, gotta cost allot of monney then I guess.

But thats good to hear
It's not cheap, but this hobby of mine has already cost a small fortune so another small fortune doesnt hurt that much
I think I speak for everyone when I say that your efforts are much appreciated
iam this evening online on the server
about 7 hour

gr redwolf2602
Quote from MyBoss :I think I speak for everyone when I say that your efforts are much appreciated

I'll second that I'm loving the STCC servers...it's nice to feel your achieving something every time your racing on them, and the standard of driving, especially on the silver/gold license servers, is generally very good.
Thanks Becky
#18 - Jakg
Quote from MyBoss :Are you going to move to better servers soon?

the server their on run all UKCT servers, the servers always give me excellent pings, perhaps there was someone with a bad connection on there?
In fairness that (a player) is usually the cause of poor pings, not the actual server. I do know that last night though Sam was doing stuff on the server which effected online play - I was on there at the time and moaned at him though and he immediately accomodated.

To be clear, the new server isn't in any way a complaint about UKCT at all. They're a great bunch and I intend to continue to leach their services for all I can
Quote from MyBoss :I love your servers, but they are allways so damn laggy for me so I can hardly race. I have heard that others are experiencing the same thing.

Just out of curiosity, do your ISP throttle/shape traffic?..are the STCC servers laggy 24hrs a day?

During peak hours i can hardly ever get on the STCC servers because my ISP blocks the ports when things get too busy on the network,resulting in pings in the thousands. When the ports aren't throttled my ping is 20 and i find the STCC servers to be some of the smoothest out there.
Quote from The Moose :Just out of curiosity, do your ISP throttle/shape traffic?..are the STCC servers laggy 24hrs a day?

During peak hours i can hardly ever get on the STCC servers because my ISP blocks the ports when things get too busy on the network,resulting in pings in the thousands. When the ports aren't throttled my ping is 20 and i find the STCC servers to be some of the smoothest out there.

hmm, I don't know. How can I find out of that?
FYI: All STCC servers recently where moved to the 27000-27050 range, which we chose because it is commonly used for Counter Strike and therefor, in theory, exempt from most ISP's throttle shaping.

If your ISP is shaping this port, they are evil. Possibly even as evil as AOL.

You pay for internet access, unless your contract specifically states it is just for web and email.
ok Redwolf2602, i'm home and i'll check if you are online every now and then until dinner in the hope of catching you tonight .
Where's the rule?
Quote from danowat :Ahhh........I see.

Well, without removing the "rule" for everyone, I am not sure it could be removed, not sure though, I guess this is a question for Becky to answer.

I'm a new racer and I have been reading all the STCC material and the rules and I can't find a written rule that prohibits driving with auto gears on. Where can I find it?

Thanks

Jim
It doesnt need to be written. It just doesnt let you . Welcome to LFS btw

EDIT: Redwolf, I think I spotted the problem (capital letter issue) so you should be able to run autogears now.

stcc servers
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG