The online racing simulator
Quote from tristancliffe :

Some say his hair is a coiled coiled made from tungsten, and that his teeth glow in water... all we know is... he's called the LFS Stig.

Then someone bitches at Tristan's grammar :P :hide:
Quote :2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

this applies to any forum i know! loooool
I'm positive when the discussion turns to an LFS bulb / rF bulb arguement Tristan will show up to spout that the rF bulb does not actually emit light, but is in fact a canned effect to make it look like it emits light and how all physics of the LFS lightbulb comes directly from the switch position thus when the switch is turned on, the bulb does infact immediately produce light.
The lightbulb in my car was broken they said at the check up... There wasn't a lightbulb at all. So I bought one and put it in the boot, it worked. I got home, proudly opened the boot, and was baffled to see the light wasn't working... I opened and closed the boot several times, no use. My dad said it was an electric shortcut, so I gave up. That evening I had to go out again, I had a weird feeling so I opened my boot... The light went on... W00t.

(happend yesterday.)

And btw, you don't screw all light bulbs, I've got one that you just push in!
Push in type bulbs are more common over here than the screw in type.
#31 - JTbo
Surely those push in bulbs are using some fake physics that are way too easy and unrealistic
Status Report: I changed the lightbulbs in my room because I burned them out.
Quote from mrodgers :I'm positive when the discussion turns to an LFS bulb / rF bulb arguement Tristan will show up to spout that the rF bulb does not actually emit light, but is in fact a canned effect to make it look like it emits light and how all physics of the LFS lightbulb comes directly from the switch position thus when the switch is turned on, the bulb does infact immediately produce light.

rofl, nice comeback
"Push type" bulbs, Bob? Bah! Everyone knows they're actually called bayonet fittings.

And another 20 to discuss why it takes so many people to change a light bulb?
omg, the same day this thread appeared a lightbulb went out in my bathroom.
Probably cause you don't use it often enough
I'll start a poll: "lol what's your favourite kind of light bulb lol omg lol"
#39 - Vain
Quote from Hankstar :"Push type" bulbs, Bob? Bah! Everyone knows they're actually called bayonet fittings.

I don't mind what they are called, I don't use driver aids - eh, screwing aids? Sounds...wrong.

Vain
Quote from Vain :I don't use driver aids

At which point someone posts to request that the developers provide server scripts to determine whether someone is sitting in a room lit by a fluorescent tube or a genuine, heated filament light bulb. The quality of light is warmer from a bulb, but the low wattage of a fluorescent tube gives a significant economic advantage, and the poster would like to race against people in similarly lit rooms.
This thread should be a sticky
Seriously, you forgot about the person who directs you to the sticky-thread. Or am I just blind
Maybe we should have a server side setting so that only bulbs of a certain wattage are allowed to race?
And have several licenses for all sorts of bulbs .
1 guy to post his question about 'when is the new lightbulb coming out?'
Quote from tristancliffe :Maybe we should have a server side setting so that only bulbs of a certain wattage are allowed to race?

better only those will be allowed to post ... but how will we find out the wattage of each bulb ?
It should be written on the side of the oval part of the bulb. My lamp works quite inverse to this forum though, it starts flaming when a bulb of a too high wattage is present.
#47 - JTbo
Quote from Bob Smith :It should be written on the side of the oval part of the bulb. My lamp works quite inverse to this forum though, it starts flaming when a bulb of a too high wattage is present.

Your bulb is quite cool, it absorbs light from those too high wattage bulbs keeping light smooth and even all round
Real drivers use candles anyways.
LMAO best one yet!
Sounds quite hot actually...

Let's not forget the companies that repack burnt-out bulbs and sell them as new!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG