The online racing simulator
AI Improvement Suggestions
(4 posts, started )
4) i never had that. my drivers do learn. and im talking over 1 month of 24h nonstop mixed lapping experience (laptops etc). and i have huge .knw files. this was very tested b4 s2 became public. i recall passing last xmas night actually monitoring kyoto ai races. i also recall testing them a lot online. can you reproduce the bug 100%?

about pitting and repairs etc those are obvious improvements that will come along the way. its called S2 alpha on an announced roadmap of 3 Stages developement , so you are using halfway deved ai drivers.

keep up the ai testing. good things are planned for long to come in this area however its only one man and he has to do his own plumbing aswell. its not a question of "will he do it?", its always a question of "when?". the wip dev nature of the whole project makes it easier for us to w8 for the desired lfs improvement.
Quote from ussbeethoven :4.) I had a well-trained FXO-bot on Westhill and Kyoto (each 50+ laps). Yesterday I was using this bot online on Westhill Rev. (first lap for "him"). After the race all experience files were erased on Westhill and Kyoto for FXO-bot and others who weren't used online ("first round of the AI"). I'm sure this is a bug, because they were the same bots I trained with before.

In the recent test patch P5, the names of the knowledge files were changed to use the English version of their skill level in their file name (i.e. PRO instead of PROFI) so, from now on, changing the translation language does not make them forget everything.

So if you had trained them on a pre-P5 version with German translation selected, then you installed P6 or later, all your AI drivers would appear to forget all their knowledge. This will only happen once per ai / car / config. You can retrieve them if necessary by editing the old filenames to the English version.
5) time compression for ai races so they can learn faster
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG