The online racing simulator
LFS crashes when selecting car
(11 posts, started )
I have LFS on Vista and when i choose any car except the XR GT Turbo it says LFS.exe has stopped working and the game closes. Any idea whats wrong. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling.
I'm not sure but i read somewhere that u can't play on Vista.
I also have a couple of remedies to all problems:
1 remove the mouse ball, and start screaming inside your mouse
2 buy some gallons of gasoline and a box of matches

your pc must be scared of those things and work properly
#3 - Gunn
Quote from evan55 :I have LFS on Vista and when i choose any car except the XR GT Turbo it says LFS.exe has stopped working and the game closes. Any idea whats wrong. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

This problem doesn't sound possible. Perhaps your download was corrupt in the first place? Download LFS again from here and unpack it to a new folder. How many cars have you tried so far without success?
Quote from ScorpioGT :I'm not sure but i read somewhere that u can't play on Vista.
I also have a couple of remedies to all problems:
1 remove the mouse ball, and start screaming inside your mouse
2 buy some gallons of gasoline and a box of matches

your pc must be scared of those things and work properly

well i thought that the V patch was compatable with Vista?

Quote from Gunn :This problem doesn't sound possible. Perhaps your download was corrupt in the first place? Download LFS again from here and unpack it to a new folder. How many cars have you tried so far without success?

I only have 3 demo cars, both of the XR GT's work and the hatchback doesn't.

I'll try re downloading the file again
I just re downloaded the file again from a different location, and when i chose the hatchback car, the game still crashes. One weird thing though is after I installed it it already has all of my old car setups and user name already filled in. Do I need to change something in the registry or something to make sure the game is fully erased?
Quote from evan55 :I just re downloaded the file again from a different location, and when i chose the hatchback car, the game still crashes. One weird thing though is after I installed it it already has all of my old car setups and user name already filled in. Do I need to change something in the registry or something to make sure the game is fully erased?

no.
to be sure to start the new "installation" extract it in a new folder and start it directly from there.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :no.
to be sure to start the new "installation" extract it in a new folder and start it directly from there.

Yeah, thats what I did. Deleted the old LFS folder, make a new one and extracted the files into there.
#8 - Gunn
Quote from evan55 :Yeah, thats what I did. Deleted the old LFS folder, make a new one and extracted the files into there.

If you deleted the old LFS installation there is no way your setups etc could still be available. LFS does not write to the registry either.

"Fully erasing" LFS simply means deleting it from your hard drive.
This is what i would try:

Firstly i would try it a few times to see if it just starts to work

If that didnt work i would do a diskdefrag just to test if your computer isnt messed up.(By doing tht you do Start>All programs>accessories>System tools>Disk Defragment).

Also maybe your spec of your pc cant cope with Windows Vista and LFS? (CPU or Ram)

Not saying these wont work but might aswell try putting more ram in depending on how much you already have

Good Luck
Got it working now. I made a folder called "Live For Speed" instead of "LFS" and that worked.
#11 - Jakg
Quote from dmwright :This is what i would try:

Firstly i would try it a few times to see if it just starts to work

If that didnt work i would do a diskdefrag just to test if your computer isnt messed up.(By doing tht you do Start>All programs>accessories>System tools>Disk Defragment).

Also maybe your spec of your pc cant cope with Windows Vista and LFS? (CPU or Ram)

Not saying these wont work but might aswell try putting more ram in depending on how much you already have

Good Luck

i cant see how any of those would help or cause LFS to crash

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG