The online racing simulator
LX4, totally sublime
(88 posts, started )
LX4, totally sublime
Here we go again, another one of "these" posts.........

Why oh why do I have to spend most of my time racing the LX4 on my own, or with only a few drivers?.

This car is one of the most fun, satisfying and rewarding cars to drive in LFS for me ATM, it combines sublime handling with a fair bit of power, and it is so exciting to drive, I just can't understand it's (and the LRF class) lack of use online, well, I probably can, maybe the LX4 and LRF class take people out of their comfort zones.

But it isn't a hard car to drive, and when you get it sussed experiances like holding it just a touch sideways on the throttle around the double apex corner on Fern Bay Gold reverse is one of the highlights of LFS to me.

I just wish more people would race it online
I know that people in the past used to run the LX4 as part of the TBO class, maybe getting that fad back in might be a good idea?
I don't think it's competive with the TBO class, it's quite a bit faster, it is though, competitive, with the LRF class on smaller tracks
Well, the STCC LRF server won't work as you need to have the platinum license to have fun, LX4 is the most enjoyable car after it's bigger brother but as said only competitive on shorter tracks.

What has bothered me a while is that LX4 is left out in the LFS server filtering. If you only use the standard filters you never find a LX4 server if there was a such thing. It is a great car, handles almost perfectly and really feels it could do much better all the time and better itself. It would deserve to be raced and have a dedicated server!

How about the Odd Combo Club? It could be set to LX4 as there isn't much action going on if I'm right. I know I would race it.
Quote from Blackout :Well, the STCC LRF server won't work as you need to have the platinum license to have fun, LX4 is the most enjoyable car after it's bigger brother but as said only competitive on shorter tracks.

You don't actually have to have a platinum license to drive the LX4, you can drive it with a silver license, the FZ5 and RAC require gold
I've always felt the LX4 a bit lame, and too predictable.
LX6 FTW <3
Yeah, the LX6 is fun, but for it can be frustrating in it's "one slip up and it'll rip your face off" style, the LX4 is just as fun as the LX6 but it more controllable on the throttle.
Quote from danowat :You don't actually have to have a platinum license to drive the LX4, you can drive it with a silver license, the FZ5 and RAC require gold

The LX6 is the fun in LFR class
I know you can drive the Lx4 with silver, did that on the launch night.
Quote from danowat :Yeah, the LX6 is fun, but for it can be frustrating in it's "one slip up and it'll rip your face off" style, the LX4 is just as fun as the LX6 but it more controllable on the throttle.

I've always thought the opposite, with LX4 you go more on full throttle (=boring), while with LX6 you HAVE to control the throttle.

Both cars are definitely the cream of LFS, but for enjoyment I'd pick LX6 over 4 anytime.
Quote from frokki :I've always thought the opposite, with LX4 you go more on full throttle (=boring), while with LX6 you HAVE to control the throttle.

Both cars are definitely the cream of LFS, but for enjoyment I'd pick LX6 over 4 anytime.

But as with every car, while the beefier one might be more fun individually, the lower powered and easier to control car usually provides closer and overall better racing
#11 - Jakg
LRF cars are nice to drive, but horrible to race because of their handling - when you get close to another car you get contact due to other drivers

(although i <3 the LX's!)
Quote from Jakg :LRF cars are nice to drive, but horrible to race because of their handling - when you get close to another car you get contact due to other drivers

(although i <3 the LX's!)

Yes, I can see that a car having handling would be horrid to race. You, however, much prefer the FXO, which doesn't so much have handling but lets continental drift occur underneath it in a Titanicesque kind of way.
I think the handling is perfect on the LX4, very balanced and quite easy up to the limit.
I understand that many people prefer FOX to LRF-class, because it's much easier to drive.

What I don't understand is, why in every of these threads there are so many people who "love the LXs", but online there's no-one racing it.
Exactly the same goes for german forum.

Perhaps because it's easier to race the LX6 in the forums than on track.
#15 - Jakg
i like the FXO because of the noise (back in U), the looks (brutish front end) and because i like the way it handled (always have)

I like the LX4, and the LX6, the FZ5 has lost the only thing i liked about it - the noise (specifically the GROWL!), and the RAC is fun for giving a whipping to an LX4 on a tight track

LRF's + H-Gate = Rubbish laps but lots of fun!

Personally, i enjoy racing some of the LRF's, (namely the LX's, and RAC), but the servers aren't popular because their difficult to drive and harder to race, thus few people do, i was saying why i think the servers aren't popular, i do go on them!
You can have some quality racing in the LRF class, it does depend on the drivers around you, but at the same time if you give people a wide berth for the first lap or so you should end up in the same pack as drivers of a similar standard to yourself.

I agree that the LX4 is one of, if not THE, nicest cars to drive in LFS.
Power/weight and grip levels are pretty well balanced, and you can throw it about just for fun
Well let's race them and skip the talk then
#18 - Jakg
ok, let me pull out ma G25 and plug it in in the middle of the lesson
Quote from MrSkill :Perhaps because it's easier to race the LX6 in the forums than on track.

Heh, probably. Bruum bruum

---
I think the LX6 is more fun simply because it is not so easy to throw around as the smaller one. LX4 is maybe a bit too easy to drive and without close fights it can get quite boring quite quickly. It isn't quite possible to totally "lose it" as it is in the proper LRF cars

EDIT:
Quote from Blackout :Well let's race them and skip the talk then

You're on! I'll just finish this coffee and... eh... were you serious?
I'll go to "the" LRF server, cya there... punks!
-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain
Oh bloody hell I suppose I have to join then!
I like the LX4 much more than it's higher powered brother. Once I fixed the massive understeer issues and taught myself that it really wants to be slid round corners I started getting much better with it.

That said, on most LRF servers I favour the FZ50. Disable the TC and you have a vicious beast of a car. I love it. Like the XRT/RB4 in the TBO class, you won't beat a LX4 in the FZ50, but I really enjoy driving the thing. But the TC needs to be disabled or at least tinkered with.
In fact, I did a bit of testing and figured that the only reason it has TC by default is not for control, but to save the rear tyres
i don't like the lx4 very much, just because there is a lx6, which is better in every possible way. i mean, come on with s2 the lx6 became so much easier to drive. there is no more need for that car.

i would like to see the lx4 dumped for the lx8, to get the old-insane-s1-lx6 feeling back.
While I agree that the LX8 SHOULD be added to LFS, I would hate for the LX4 to be dumped for it.
well, yeah. you are right. just adding the lx8 would be best :P.
Ok guys! stop talking and JOIN!

I just started my Host - LX4 only! Track, to be choosed when some of you join:

Hostname: auto² // Facts & Emotions (Just search for Warper)

Greets,
Warper

LX4, totally sublime
(88 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG