The online racing simulator
What Now?
(12 posts, started )
#1 - Jakg
What Now?
Well, heres my latest render (yes, i know im in UKCT now but the MG FXO was soooo sexy!), what else should i do it?

How to i change numberplates?
Attached images
FXO_JakgSTCC-Render-2-Cars.jpg
#2 - CSU1
SH*T hot as is nice job
#3 - joen
Quote from Jakg :Well, heres my latest render (yes, i know im in UKCT now but the MG FXO was soooo sexy!), what else should i do it?

Depends on what you want really. If you want to make the renders better/more different from this standard scene, and want to invest time into it, it's basically a matter of learning how to create materials and improve the lighting. Can't really tell you how to do it, because it's basically just a matter of experimenting and googling around.
The wheel material for instance looks nothing like that of a real wheel. And the totally white background and lighting make it really bright imo.

Quote :
How to i change numberplates?

Create a material containing a texture for the numberplate and apply it to the faces of the numberplate. The standard texture is in lfs\data\dds. Can't remember what it's called but it's just a white texture with S2 on it or something.
The tint on the glass looks a bit too blue.

I'd agree with joen though, I don't like renders of cars in an infinite white room. Much like I hate photos of real cars which are then edited into a perfectly white room. A photo isn't just about the car, it should be set in some nice scenery. In your case, model a garage or something and put the cars in that. A lot of work but can be re-used.
The car on the left has a two tone window, and I'm not sure why. Look nice
Quote from sweetreid :The car on the left has a two tone window, and I'm not sure why. Look nice

It's just the reflection. Can see that line continue down the back of the car. Kind of exaggerated, but nothing bad.
#7 - Jakg
Erm, whats the mazive square over the top of the car do? its quite highup, but with a shiny floor i can see it - is it safe to delete it?
#8 - joen
It's a self illuminating plane which gives the reflections on the car. If you remove it your the reflections will be gone.
numberplate file is :- s_plate.dds
#10 - Jakg
ah, thanks!

FOGlensy - i know that, its a case of applying it to the car which i couldnt do!
Ahh i see sorry, my bad
I always used multiple small reflection planes for a better effect, I can recommend that to everyone using a single large reflection (air)plane.

The attached pic might have too much but it gives an idea.
Attached images
dslrender2.jpg

What Now?
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG