The online racing simulator
Will the 9700 pro power TH2GO ?
(6 posts, started )
i fancy a 3 monitor setup now..

i`m currently running 2 Sharp 15" TFTs, they have a max screen res of 1024x768 each and they are cheap as chips to buy

the problem is, i`m not sure if the old 9700 pro will be up to the task, bearing in mind they are only going to be running 1024/768 per screen, is it going to conk out ?

i read some posts from scawen which susgesdted he may try an old 9800 pro he had lieing about, but i`m unsure if he did or not?

if the 9800 pro works then i would assume the 9700 pro should be ok as well ?

if i had to start buying new GFX cards then i will just wait until i build a full new system, and do the kegetys soft mod instead
The 9700 Pro was my previous graphics card (until it died ) and I can assure you that it is very powerful. It doesn't have a big difference with the 9800 PRO, so if the 9800 Pro is adequate so is the 9700 at about 5% less I guess.
Quote from KMSpeed :The 9700 Pro was my previous graphics card (until it died ) and I can assure you that it is very powerful. It doesn't have a big difference with the 9800 PRO, so if the 9800 Pro is adequate so is the 9700 at about 5% less I guess.

that is what i figured, but i am unsure if it will run 3 displays at 1024/768 screen res and still let me play online
AFAIK you will only be able to get a max res of 2400x600 in game with an ATI card, regardless of whether or not it's powerful enough.
Yep, something to do with the ATI drivers having a display size limit for a SINGLE display. ATI drivers cope fine at combined resolutions up to 4096x4096, but you have to use multiple displays to achieve that (the TH2GO turns multiple screens into one as far as the PC sees it).

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG