The online racing simulator
[SCCC] Daily Enduro Fun
(53 posts, started )
[SCCC] Daily Enduro Fun
Hey guys, inspired by a post on the forums, we at SCCC decided to run some fun enduro races for the community, many of you dont have time to race in leagues, maybe no fast enough, or simply not interested, so this is a great way to have a longish race, utlising the strategy features of S2 (tyrewear, fuel and pitting) without the pressure!

This is currently a work in progress, so we will be working something out, but here are some initial details:

Each week, the community chooses 1 config, and for that week, everyday at the same time and admin comes in, restarts the race (well if there is a race going on already and almost finished, im sure we can wait) and sets up a 10 minute qualify session, followed by a race that is around 1 hour long. Pitstop is compulsory!

Usually what happens is somebody gets so excited about an idea, works hard and then slowly lose interest, so this is why i want to make it as 'maintenance' free as possible for the SCCC team (dont get the impression that we are a lazy bunch, who drink beer and watch TV all day......). So to summarise:

Car: Chosen by the community each week
Track: Chosen by the community each week
Time: Everyday of the week (maybe with exceptions due to other Server Commitments), the time will be decided (you guys can suggest a time you can be available)
Laps: 60 minutes/LFSworld Benchmark times - so total race time is around 1 hour
Pit: Yes
Midrace join: No
Slots: 15 drivers (could change later on)

Procedure:

The SCCC server will run as usual throughout the day, at around the time of the race, perhaps 10 minutes before, an SCCC admin will come in, and setup the race. At race time, he will then restart the server and a 10 minute qualifying session will begin, followed by a 5 minute break, to get your setups/fuel ready. And then the race itself will follow. We will see if we can organise a SCCC member to be present throughout the race to keep watch, but there will be no guarantees, as we have other duties to fulfill. But i trust that most people who will be reading this post are up for some close racing and not wreckers.

At the end of each race, if you wish you can save a replay, and then send it to my email, and we will be happy to generate race statistics and post it on our SCCC website - www.sccabco.com

So thats the basic idea, any of you guys have suggestions? Or have a config you are interested in doing, or maybe the most suitable time (due to the server being in Europe, we will obviously be looking for a time that suits europeans). What about 21GMT?

[SCCC]Chensta
www.sccabco.com
Quote :dont get the impression that we are a lazy bunch, who drink beer and watch TV all day......

OMG there are people who do that ?! :o

You guys rock, I hope there's enough interest for this to Stay Alive. Timewise, personally, I'd prefer to start the qual sometime between 2000 & 2200 GMT as I'm pretty much occupied till 1800 and need a couple of hours to regroup

I think Fern Bay variations would be quite good ITO length, and can be enjoyed with a multitude of cars. The occasional longer race on Aston Historical or GP or Kyoto GP Long would be nice but I think the longer tracks would be more inviting if there would be more than 15 racers. Bit too much empty space otherwise IYKWIM.

South City is great too because it focuses on consistent driving w/o mistakes as there aren't as many overtaking places. Blackwood, the Oval and perhaps Aston National could be avoided, they're simply of no interest (to me).

These are just my thoughts for other interested folk. Let's see what we can come up with.

1) Fern Bay Green (rev or not doesn't matter) w/ UFR/XFR
2) Longer Fern Bay tracks w/ GTR or FOX
3) South City Long w/ FOX
4) Aston Historical w/ GTR
5) Kyotos w/ GTR or FOX
6) Other South City tracks w/ TBO

for example..
lovely idea, i'll probably join once in a while
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
You can count me in

This sounds like the "Old Gits who drive extremely slowly" idea posted a few weeks ago.

Good'o
well this is the 'Old Gits who drive extremely slowly, but who can last an hour without the toilet' idea
Quote from Mazz4200 :You can count me in

This sounds like the "Old Gits who drive extremely slowly" idea posted a few weeks ago.

Good'o

hmm.. I may be a git (for sure) but I'm not old.. nor am I slow
now that I think of it, they might share a few common thoughts
okay time will be 20GMT

http://www.timeanddate.com/wor ... in=0&sec=0&p1=136

config for first week is GTR@Westhill International

again, be there at 20GMT, an admin will come, start qualifying for 10 mins, 5 mins break and then race. Lets see how this works out (tell all your friends )
[dancing banana frenzy]
i'll spare you all the gifs

Time, track and cars are perfect!
Thanks for the help and respons.
It seems i'm not the only one interested in these kind of races.

Lets hope this works out and will stay for long!

/Fredrik
well tell all ur friends about it
Sounds good to me, I join if I manage to get some time...
wow.. that is a great idea, i might even join ya in a few races. Ill deffinatly spread the word for you
Quote from Lola Popeye :Laps: 60 minutes/LFSworld Benchmark times - so total race time is around 1 hour

just set the race length to 1 hour and not to laps
Good point,

I think using a 1 hour racing time is much better, with the varying skill levels it may take a while to complete all of the 38 laps an hour race would take at a consistent 103% WR benchmark pace.

Having said that, it wreaks havoc with strategies because it's impossible to know the exact amount of laps (and hence how much tyre wear will occur and fuel is required) that will be completed.
I will certainly join a few of these, if I can get in that is - got a feeling it may be full quite a lot.
-
the point of this is anybody can join, as long as you have fun and dont wreck i have the server set already, feel free to drop by and have a go, we not here to set WR laps
Yeah.. good deal that, I'm out of practice and Westhill is Evil, Evil I tell you. Yet I'll go give me a bashing!! (just need to finish off my supper first)
So if you can give us the password, we might be able to actually join...
no password needed 30 minutes to go
Quote from thisnameistaken :I think I'll have to miss the inaugural event due to lack of practise with the car/track combo but I'll definitely stop in later in the week. Thanks v. much SCCC

This is a new track and a new car to me too Thisname, but i'm still gonna give it a blast.
I may spin of at the first corner and spend the next hour sitting in a gravel trap, watching everyone drive past, but, what the hell

Its all good fun
-
And heres me thinking you're a complete novice like me !!!

I've had about an hours practice today, but that was basically to find out which way the track went, and to find a setup i was comfortable with, then put loads of downforce on it, its not fast, but at least i dont crash as much.

Mind you, my PC's been playing up the last few hours so i'm not sure, if i'll be able to stay connected, even if i do get on the server ?
-
Thank u to all participants & the SCCC crew, 'twas a great race! Would be even better with more ppl, tell ur m8s and lets do this again every day at 8pm GMT!
It was a really nice race today. Thanks for hosting SCCC - see ya next time. Ok maybe not tomorrow, because i have to relax after this enduro

greetz,
Warper
Was Great!
I will definatly come back to race with you guys. At least as long as it's about GTR cars. WAs nice and clean. Hope it stays that way for a long time! All we need now is some more people on the track!
Yep, great race!

Fantasticly clean first lap.
Had one or two touches with slower cars (moveitdammit ) later in the race. But i dont think i did too much damage.

But my setup was a disaster for long runs. Couldnt even run cleanly with two pitstops. Spun off several times on the last stint. Will work on that and come back tomorrow.

/Fredrik
Gotta do a couple of tyre test sessions for tomorrow and I'll be back in full force and expect to improve on my 3rd position!

[SCCC] Daily Enduro Fun
(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG