The online racing simulator

Poll : What do you want soonest?

Physics Updates
New Track / New Track Variants
New Car / More Car Variants
Graphical Updates (Cars/Tracks)
General Updates (GUI, Gameplay, etc.)
AI Updates
The top 2 in my list are...to update Fern Bay and add an Audio R10 to the car list
Quote from Electrik Kar :A nice reflective windscreen viewable from the cockpit- that gets dirty.

I'm dreaming for that.. Is that really that hard to do? I mean there IS windshield from outside.
Tracks tracks tracks tracks tracks.
Quote from sinbad :Tracks tracks tracks tracks tracks.

lol. It is very interesting to see all this. I really had no idea the overriding theme of physics updates being the No. 1.

It seems others have shared intrests in other updates, but none as common as the physics.
Quote :there IS windshield from outside.

Which looks great, especially with the reflection mod. I think I heard from NXCuse that there's a limitation in DX8, whereby you can't see things like tyre skidmarks through windscreens (you can check this in the FO8). I guess that's the main reason we don't got 'em.

Quote :It seems others have shared intrests in other updates, but none as common as the physics.

The pride of LFS is it's physics. Personally, I think the physics currently outshine every other element in the game, but yes they are important- they provide the greatest attraction for players, and generate the most discussion.
#31 - col
fix the Diff
proper race starts, jump starts etc.
tyre temps
realistic engine & gearbox damage
better aero
better wind/weather that stays on except in hotlap mode !

(and shove a potato up the fxo exhaust)
Quote from joen :In all fairness, he is not asking when LFS will be updated, he's not demanding a progress report from the devs or anything (those threads ARE annoying). He's just asking what us LFS players are _hoping_ for and wants to exchange thoughts about this. I don't really see anything wrong with that.
Besides, the devs choose their own way of doing things anyway, I don't expect them to feel pressured to get started on certain things first because the community expressed their hopes in this thread.
Maybe I'm just getting soft

It's just that these things are discussed in a new thread about once every 2 weeks. Nothing anyone has posted now in 30 replys hasn't already been said, discussed, talked about, flamed, complained, whined, and suggested time and time and time again. So, all you have to do is look at some recent threads in the improvements or the general sections any you will see all you want to see about what the LFS players are hoping for.
Quote from mrodgers :It's just that these things are discussed in a new thread about once every 2 weeks. Nothing anyone has posted now in 30 replys hasn't already been said, discussed, talked about, flamed, complained, whined, and suggested time and time and time again. So, all you have to do is look at some recent threads in the improvements or the general sections any you will see all you want to see about what the LFS players are hoping for.

Right, but I (at least) didn't know what if any consensus of what people are most interested in.

All I (perhaps I've missed) seen is a thread saying "I want a... " or "Wouldnt .... Be Awesome" etc....

I've never seen it quantified. I don't understand why thats bad. If the devs didn't want an open forum, they'd close it. Or they'd close the "Improvement Suggestions" forum.

Again, We all paid for a product with the understanding the small dev team would update the product to what and when they wanted. I'm not asking for anything of the devs, other than what they are already doing.

I admitted that I for one really enjoy getting an idea what the devs are doing, but I never asked for more updates on the forums, or updates for the game for that matter. I stated what I was looking forwards to most, and asked that others hear would share what they are looking forwards to.

If I had said "Lets figure out what we want and tell the Devs we want it NOW!" I would be deserving of ridicule. I don't believe I did that.

Stu

edit: For one, I've never seen the suggestion of LFS modeling AI off of various racers online racing lines, passing techniques, cornering speeds, and mistakes been "said, discussed, talked about, flamed, complained, whined, and suggested time and time and time again." If you can show me that I will apologize, but without open forum ideas will not be voiced. The devs obviously want this community to verbalize their thoughts/concerns/ideas or else this community would not be offically supported.
Hmm... well. I think we all agree that physics are important. However, since they're allready not bad, i'd prefer to have some GUI updates first; this is imo something that LFS fails at. Maybe something like:

- Menu updates;
- Chat system updates;
- Customizable items (positioning)

Also, i'd really like to see an update of the damages. We all know that they were never intended to stay like that; it seems to be barelly a test.
Physics Updates is leading the Poll

Thats the way it ought to be

So, where's the "select all" option in the poll :P
Feature wise, racing in rain etc., but my biggest thing would be physics in the area of collision detection and along with that just more complete damage modelling in general. (I'm guilty of saving myself many times by going straight into a wall to save my suspension and I still want a more complete damage model. )
I'd like to see the locked diff 'exploit' fixed and the collision detection/reaction improved.
We really need 150 X 150 pixel avatars and 170 pixel high .jpg signatures. This is very important.

But seriously, first on my list is a new track, and being that I am a bit biased, something from or based on from the Americas.
To be finished, so this endless speculation is a thing of the past..

I do support your right to post threads like these though.

Oh and carbon fibre wide body body kits with roof scoops and alot of decals and nos and 23" rims with spinners and and and and and ......

Godbless LFS for keeping that shit behinds EA,s doors
more tracks and reasonable collisions.
Soonest isn't a word, but anyway. Fixing collisions would be top of my list. Graphics update would be 2nd.
What i want soonest?

Touge track! Leave the drifters alone, they will have their own servers. Us grip drivers can still make sprinted runs down the touge without having to worry about them.
I couldn't care less. I loved every update so far, and I have no doubt I'll also love the ones yet to come, whatever and whenever that'll be.
LFS Tweak for 0.5V.. Oh wait
Quote from c0nv1ct :Soonest isn't a word

MMMMmmmkay. It is.

Still, least said soonest mended though huh.

I would also like LFSTweak for the latest patch.
...whatever is needed to get LFS on the road to 'final' status
2 things that ruin a lot of the immersion, despite the excellent physics:

1-Sound is a joke!

2-Force-feedback - more configurable - atm, too much strength to turn the wheel - too weak effects! (DFP here)!

these 2 should be on the poll!
actually, it is probably the DFP's fault. the g25 is supposed to be much better.
I think engines and gear box need some improvements.

F.E.: More realistic damage for the engine parts, implemention of oil pressure, best temperature oscilation, turn off when clutch is off and first gear on, etc.

Folders for set ups, best physics on collisions and of course new track/car perhaps?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG