The online racing simulator
LX4, totally sublime
(88 posts, started )
LX4 has always been my favourite.

-1 for LX8 btw. Racing LX yes (2 versions please, 1 with 250bhp, 1 with 150bhp and skinny tyres), V8 racing LX, no.
Quote from Warper :Ok guys! stop talking and JOIN!

Heh, don't forget some people have a job too
A job? whats that?
#29 - Davo
I can't drive the LRF class at all. Brake and you go sideways, step on the gas, sideways, try to turn and you go straight. They're the most frustrating cars in LFS and I hate them.
the lx4 is the fox of lrf racing ... its so ... dead
Quote from Davo :I can't drive the LRF class at all. Brake and you go sideways, step on the gas, sideways, try to turn and you go straight. They're the most frustrating cars in LFS and I hate them.

Practice, thats all it takes.

It just takes a bit of skill and loads of practice, they really aren't that hard to drive fast, plus I have found that driving the LRF class of cars makes you a better driver all round

If you mash the pedals then you will end up sideways, a little finesse it required
#32 - Davo
I've driven 70 laps in the LX6 around BL rev and I'm still 3 seconds from the WR. I just can't get the car to do what hannu does. The FZ5 feels like a heavier rwd and more power version FXO and the RA is just otu of control. I haven't driven much of these cars but they just don't appeal to me very much when you've got the cars with slicks and downforce to play with.
-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain
I think someone should organise an LX race for tonight. 7 30 pm is a good time for me.
Quote from Davo :I've driven 70 laps in the LX6 around BL rev and I'm still 3 seconds from the WR. I just can't get the car to do what hannu does. The FZ5 feels like a heavier rwd and more power version FXO and the RA is just otu of control. I haven't driven much of these cars but they just don't appeal to me very much when you've got the cars with slicks and downforce to play with.

The key to get to like the LRF cars is practise. The base thing is to understand why the cars do something and then try to fix it. RA is a bit unstable at higher speeds but once you get some confidence with it you can get quite a lot pleasure from driving it. Or the LX6, once you know how to operate the throttle it doesn't bite anymore. And the FZ50 feels like it has no traction at all but after some time it feels like planted. And because the big diiferences between these cars the races are and can be quite exciting as all cars have their strengths and weaknesses which you need to know. It may take a long time but it is defenately worth it. Later when we get the prototypes and supercars a proper throttle control is a must, it's good time to practise for them now

EDIT: a weekly LRF event would be veery nice
Quote from Hyperactive :EDIT: a weekly LRF event would be veery nice

yeah, that would be cool.
45 mins on KY Nat. e.g.

but i doubt there are enough interested racers.
#36 - axus
vMaxHome will be running LX4 @ Westhill Reversed tonight. I'll try pop 'round sometime too. I'd say from 6pm GMT to about 10pm GMT, we'll be running free-for-all 8 lap races (roughly 15min races). Please join. I'll put it on the calendar too. And here's a good set for everyone (this is what cmckowen used to set the WR and my time on the charts is also done with that). Sorry if I'm being a cheapskate and taking a combo I'm fast at but it's really sublime in an LX and I have no time to practice at all.

(you can make a note in this thread to display interest so that people know that there will be enough to make a good race.)
Attached files
LX4_WesthillRev.set - 132 B - 995 views
-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain
I'll try and be there, well out of practice in the LX but it'll be fun nonetheless
#38 - JJ72
will be there if the ping is good
I'm so jealous!!! I love the LX's (the 4 more, as it provides more racing, and is less about raw grunt), but as usual I'm busy tonight (and most nights). When I move into my new place and get more settled I'll be racing again!
Quote from danowat :Here we go again, another one of "these" posts.........

Why oh why do I have to spend most of my time racing the LX4 on my own, or with only a few drivers?.

Maybe this year's Roadsport <season> Cup should be an LX4 competition?

I do really like the LX4. Yes the LX6 is more manly, but the LX4 is a sweet little car in its own right. But like any "little" car in LFS you need to run it at a short, twisty circuit to get the most out of it.

I used to think nobody raced the LRFs because they were hard to drive, but nobody used to race the TBOs either and now every time I go online everybody is on Becky's servers and has been for months. Maybe the LRFs just need a good gimmick like that.
#41 - SamH
I don't get it.. the LRF isn't popular outside the forum AT all.

I launched the LRFClub server a month or so ago. It was popular for one evening, and apart from about 6 non-UKCT connects and disconnects, the server log shows that it's not been used at all since. I was on there night after night, driving alone or with Jak, and I know Jak's spent hours and hours alone on there, and never been joined a single time.

The LRF isn't popular. It just gets talked about in the forums as if it were, but it isn't. I killed the LRF server a few days ago, because I could get better use out of my port map allocation.
Imho, you should allow qualifying on the LRF servers. I have been few times alone on the server and it is quite pointless to just drive the races alone. Make hotlapping possible people have reason to stay on the server even if there aren't anyone else. A least I always start the quali if I'm alone on a server

LRFs can be "popular", it is all about making iniative and telling others about it. People could just post in some thread that they are going to the LRF server. Usually there are at least few who are interested

Takes a lot more to full an LRF server than FOX server
Quote from Hyperactive :LRFs can be "popular", it is all about making iniative and telling others about it. People could just post in some thread that they are going to the LRF server. Usually there are at least few who are interested

I personally think it's all about ego and laziness, many LFS racers are less than happy to move out of there comfort zone and learn how to drive something a bit different, it's just too easy for them to default into their normal pattern of GTR's at Aston etc.

TBH, if that was all I raced, I'd probably chew my own arms off with boredom........
#44 - axus
The only way to race LXs IMO is in an organised event, they take practice, they're not so easy to do pickup races in... you can't just pop onto an LX server without practice and hope to be competitive. But a bit of practice and other good races, and you have one hell of a race.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Maybe this year's Roadsport <season> Cup should be an LX4 competition?

Now my life is a little more sorted and back on track (ish), thats not a bad idea at all Kev................

Quote from axus :The only way to race LXs IMO is in an organised event, they take practice, they're not so easy to do pickup races in... you can't just pop onto an LX server without practice and hope to be competitive. But a bit of practice and other good races, and you have one hell of a race.

You might just have a point there............
FTR: The Dead Men Racing guys run the LX4 on their server quite often and most evenings they've got 8-12 racers in there, but it's always the same faces every time I join. It'd be nice to see more of you in there.
I'll have a go.....Hardly ever driven this car so I'll try to link my brake pedal to my 'sorry' macro
to some LX racing
Imo, the UKCT LRF server had too many laps for good races.
Quote from danowat :Here we go again, another one of "these" posts.........

Why oh why do I have to spend most of my time racing the LX4 on my own, or with only a few drivers?.

This car is one of the most fun, satisfying and rewarding cars to drive in LFS for me ATM, it combines sublime handling with a fair bit of power, and it is so exciting to drive, I just can't understand it's (and the LRF class) lack of use online, well, I probably can, maybe the LX4 and LRF class take people out of their comfort zones.

But it isn't a hard car to drive, and when you get it sussed experiances like holding it just a touch sideways on the throttle around the double apex corner on Fern Bay Gold reverse is one of the highlights of LFS to me.

I just wish more people would race it online

agreed, I enjoyed racing with you yesterday round SO thats a kick ass combo, but why did I have to wait this long to find out. Sorry for the bump on the last lap btw

Thumbs up also to DMR for their odd combos. always so much fun and a friendly group of guys to boot

LX4, totally sublime
(88 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG