The online racing simulator
S2 full
(30 posts, started )
#1 - _rod_
S2 full
I know some people will flame me for this, but its been 4 months since s2 alpha been released (june 25th), i love this game, no complains at all, but im just wondering if there is any realeased date for s2 full... or its near done.. will be nice to know that we wont be blinding waiting for it
#2 - Lible
No, there is and wil not be any release dates(ok, maybe week or two before release), because the devs do not want to release it, when it is not ready. You must agree, that you don`t want unfinished game or finished game with bugs.
#3 - _rod_
i know they dont want to realease the full game with bugs or anything, but would be nice if scawen, or some1 elso just saying its on its final stage, or we are close to finish.. again im just wondering, not that i want them to hurry up and realease it.
#4 - Gunn
First of all the devs took a well-deserved (and probably much-needed) break for a few weeks, so that is a small and neccessary delay.

There will be patches developed to address bugs and further evolve or add features.

A recent patch (P8) takes care of many language and keyboard layout issues (and a few other fixes), many that have been in need of attention for some time. This is an important step for S2, even though it may not seem "high-impact" for many racers. The next patch will address other areas of LFS and so we should see some new changes before too long. There will never be release dates that are set in stone, the process is just too dynamic.
#5 - _rod_
i know they deserved a break after the hard work to realease the s2 alpha, never said anything against that, but nerver mind, i was just wondering, thanks for the reply´s tho
We can live with the alpha at least we have it!!

The last patches shows that the dev team is working hard again, and we can expect the best for the final release.

In the meantime, enjoy this great Alpha, it's many times better than some final releases I've seen of other games.
It would be very nice if they would fix the small bugs noted on this site,but time will learn.
We should not push them.

It will take some time
#8 - Gunn
Quote from _rod_ :i know they deserved a break after the hard work to realease the s2 alpha, never said anything against that, but nerver mind, i was just wondering, thanks for the reply´s tho

Yep, I was just laying it out generally, wasn't having a go at you mate.
#9 - _rod_
i think u guys are missunderstanding me, i wasnt complaining about it, i was just wanted to know if there was any date for the s2 full, as i meantioned b4, its been 4 months, but i wait another year if needed, im such a addicted of this game, ask my team mates, im even at work right now, if my boss catch me im done or i might get him to try lfs

edit: i guess i miss understand u guys too,happens, or maybe the way i wrote it meant that i was complaining, i will review it
#10 - axus
When Alpha was released I think its fair enough to say that it was more developed than many full sims out there - we still have a lot to learn with it. Try new car and track combos - its always good fun. Take part in some LONG races and work on your consistency. You will be needing it when S2 Final is out.
Quote from _rod_ :i think u guys are missunderstanding me, i wasnt complaining about it, i was just wanted to know if there was any date for the s2 full, as i meantioned b4, its been 4 months, but i wait another year if needed, im such a addicted of this game, ask my team mates, im even at work right now, if my boss catch me im done or i might get him to try lfs

edit: i guess i miss understand u guys too,happens, or maybe the way i wrote it meant that i was complaining, i will review it

Nope, there's no date set for the relase, I don't think the Dev team has any idea. They don't set deadlines, they just release it when it's done.
maybe we could have a bar at the top of the screen that slowly inches towards 100%? just to give the crazies something to look at watching for that change from 56% to 57%
#13 - axus
Quote from Gabkicks :maybe we could have a bar at the top of the screen that slowly inches towards 100%? just to give the crazies something to look at watching for that change from 56% to 57%

It may end up going in reverse for a lot of the time with the way development works.
If you work for any company you get pushed for results - if you work for a smaller company, or for yourself you maybe lucky enough to do without these; and this is a good thing.

Without time constraints, whilst it may seem that things are going backwards, in the longer term they are moving forward immeasurable amounts. You can apply this to anything; working at McD's, writing software, you name it.

Whilst I'm sure we all want a date, as Tristan bought up at the meet, its bitten the team in the ass once, and I dont think we're gonna be having anything similar again...I'm sure we'd all love a date for S2, and even S3 full, but I'd also like a date when I'm gonna be winning the lottery - that way I;d know when to play
I would guess that we'll have patches to address physics issues long before S2 final is released. I would hope that the devs would want to get feedback on any changes that they make before they release a final build.
#16 - th84
Quote from _rod_ :I know some people will flame me for this, but its been 4 months since s2 alpha been released (june 25th), i love this game, no complains at all, but im just wondering if there is any realeased date for s2 full... or its near done.. will be nice to know that we wont be blinding waiting for it

I warned u about this rodrigo!!! Flame away people, dont let him off so easy!!!!

When its ready u will know:PPPPP
On a slightly different but not altogether unrelated note, are there any plans to progress to the beta stage soon? I expect the "alpha" tag is quite off-putting to some people, despite the fact that LFS in it's current state is more stable and fully featured/detailed in certain aspects than many final versions of software (which is certainly a big credit to the devs). But what stage does S2 have to be at before it would be considered a beta?
Beta is when all the features are in place and only minor bugs remain.
Quote from seggons :Beta is when all the features are in place and only minor bugs remain.

Does that mean that the initial release of rFacor was an Alpha, and after the 1.040 patch it's a Beta?
:chairfall :hide:
Quote from th84 :I warned u about this rodrigo!!! Flame away people, dont let him off so easy!!!!

When its ready u will know:PPPPP

oh well i had to say this anways.. luckly i got time to actually be here today... easy day at work
Quote from X-Ter :Does that mean that the initial release of rFacor was an Alpha, and after the 1.040 patch it's a Beta?

Sounds reasonable.

The devs do keep quiet about there plans for what needs doing between releases, I'd like them to be a bit more open (e.g. like a brief to-do list to reach the next stage, in this case beta, that would slowly get ticked off...) but it's their show so I'll live with it.

Scawen has said that after the language stuff he will do some more works on the physics, we only a handful of test patches (at most) away from some more interesting stuff.
I didn'T read every single post so i may be repeating here...

They DO have deadlines and they DO have an IDEA of when it COULD
be ready, but from past experience, i believe they'd rather not give out
any dates anymore since they cannot garantee it and they've had lots
of responses when they haven't 'delivered' on time. I don't think they
want to have to deal with this situation anymore. Oh, and please don't
bother Victor, he's not supposed to give out info like that....hehe

My guess is,(contrary to what some believe, i have NO inside info)
the S2 full version should be ready early next year. If we're lucky,
we might get something this Xmas, but probably more like a big patch
or an add-on patch/pack.
Quote from Bob Smith :Sounds reasonable.

The devs do keep quiet about there plans for what needs doing between releases, I'd like them to be a bit more open (e.g. like a brief to-do list to reach the next stage, in this case beta, that would slowly get ticked off...) but it's their show so I'll live with it.

I did see Scawen post up a to-do list somewhere here. Ah, found it. I copied and pasted here:

Quote from Scawen :To-Do List

Build shed - done 2005-08-25

Buy a worktop and sink for kitchen - done 2005-09-02

Wash bike for MOT on Saturday - done 2005-09-06

Crap, main tap handle broke on the plumbing, need to get water shut off to kitchen

Post some pics of the bike up on the forum for my followers - done 2005-09-07

Dig a deep hole to access the main water shutoff - done 2005-09-07

Make a special WD40 application tool with a tube on a stick to spray the main shutoff - done 2005-09-08

Talk to Victor about deleting the photoshop picture of me behind the cow posted by Tristan - in progress

Make a homemade wooden tap turner thingy - done 2005-09-08

Post pics of the finished plumbing - done 2005-10-05

Remove tile from wall behind worktop and sink area - done 2005-10-05

Talk to friend about replastering all kitchen walls - done 2005-10-05

Rip out rest of kitchen cabinets preparing for replaster - done 2005-10-10

Replaster the walls - done 2005-10-12

Install new sink - done 2005-10-20

Install new cabinets and worktop - in progress

that list is at least intersting, but wasnt what we were expecting, but guess it be fine
Quote from X-Ter :Does that mean that the initial release of rFacor was an Alpha, and after the 1.040 patch it's a Beta?

Can't be beta yet then, since weather effects aren't in.

S2 full
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG