The online racing simulator

Poll : Are you addicted

Yes
No
Maybe(I dont really know)
Isn't addiction the compulsive NEED to do something?.

I ENJOY playing LFS, but I don't compulsively NEED to play it.
If you're a true LFS addict, your studies are irrelevant.
You simply lose everything that is called life.
sam, your avatar confused me........

frenchy
I can't lie, since i found LFS i stopped to play anything else, so that meens I'm addicted to LFS for last 2 years Razz
I bought momo becouse of LFS Nod
I like totally was until I got an Xbox360, Gears of War and Rainbow Six Vegas arghhh I dont have enough free time for LFS, 360, AND a life... LFS is taking the damage at the mo! Frown

I need to become unemployed for 6 months I think Big grin Big grin Big grin
Quote from (SaM) :If you're a true LFS addict, your studies are irrelevant.
You simply lose everything that is called life.

that is too trueThumbs up i like your thinkinNod Smile
#32 - Woz
I have been a gamer since the first computer games, I typed in game listings back in the days of the ZX81 etc. I have been a hardcore FPS gamer since Doom but...... All that stopped when I got LFS.

I bought a wheel the week I found LFS and since then have bought a number of racing sims. But apart from the off RBR session the rest are used to raise my gaming lappy off the desk to help with cooling.
I'd be addicted if I wasn't such an awful driver. Maybe a G25 would help. My DFP is getting long in the tooth.

I think I may be more addicted to gadgets than LFS itself. Uh-hu

BTW, my new t60p runs LFS incredibly well. Wink
Quote from nathanm :I'd be addicted if I wasn't such an awful driver. Maybe a G25 would help. My DFP is getting long in the tooth.

I think I may be more addicted to gadgets than LFS itself. Uh-hu

BTW, my new t60p runs LFS incredibly well. Wink

wat do you mean 'long in the tooth' is it a bad wheel? i am gettin it soon
#35 - JTbo
Quote from niall09 :wat do you mean 'long in the tooth' is it a bad wheel? i am gettin it soon

It is bad compared to G25, but then again for price of DFP there is not really anything else that would be better.
What surprises me is how many people state that they found LFS and had to buy a wheel. I've had a wheel for the PC since my first in 1996. Hard to believe that there are that many people that LFS has introduced into the sim racing world.
#37 - th84
Quote from mrodgers :What surprises me is how many people state that they found LFS and had to buy a wheel. .

That would include me. Smile
#38 - col
Quote from mrodgers :What surprises me is how many people state that they found LFS and had to buy a wheel. I've had a wheel for the PC since my first in 1996. Hard to believe that there are that many people that LFS has introduced into the sim racing world.

Thats probably why LFS gets the cold shoulder from the other sim racing communities - for introducing the unwashed masses and their FPS attitude to the refined and delicate world of sim racing Wink
Quote from niall09 :wat do you mean 'long in the tooth' is it a bad wheel? i am gettin it soon

It's not bad, but I've had it for almost 2 years, so it's old to me, and new gadgets get me into things... The G25 is appears a lot better, even just as a wheel, and I'd love to have a clutch pedal, although my understanding is that LFS' clutch isn't all that great. (IRL I drive a stick)

FWIW, I didn't buy the wheel for LFS, I bought it with/for GT4. LFS made me make it work with my PC. Thumbs up
Yea, addicted I am.
#41 - Woz
Quote from mrodgers :What surprises me is how many people state that they found LFS and had to buy a wheel. I've had a wheel for the PC since my first in 1996. Hard to believe that there are that many people that LFS has introduced into the sim racing world.

I got a MS Sidewinder FF when they first came out but not much was out for it at the time so got into FPS more. When I found LFS I didnt have anything with a gameport in it so purchased a new wheel.

I realised within a few days I had found something worth getting a new wheel for. The Act-Labs Pro pedals and Shifter came a few weeks later Smile
Two years playing and enjoying every day. Yeah addicted to this great game Big grin
I knew LFS, but stopped playing because it was horrible without a decent wheel. When I fixed my great Thrustmaster Ferrari wheel, I got back into it, but my world opened when I received my DFP! I just had to have it when I found out about it.
If I go to bed every night thinking about how I can improve my lap times and can't get to sleep because of it does that mean I'm addicted? :revs:
Have been hooked on race sims ever since Formula One Simulator (see avatar) on The Commodore plus 4...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG