The online racing simulator
LX4, totally sublime
(88 posts, started )
Quote from axus :vMaxHome will be running LX4 @ Westhill Reversed tonight. I'll try pop 'round sometime too. I'd say from 6pm GMT to about 10pm GMT, we'll be running free-for-all 8 lap races (roughly 15min races). Please join. I'll put it on the calendar too. And here's a good set for everyone (this is what cmckowen used to set the WR and my time on the charts is also done with that). Sorry if I'm being a cheapskate and taking a combo I'm fast at but it's really sublime in an LX and I have no time to practice at all.

(you can make a note in this thread to display interest so that people know that there will be enough to make a good race.)

Im obviously there already , at least for a little while longer.
-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain
Ive driven the lx's occasionally, mainly offline for fear of what i would do to people online lol. I have to say i like both equally for differenr reason's
LX4 - Alot of fun, quite stable but still with a tendancy to oversteer.
LX6 - Not so much fun as it's a beast, but i like that it's a beast make each lap fun.

Our team server (or servers last night) have been set to LRF BL1r in the lead upto the BOTT race and there have been quite a few people on with a few driving the lx6.
You guys are all just on the wrong continent. I hosted a server last night here in the US running the LX4 only on South City and later Aston. There were people on the server all night long and we had some really close, fun races.
Quote from Cue-Ball :You guys are all just on the wrong continent.

Someone's got to host your ballistic missile shield.
Quote from axus :The only way to race LXs IMO is in an organised event, they take practice, they're not so easy to do pickup races in... you can't just pop onto an LX server without practice and hope to be competitive. But a bit of practice and other good races, and you have one hell of a race.

thats what the whole occ lrf club thing was about ... nobody had any practice with the combo (except for a select few) so there was always someone around who was just as slow and rubbish as you were
#56 - Jakg
im on the server, now lets see if we can have a popular LRF server!
LX6 should have slicks, and racing rollcage. no lights. using slickmod with lx6.. it feel really f**king awesome!
Quote from vrooom :LX6 should have slicks, and racing rollcage. no lights. using slickmod with lx6.. it feel really f**king awesome!

But i think handling the LX6 and getting a lap right is so rewarding. Having raced it in the recent LXCC league which was amazing I have learnt how to drive the beast to a relatively fast pace. The LX4 is still an awesome car as control is so important with its lack of power
Quote from Jakg :im on the server, now lets see if we can have a popular LRF server!

pff...probably the only LRF server and it doesn't let you drive the car you would like to.
Quote from Blackout :pff...probably the only LRF server and it doesn't let you drive the car you would like to.

And its on Aston Cadet, sorry i dont like gay short combo's. You need a lengthy track as to make it any fun.
#61 - axus
Quote from Jakg :im on the server, now lets see if we can have a popular LRF server!

Smooth! Draw people to the STCC LFR server by advertising that you (as if you're the center of the world and the moment you're on everyone else is going to want a piece of the action) have gone there in a thread where I already organised an LX4 event at that time... so naturally what happens? 10 people were on the vMax server at a point, we were having quite a nice race but at the same time there's another 10 or so on the STCC LFR server. :doh:
Quote from vrooom :LX6 should have slicks, and racing rollcage. no lights. using slickmod with lx6.. it feel really f**king awesome!

I like having to put the power down with road tyres, thank you.

The LX8 should have a choice of road tyres or slicks, maybe. Once we get the LX8. Which of course we will, one day, even if we have to take it from the devs by force.
Not road tyres but not slicks either. If there is something in-between I'd like that with the V8 beast

If there is choise to have slicks and roadies people will always choose slicks. Of course having slicks doesn't mean that it would be boring but slicks woul be a bit overkill imho. The XRT can easily handle quite easily about 450hp with decent tires (480bhp with similar tires as the 911 turbo) so there is no reason why the lightish LX8 couldn't handle less with less weight. A 320hpish LX8 (with 12litre quad turbo W15 j/k) would b just perfect imho for the most challenging car in LFS. There aren't any impossible to drive cars in LFS atm...
#64 - JJ72
what is the name of the server
#65 - axus
Quote from JJ72 :what is the name of the server

vMaxHome but I'm not sure how many people are still on, I had to go do something else. There might be more people at the STCC LFR server.
#66 - JJ72
oh heck I never did any STCC race.

* just checked omg the bronze room is brutal!!!
so where is all the LX4 action?? can't find much
I've got to work tonight. I've always got to work on the nights when everybody clubs together to drive a decent ****ing car for a change.

I'll see if I can get finished quicker. *codes furiously*
-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain
Quote from axus :Smooth! Draw people to the STCC LFR server by advertising that you (as if you're the center of the world and the moment you're on everyone else is going to want a piece of the action) have gone there in a thread where I already organised an LX4 event at that time... so naturally what happens? 10 people were on the vMax server at a point, we were having quite a nice race but at the same time there's another 10 or so on the STCC LFR server. :doh:

in all honesty the combo was one of the most boring drives ive ever had ... too bad i cent get into the stcc server
Quote from Vain :What I'd love to see is a league that doesn't disclose the combo it'll run. At 19:30 GMT a 30 mins practice/quali-session opens, on 20:10 GMT a 20 minutes race starts, on 20:40 GMT a second 20 minutes race starts. That's 90 minutes time for one event.
It wouldn't be something for those die-hard racers who can't take a 2nd place, so I don't think I'll ever see something like that. Sad.

That's what used to be so good about the Odd Combo Club that SamH organised. It was a level playing field, at least for the first couple of races. I mean, Bawbag would still win, but not by as many laps.
Quote from Vain :I tried the LX4 today for half an hour and I like it.
I'd like to join a proper series with the LX4, but I'm not willing to join yet another league that demands hours and hours of practice to be competitive.
What I'd love to see is a league that doesn't disclose the combo it'll run. At 19:30 GMT a 30 mins practice/quali-session opens, on 20:10 GMT a 20 minutes race starts, on 20:40 GMT a second 20 minutes race starts. That's 90 minutes time for one event.

Great idea!
-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain
Quote from Vain :If you need any assistance regarding the STCC servers, you know there are people around to solve any problems.

the problem is that i disliked the concept and thus only raced one evening which means im still copper ^^
i did try leveling some more tonight but the standard of driving on so classic was just appalling ... cars flying everywhere people turning into you ... starting from the back is was a bit like a banger server with mobile chicanes suddenly appearing in front
but if youre willing to bumpdraft me a little id like to take your word on that helping offer ^^
Where you guys are talking about an LX8, do you mean a V8 like the Westfield SEiGT (namely a front-heavy tourer), or a car thats actually fast like the Z Cars twin-Hayabusa powered Westfield?

Nothing wrong with the LX4, nice to see a proper rendition of a Locost car in a sim
Quote from Vain :I tried the LX4 today for half an hour and I like it.
I'd like to join a proper series with the LX4, but I'm not willing to join yet another league that demands hours and hours of practice to be competitive.
What I'd love to see is a league that doesn't disclose the combo it'll run. At 19:30 GMT a 30 mins practice/quali-session opens, on 20:10 GMT a 20 minutes race starts, on 20:40 GMT a second 20 minutes race starts. That's 90 minutes time for one event.
It wouldn't be something for those die-hard racers who can't take a 2nd place, so I don't think I'll ever see something like that.

Sounds cool. I would definatly participate if something like this.
Quote from JamesK :Where you guys are talking about an LX8, do you mean a V8 like the Westfield SEiGT (namely a front-heavy tourer), or a car thats actually fast like the Z Cars twin-Hayabusa powered Westfield?

its a car that was supposed to be in s2 ... v8 with slicks

LX4, totally sublime
(88 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG