The online racing simulator
Lag on track change
(14 posts, started )
Lag on track change
There's at least 3 or 4 other players who've said they had this problem, and could fix it by alt-tabing out and back into LFS, restarting LFS, or rebooting their computer.

So is there a fix for this that I've missed since it was last mentionned?
Last night during the LOTA Thursday Night Thunder event I lagged out every single time the weather was changed at a track we'd already loaded. Track changes themselves (i.e. Aston GP to FE Gold) had no effect, but changing weather at an already-loaded track did (i.e. FE Gold from clear day to overcast morning).

This happened every single time last night, and to several others on the server as well, but I haven't tested it extensively to see if it's reproducible. I'll try to do that today.
Happens to me too, change weather and bam, "lost connection to host" or whatever.
Out of curiosity... do you have high-res skies/other textures installed?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Out of curiosity... do you have high-res skies/other textures installed?

Yes, the Hi-Res skies and the reflection mod. All on full size.
Same here.
this is happening to me too
if you mean lag on track change in game menu then that it is pretty normall.Especially it happend with slower HDD.

Also guys.Whats your graphic card memory(please exclude the one used from system memory).
If its 64MB or less this is not enough for hires textures and this cause the freeze/lag or whatever way you will call it.
I've been doing some pretty extensive testing with this. My findings so far:

solo, no car selected = time out
solo, car selected = time out
solo, joined = time out
duo, no cars selected = no time out
duo, cars selected = no time out
duo, both joined = time out
duo, one joined (either) = time out

Devil, we're not talking about graphics lag (though mine does freeze momentarily while it's loading textures), we're talking about packet/internet lag, and timeouts.
I switched out my high res textures for the original DDS folder and it seemed to reduce the number of times I time out during weather change, but it didn't entirely eliminate it.

It's really frustrating because it's not consistent, even when I was using the high res textures.

I have a Radeon 9600XT 128mb card and 1gb of PC2700 ram. I've never had a problem like this before.

It's not really a game breaking deal for me, since hardly anyone ever uses non-clear day weather, and since even if I get timed out I can immediately reconnect. But it's annoying all the same.
Yeah, when I reconnected the weather was changed to what I was gonna put it as, its not a real big problem.

I run 128mb Radeon and 512mb of RAM also.
Whoops. I was changing the dds folders around on the wrong LFS install. Replaced the hires textures with the old ones on the correct install and now I never time out, so it's definitely something to do with using too much texture memory or something similar.

Seems really odd that it'd cause you to time out, though. Scawen, if you're reading this, any theories?
Sorry for the misunderstanding, the problem I'm refering to is an input lag problem.
No custom graphics used. I will have a new box to test this with soon and will report then..

Lag on track change
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG