The online racing simulator
[MOVIE] The Drift Effect.
(18 posts, started )
This is my 2nd movie, with alot better editing.

This is in a High Definition quality, It's 175MB. Xvid Codec required too view it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B40ZI7Q0

Youtube version coming soon.

Thanks.

comments welcome.

i went to download it.

but the download rate was only 60kb per second.

please may you use a different host?

filefront is good, its the one i use, download peak (for me) of 950kb per second on a 8mbps line
everything great, the idea is nice ,quality too (apart from fps sometimes)....BUT

FRIGGIN 175 MB's for 1 MINUTE???
use compression next time please...
Quote from squidhead :
FRIGGIN 175 MB's for 1 MINUTE???
use compression next time please...

what FPS do you get?..

Don't worry, like i said i'll get a youtube version on this week. t

that goes for you too, jimmy lemon.
23,8 fps...
the compression is the problem - the lack of it, and also - the screen size - it's 1920x12something rather... thats way too much...
normal size is 30 mb per minute... with 25 fps, and a 720x something resolution
yay for fruity loops.
Not bad, but for me.. just little bit boring. sorry 6/10
Quote from Urban_Eagle1 :I did find that to be a little boring, and at the start the 360? looks more like u spun and kept going rather then it actually being a skilled spin. I would have looked better if you spun before the corner not during it.

it is, if you have the S2 licence
Yeah I like how you cut the footages just before spinning out

Drift: 3/5
Editing: 4/5
Music: 3/5

Overall: 10/15
#12 - Smax
To be fair it's quite cleanly cut and even on youtube the quality's not too shoddy. Music's a matter of personal taste - no comment there then.

I'll confess to being annoyed by the one trick pony editing... running bits of footage backwards and forwards like that leaves a very choppy impression, and since in this case the whole clip is only just over a minute it's a choppy impression of not very much.

You could do worse than watch "Beautiful" by "Bosse" or "Traction Zero" by I forget who. That might give a few ideas for next timem and TZ will give you an idea of how to film a 360 without looking like you drift like I do - badly.
I like the cutting/syncing with the music. Everything else was average, mind.
Music was kind of like a crappy discman stuttering But I very much liked the video, my only advice is to control the camera to follow the car because we could only see the beginning of the drifts.
i like LP cool movie bro
#16 - Davo
Cool music and idea about rewinding but that effect was overused and it made it look like your drifts all resulted in spins at the end so you didn't show the corner exit.
Drif
dude.. nice vid..
u kinda over done it with the effects..
ur drifting lines,... well lets pretend u were attempting to drift.

cant wait to see some good drifts.. and ur next movie..
i see some cool stuff comign from u!

keep it up

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG