The online racing simulator
[SCCC] Daily Enduro Fun
(53 posts, started )
I did quite well in the first laps, was second after T1... Well, until a trip into the gravel totally knocked me out of my rhythm... Only at the end, I got into my rhythm again but that was waaaaaaayyyy too late...

But oh well, maybe next time...
Absolute disaster for me !!, but enjoyed every minute.

Came last, of course

Was enjoying myself so much, ran out of fuel 3 times ! (n00b) and had to start from lap 1 again, lol.

Bit more practice with the GTR, and i recon i can hang onto the back of the rest of you guys, well, at least for the first couple of laps !

Can't wait for some FOX races.

Question is, how do i make a setup good for enduro races?
I'll post aquestion in the setup forum..

/Fredrik
Heh that is a very good question, and after doing a testing session yesterday after the race I ended up with a set that proved initially to be almost 2sec faster per lap.. Didn't have time to do a full race length test though, but I should be more competitive than I was in the last race. Will see about what affects what in the long run but making the tyres last, and generate grip for as long as possible is very important..
You not only need to have an endurance set, you also have to drive carefully and clean. Never ever a power drift, it could be the start of the end of your tyres.

I think the driving is much more important then the set. I think my set yesterday wasn't a real endurance set...

Greetz,
Warper
Problem is that i rely mostly on the "setup field setups" and they are truly hotlap setups. I usally like Flotchs setups posted there (had a MRT5 setup in S1 he made that i used for, i don't know how long).
But the one found there for WE is very twitchy and completely unusable for a long run. So i used a AS setup that was more usable, but i fried my right front tire with that one.

/Fredrik
I used the Setupfield set by king13 (the faster one) yesterday. The only setting i changed was the rear wing - i increased it plus 2°.
But you are driving the FZR, right?/Fredrik
I'm actually quite new to LFS, only had it for a few months or so.... I have, however, been driving simulated endruance races for almost three years now
Endurance setups are really relying on your tire/fuel economy and your driving, like stated above.
I try to setup so that the inner two temp values on a tire are equal and try to balance the car so it burns the tires equal front and rear, at least on the "outside".
It does take a little tweaking, and it's not a very fast setup, and in general you will have to be a little carefull the first lap until the tires has reached a driveable temp. In return you get tires that last long, and you can probably save up to one pitstop in any 3 hour event.

Oh and to get away with this, you really have be a stable driver and drive every lap almost the same
My only problem is that I burn my tires way too fast... Other than that, my set yesterday was very good... I took the Westhill-set for FXR and set rear wing to 10°, and brake bias to 68% to front and it was perfect for me... If there weren't the tires... I tried R3's for some time during the race, but it was the same as the R2's, just way less grip and therefore slower speed...
So I have to find a way to not push the car that much so that my tires last longer than 8 laps...
I think the setupfield sets are usually quite good, and changing them to be more endurance friendly should be quite easy too. Basically you'd just need to tinker with downforce and camber, raising the former and lowering the latter.

Camber should be adjusted so wear evens out (drive a few clean laps and the whole tyre surface should be green, not only the inside) and downforce needs to be added to counter the loss in grip from the camber adjustments. But watch out, unless you really know what you're doing apply those changes to both ends so the car behaviour stays about the same.
I gave up on the FXR and drove the FZR yesterday for a few long practice runs.
It's much easier to control the tyrewear with your driving style with that car.

/Fredrik
Thanks for the thrilling race yesterday [WD]NAi[FiN]!

You where winding me up in the last laps, i had to drive the laps of my life (well, a pb anyway ) to keep you away.

Next race i will try to go faster in the first stint...

/Fredrik
Yes, excellent race. Very well driven, I couldn't have gone much faster at the end and did try a bit too hard spinning off 2 laps before the checkered flag. Great challenge!

*edit: look like I may have to start driving the XRR to keep up
Just registered that I missed race today? Were anything on tonight?
Wasn't anyone there, and the track wasn't set when I checked at five to. Settled for a few starts of Aston National
hey guys, we are thinking of 'reorganising' this, so maybe instead of everynight where only a few show up, we do it 3 times a week - monday, wednesday, friday, so im sure most people can find a free night out of these 3....
Sounds like a really good idea
Quote from Lola Popeye :hey guys, we are thinking of 'reorganising' this, so maybe instead of everynight where only a few show up, we do it 3 times a week - monday, wednesday, friday, so im sure most people can find a free night out of these 3....

Good idea.
Mondays and wednesdays sounds fine.
But isn't most people doing other stuff on fridays?
Thanks for your efforts!

/Fredrik
Errm... Didn't you have stuff going on on Friday? Thought so...
thursday there is the SCCC internal league so definitely not on thursday
No, I meant, that every friday, the server is passworded, so I figured, you guys have something special going on...

Anyway, any ideas for this weeks events?
Quote from bbman :No, I meant, that every friday, the server is passworded, so I figured, you guys have something special going on...

Anyway, any ideas for this weeks events?

I am trying to figure out howto do this in a less 'maintenance' way, yet still have decent number of racers during each race.
To me, sundays at 22 CET (21 GMT) would be perfect.

/Fredrik
Hmm...is there a race tomorrow (wednesday 8.11th)?

Westhill and the GTRs?

Time 21GMT? Laps?

I might be interested

[SCCC] Daily Enduro Fun
(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG