The online racing simulator
Whats your driving style?
(78 posts, started )
whats yours? please be specific. Mines is agressive and out of control especaiilly in the xrt i slide everywhere. BUT when i drive race style i can be 1:41 possible but at the end my car BARELY runs and there are 3 wheels off the ground
Somehow a bit aggressive, but very clean. Maybe I'm a racer IRL so I maintain a clean racing as best as I can. However, my disadvantage is my driving still not stable enough.
cautious and erratic. ('scared sh*tless that I'll take out the whole grid' would be a better term.)
Terrible. Just terrible. Well to be honest, not extremely terrible, but dont expect me do do well in a stcc race... My excuse, im still getting use to my g25 with the clutch and everything. I came from a mouse for over a year, to the g25. Driving style is fairly aggressive, with a hint of
Quote : ('scared sh*tless that I'll take out the whole grid' would be a better term.)

But i am better then funnybone2 from the sound of it. I can get 1:29's on bl or bl reversed. (with the mouse)
Quote from stevewhite :Terrible. Just terrible. Well to be honest, not extremely terrible, but dont expect me do do well in a stcc race... My excuse, im still getting use to my g25 with the clutch and everything. I came from a mouse for over a year, to the g25. Driving style is fairly aggressive, with a hint of But i am better then funnybone2 from the sound of it. I can get 1:29's on bl or bl reversed. (with the mouse)

The WR of XRT in BL1 and BL1R are 1:32 and 1:34 respectively.. how can u get into 1:29's @@? Funnybone means that he's using XRT..
Quote from keithano :The WR of XRT in BL1 and BL1R are 1:32 and 1:34 respectively.. how can u get into 1:29's @@? Funnybone means that he's using XRT..

Ummm no? Thats the wr for xfg and xrg The wr for xrt is 1:23.10
Quote from Kajojek(PL) :Ummm no? Thats the wr for xfg and xrg The wr for xrt is 1:23.10

O , my bad :P messed up those cars.. lol..
I can manage to get 1:27's (only drove 10 laps using default setting in STCC server) constantly with xrt at BL1.. never driven BL1R thro.

Clean driving with a little bit aggressive is good

BTW: Demo racer can drive XRT?
#8 - Yoboy
Like Fernando Alonso.....very agressive, I slam the wheel into the corners...and my movements tend to be jerkey rather than smooth but it all works out.
Agressive but very safety, i got good positions in race passing safety.
BTW: Demo racer can drive XRT?[/quote] yes its the favorite car of ours
I'm careful and always struggle to keep the XR series cars on the ground and under controll. This does not make me the fastest driver in the bunch, but I am pretty damn consistant.
I really hate to get hit or even nudged in the rear and I try my best not to do it to anyone else. I rather plant my car in the fence or in the sand.
#12 - JJ72
sucks when leading well ahead, better when hunting down someone or chasing a lap record, loves door to door racing tend to lost concentration in the lap sector of last lap
#13 - aoun
Agressive but clean + smooth. I can hack loads of pressure while racing in packs at the front at fast paces but sometimes crack under pressure when lapping times..
Relaxed and smooth, like going to the grocery to get some milk.

Actually, going to the grocery and getting milk is anything but relaxed and smooth. But I will get there.
I always drive with the goal that a multiplayerdemo will always be to my advantage incase of trouble. For me it's aggressive but extremely clean.

Unfortunately it's a gamble. Not too seldom I find myself off the road, outcrashed by someone who didn't check mirrors or the sides...
.. but with a demo that prooves me right. :munching_
I think that I drive fairly smoothly, I've only done about 800 miles online so I'm still learning. One thing I've noticed is that whilst other people seem to have a bit of oversteer I normally have a bit of understeer.
Clean and late braking
Too cautious, scared to take the whole grid out. Clean but agressive when needed. It depends on the car too, and if i'm familiar with the track.

I drive it like I own it.
I try to race clean, but sometimes i'm out of controll and then everything can happen. But i can't race with a car with only two wheels on the ground and i don't want to spoil other peoples races so i do my best to keep it clean.
I think my driving style is quite balanced and smooth. Often on the STCC Bronze servers, I'm by far not the fastest (as for laptimes and etc), but I manage to keep around 3rd place because I normally don't crash by my own faults (often enough others bump me around )
On the SO tracks, I prefer sliding around some corners instead of keeping the grip as long as possible, it's faster for me .
#23 - joen
I have a bit of an agressive style. I certainly do my very best to be a clean and fair driver, but because of this I'm a bit too cautious sometimes as well.
My specialty is avoiding trouble at T1
During Qualy / Not Racing in a group :

Agressive round corners , I am always looking to go faster so when there is no risk at ruining someone elses race I go all out round the corners. The straights are obviously easy and can also play a part in maintaining a lead / catching an opponent depending on how you exit the corner and the set-up of the car.

I do extensive testing in LFS , not just races.

During Race / Racing in a group :

On the straights its no change , still as flat-out as possible hoping to keep right with the ones in front / in front. I will slipstream if I can , anything to keep the pressure on the guy in front.

On the corners its different , I expect braking from the guy in front , so I think ALWAYS brake earlier when cars are in front , if side by side , I do try and get inside and let them know I am there , if on the outside , I slow enough to try and cut back inside , and then concentrate on getting away from that corner with most accel.

Simple.

Calum
Quote from ACCAkut :I think my driving style is quite balanced and smooth. Often on the STCC Bronze servers, I'm by far not the fastest (as for laptimes and etc), but I manage to keep around 3rd place because I normally don't crash by my own faults (often enough others bump me around )
On the SO tracks, I prefer sliding around some corners instead of keeping the grip as long as possible, it's faster for me .

Really 3th place with that little milage? That's good. I can manage to get 5th/6th place if i drive a race without mistakes. Sometimes i come into a slide in a corner and most of the times i can recover from that but what often happens then is that somebody behind me rams into me because i loose speed with the slide and then there is not much recovering left.

(78 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG