The online racing simulator
Data logging and little more
(13 posts, started )
#1 - JTbo
As my journey has led to the dark side I found GTR's Motec thing very handy when building setup.
I think that LFS could have something similar at least to race cars, for road cars that is not needed also road car settings should be limited even more
However I think that it is better to be in game, not external program, would be great if while analyzing log you could change settings. For example if you would be looking damper settings there would be controls to adjust rebound and bump settings without jumping between garage and analyzer. Maybe something to think about?

Sample pics from motec pic1 pic2

Then I also noticed this nice 'hand' function so you can grab your car with mouse and turn it that way, would be very nice to lfs too so one can quickly turn car in garage, maybe not much use, just nicer than current bit old fashion way to do it.

Force feedback did work great with Microsoft wheel, but with dfp I miss partially forces, wheel that is inner turn side ie. less loaded is not delivering forces to wheel at all, seems to be that there is limit how weak forces are noticed and in this case forces are too small, but not too small when I try my microsoft wheel and forces from both wheels are delivered to wheel.
Maybe little finetuning needed there too?
this software is the actual software Motec uses to analyze data from real race cars... that's why it's external in GTR

if we could get our hands on the description of data structure motec analyzer uses for input, it would be possible to input data from lfs RAF file into it...
#3 - M.Mos
Quote from Nitemare :if we could get our hands on the description of data structure motec analyzer uses for input, it would be possible to input data from lfs RAF file into it...

Yes , please someone do a .raf->.ld converter. So people who bought GTR can make at least some use of their product . I'm sure i saw a description of Motec's .ld format i just can't find it now

F1perfview is good , but Motec Interpreter is better, much better.

Edit: Just found this , but thats not what i'm looking for
#5 - JTbo
i downloaded gtt demo 2.0, motec is included there, even with some sample files...

on the first look it seems it might be quite easy to decode without the need for a complete definition... i'll try to do something with it...
#7 - JTbo
Great, I'm looking forward what this could bring up
#8 - Misko
And then it would be trully fantastic if OutSim data could be fed live into Motec, perhaps even over the net to the team engineer. Is this doable?
#9 - JTbo
Any news in telemetry front?

f1perfview is rather bad / not friendly to use, imo. and it seems there is no motec outsim plugin yet?
Woah...bump of the year! :O
#11 - JTbo
Quote from Blackout :Woah...bump of the year! :O

I was thinking of creating new thread to programmers area, but as there was old one opened already must finish this first
#12 - JTbo
This one does pretty lot of good stuff.

Just LFS would need option to autosave raf files like there is for replays.
You'll struggle to find an easy way to convert data to different programs seeing as they obviously don't want you to use their software with a rivals hardware. Give any data company a mail and their's a good chance they'll be very interested in letting their software be used for this purpose as this can potentially be good for marketing for them.

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG