The online racing simulator
Possible stupidest "Gimp" question
(13 posts, started )
K, ive been getting alright with the gimp. Now i figured out how to make custom skins, so im out trying it with the gimp. Ran into a problemo. I can figure out how to use paintbrush, etc, but how do you select the color? Where do you go?

Paint was easyer in this factor.

EDIT: also, how do you ajust thickness of pencil? Seems to be just as thick as the paintbrush.
hmm, well i dont have experience with GIMP but i find photoshop absolutely amazing for skins so maybe you could try downloading the trial or something? I really recomend it.

As for your GIMP question, have you tryed Going on there website for F.A.Q etc. and also, look in the options About the windows inside the program, maybe you accidently disabled the paint pallete or something?

anyway, good luck getting help mate, sorry i could'nt help you

frenchy
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :how do you select the color? Where do you go?

also, how do you ajust thickness of pencil?

File -> Dialogs
-> Colors
-> Brushes
And much more

Or click on the buttons as shown on the attached pic:
Attached images
Gimp.png
Quote from Lotesdelere :File -> Dialogs
-> Colors
-> Brushes
And much more

Or click on the buttons as shown on the attached pic:

Well done Mr Lotes Got here a bit before I did.

Well I'l own you in CD1 later instead
Oh god, who was sadistic enough to recommend you GIMP? I mean, open source is good and all, but my experience with it was, that it is by far the most unintuitive and user-unfriendly piece of software I've ever seen.

Personally I much much prefer Paint.NET, but each to his own, I guess.
Quote from AndroidXP :I mean, open source is good and all, but my experience with it was, that it is by far the most unintuitive and user-unfriendly piece of software I've ever seen.

Open source is made by programers with a programer point of view, so sometimes it's not as intuitive as some other apps.
However The Gimp is full featured and it's free.

Quote from jamesrowe :Well I'l own you in CD1 later instead

Only in your dreams :smash3d: :haha:
Quote from Lotesdelere :The Gimp is full featured and it's free.

So is Paint.NET
It tries to be as simple as paint but much more powerful, though it probably doesn't have as many effects programmed in as GIMP. The point is, however, that these effects aren't needed for skinning anyway, and it is much easier to use IMO.
Another free graphics editor worth mentioning is Inkscape. It's a vector type one. It's the one I use to make my skins.
#9 - joen
Quote from geeman1 :Another free graphics editor worth mentioning is Inkscape. It's a vector type one. It's the one I use to make my skins.

Was just going to recommend that too. I´ve been working with this lately, and it´s a really nice program worth looking into
Quote from Lotesdelere :
Only in your dreams :smash3d: :haha:

What happened yesterday when my tyres were very hot and you spun it

Quote from AndroidXP :Oh god, who was sadistic enough to recommend you GIMP? I mean, open source is good and all, but my experience with it was, that it is by far the most unintuitive and user-unfriendly piece of software I've ever seen.

Personally I much much prefer Paint.NET, but each to his own, I guess.

Gimp I find better then most, use it in Linux all the time and its brilliant! Also as Lotes said, ITS FREE! - I recommend it to any
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :hmm, well i dont have experience with GIMP but i find photoshop absolutely amazing for skins so maybe you could try downloading the trial or something? I really recomend it.

As for your GIMP question, have you tryed Going on there website for F.A.Q etc. and also, look in the options About the windows inside the program, maybe you accidently disabled the paint pallete or something?

anyway, good luck getting help mate, sorry i could'nt help you

frenchy

But isn't the trail only for like 10 days or something then you cant use it??
no its 30 days
GIMP is much better then Paint.Net. GTK+ uses alot less disk space then .NET does!

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG