The online racing simulator
Please Help DFP Pedals Problem
Hi all, I have used the search tab to see if I could find a thread with the same problem as what I am experiencing.

My DFP wheel is 3 months old. I have the latest software 4.60.

Whilst driving with my foot full on the accelerator it drops to zero. The car looses speed till I lift my foot off the accelerator and put it back to full again then everything is back to normal. But after this happens the brake pedal is like un-calibrated because when you press the brake 5% more or less it applies 100% brake.

The only way I fix this whilst in a race is too leave the accelerator to 0% and push it back to 100% and to press the brake 100% on the next cnr. that I have to take.

Is there anybody that could help me with this problem.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards
Yea, you won't find that one in a search. I've never heard of anything like that.

Simple solution, your DFP is 3 months old. Call Logitech and have them send you a new set. Yours is under warrantee.
I think this is a Logitech driver issue.

The following info is just what I have gleaned / guessed. I'm not an authority on Logitech's drivers.

The infamous crap momo calibration pedal problem prompted Logi to change the way the calibration is read and stored (momo pedal fix, later incorporated into the drivers). It updates itself as the pedals are being used. Problem is, say for example the brake pedal loses it's calibration, the driver will soon recalibrate, but the input will sometimes immediately go to 100% and stay there until you've pushed the all the way down - not a good thing if you're approaching a hairpin bend at 130mph - you lightly touch the brake and you get fully locked wheels. Hello wall usually.

Some sims don't seem to suffer this problem as much as others. I mostly had it happen in NR2003 (I think the pedal data is read differently).

To solve it I bought Leo Bodnar's USB board (cheap!) and wired the pedals to go straight to the PC, independent of the Logi drivers. No problemo from then on.

Hope this helps.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG