The online racing simulator
There is clutch damage in LFS!
(42 posts, started )
Quote from Thunderhead :(especially spelling)

Nah I wouldn't worry too much about spelling, most if not all native English speaking countries don't think it is important illepall

@BBT you can save this one for the next thread that appears about "How do you know if your addicted to LFS"
Quote from FlintFredstone :I think ive noticed carpet wear in the footwell of the uf1000, infact im sure of it!

edit: no it was just dust on my monitor

Simon

LMAO
LOL Jeff Gave me a good laugh though =)
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Could someone please delete this thread before the masses see it :ashamed: :worried: :guilty: :dopey:

Too late, i post this thread to all forums which i'm member of.
:uglyhamme
Aww man, I think there is a physics_fooluser() routine in LFS to make someone go berserk! I was thinking about this in my sleep ffs! Something strange happened, I know it! I was even commenting about these events as they unfolded to my wife with unabashed enthusiasm, certain I'd stumbled upon an incomplete undocumented feature.... Of course, it didn't make sense that the revs dropped massively rather than there just being no connection between the engine & transmission... And damnit my clutch axis didn't work LOL.

Scapegoat: LFSTweak does wierd things - spread the blame, thank you!

Glad everyone had a good laugh, it's the best medicine!

HEY BOB - .... ah, never mind.
This is a good thread to wake up to.
:moped: :smash3d: :banana: :bannana_g :bump: :dogrun: :drugs:
Quote from N I K I :I dont anderstand what are you talking about . I use manual clutch and gearbox. I downshift sometims 55 gears at the time. I use clutch on button. And I never had any problems. So...

maybe its a glitch? EDIT: wrong edit
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :

Scapegoat: LFSTweak does wierd things - spread the blame, thank you!

Glad everyone had a good laugh, it's the best medicine!

HEY BOB - .... ah, never mind.

I have personally experianced wierd things using tweak. For instance i was hearing people ask for chassi flex but as i recall very clearly in LFS tweak for Q i made a 4000+ horse drag car and set the rev time to 111 (it makes the tranny seem like powerglide -and it gives instant power) it took a while to rev, but at 6000 rpm or so the front left wheel in my XRG rose slowly off the ground i checked again with forces on and this was the only wheel to leave the ground, and upon looking at the car from the front it seemed twisted/distorted/scary/wicked/cool ...end
Quote from Ricerguy :I have personally experianced wierd things using tweak. For instance i was hearing people ask for chassi flex but as i recall very clearly in LFS tweak for Q i made a 4000+ horse drag car and set the rev time to 111 (it makes the tranny seem like powerglide -and it gives instant power) it took a while to rev, but at 6000 rpm or so the front left wheel in my XRG rose slowly off the ground i checked again with forces on and this was the only wheel to leave the ground, and upon looking at the car from the front it seemed twisted/distorted/scary/wicked/cool ...end

Heh,

This was likely due to your massive engine torque causing the car to rotate around it's virtual driveshaft (forcing one rear wheel into the ground & decompressing it's suspension - twisting the car)... Still cool though
Yes, I was also amazed how realistic LFS is. XF has transversal placed engine like typical hatch IR.
Indeed. GTR2 can't even get the sound to come from the right direction (rear engined cars still have the sound come from the front of the car - turn your head right, and the sound comes from the left on all cars).
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Indeed. GTR2 can't even get the sound to come from the right direction (rear engined cars still have the sound come from the front of the car - turn your head right, and the sound comes from the left on all cars).

LOL never really noticed, I hate the Porsche's and their under/oversteer at the same time feeling. I can hardly cope with one at a time nevermind both =)
Quote from Viper93 :LOL never really noticed, I hate the Porsche's and their under/oversteer at the same time feeling. I can hardly cope with one at a time nevermind both =)

Sounds perfectly balanced to me
#39 - JTbo
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Indeed. GTR2 can't even get the sound to come from the right direction (rear engined cars still have the sound come from the front of the car - turn your head right, and the sound comes from the left on all cars).

They had that flaw in GTR 2 too? :jawdrop:

Geez, it is only one parameter with three numbers as coordinates, how hard it is to set right

EngineSound=(0.00, 0.30, 0.07) There it is, put it to 0, 0, 0 and it is center of rear axle, maybe Simbin reads this and they learn to how to do it right in GTR 3 or then they don't
Hey, thanks for the tip!
Quote from mrodgers :

It's always nice to know the racers by their actual names rather than the sometimes silly screennames we see.

I agree completely.

There is clutch damage in LFS!
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG