The online racing simulator

Poll : Do You think there should be a mountain drift course?

Closed since :
Yes
No
Threads like this are to be digested with chips, soda and humour. It's the same "side A versus side B with side C being bystander" every time. Maybe it's time to invent something new to argue about with valid arguments that are based on Actual Facts instead of personal opinions. :munching_

Every time I see someone mention that drifting takes no skill, I have to wonder if makers of that argument have ever tried it in LFS with the car's real steering lock and proper controllers, drifting until tires get a puncture from heat. If you spin even once, I'd say it does take some talent.
Gabkicks, when some teenage rappers go to Muse forums, say that they have downloaded their album and liked it, and start demanding more rap-like songs so they could record their own rap onto it. You may want to defend them.

But when different teenage rappers tell the exact same story at least once a week, it surely may affect your opinion about rap music.

EDIT: I just drew the stereotype-troll-card after seeing "FnF" and "Initial D" mentioned, but the main point was (like yours): "use the search". You don't have to defend anything, because I'm not attacking
Quote from sam93 :if drifting is pointless why is it a motorsport?

A rhetorical question?

Quote :it like way the drift king

And that pretentious name is one reason to ignore anything he says. I've seen that "drift bible" movie.. my bro and I hadn't laughed so hard since watching Jimmy Jones or Lee Evans on stage

Quote :Drifting in away is just racing

And there you've just proven you have no idea either thus just nulled your argument... it has _nothing_ to do with racing, but _everything_ about posing / showing off.

Regards,

Ian
#29 - JTbo
I don't understand this vs that concept, it can always be and, life has so much to offer when you keep eyes open

Ok, I don't like rice at all, but if it is not anything away from me, then I don't have nothing against of it, for example if I don't need to by some neon lights to race then it is nothing away from me even someone would have neon lights.
An Initial D style road would be in some cases quite useless for most of the cars (Emperor track for example - one lane only). I'm all for an uphill/downhill road but it has to be wide enough for the GTRs and Formulas to drive on and pass with some gap, otherwise it could be just used for single car sprints. Then there's the problem of completing a lap. Bathurst would be best IMO

An Initial D type track would be used from point A to point B. Wouldn't it be stupid to restart after every run when you can do 15 laps now?

(ex-drifter here)
Quote from Moonclaw :Every time I see someone mention that drifting takes no skill, I have to wonder if makers of that argument have ever tried it in LFS with the car's real steering lock and proper controllers, drifting until tires get a puncture from heat. If you spin even once, I'd say it does take some talent.

I disagree with this. This is all dependent on how the game's coded (ie: physics work). I could hang the arse end of my old Cossie out around a roundabout numerous times without losing it.. not sure I could do that in LFS (or any other game) due to certain limitations.. tyres try to emulate real tyres, looking at a screen rather than having a real idea of the position of your car in comparison to the real world.. feeling in your arse of what the car's doing etc... the same as people can drive a simulated F1 car around Silverstone as fast as Mansell.. but I wouldn't personally recommend them to Frank Williams as a prospective employee

Regards,

Ian
well there could be a straight road goign straight back upto the top again and that straight good be used for drag when going down hill. then you dont have to keep reseting when you get down the bottom of the hill
oh dear god how much did i miss ians diatribes against drifting
actually now that i think about it ... please put something totally drift specific into lfs just to make him stop
Quote from sam93 :well there could be a straight road goign straight back upto the top again and that straight good be used for drag when going down hill. then you dont have to keep reseting when you get down the bottom of the hill

Brilliant! :banana:
Quote from Shotglass :oh dear god how much did i miss ians diatribes against drifting

Almost as bad as the requests for "touges" and "tyres that produce red smoke" eh Goes to show nothing changes and that it's the same crap being asked for over and over again.

At least I'm consistent

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :Almost as bad as the requests for "touges" and "tyres that produce red smoke" eh Goes to show nothing changes and that it's the same crap being asked for over and over again.

At least I'm consistent

as consistent as an old record
Don't pick it up, pick it up, pick i-
Don't pick it up, pick it up, pick i-
Don't pi

seriously dont you have anything better to do than hijack every thread about drifting to turn it into a discussion about how drifting sucks ?
Quote from Shotglass :seriously dont you have anything better to do than hijack every thread about drifting

Don't "drifters" have anything better to do that repeatedly request the same thing over and over and over?

Quote :to turn it into a discussion about how drifting sucks ?

At least we agree then

Regards,

Ian
ian if you think drifting needs no skill go on to lfs get into a lx6 and try drifting with that as that needs some skill to keep under control when in a slide and to get out of the slide
Quote from Ian.H :Don't "drifters" have anything better to do that repeatedly request the same thing over and over and over?

ever heard of the concepts of not giving a damn, ignoring something and simply letting it slide ?

Quote :At least we agree then

grats youve successfully taken your posts to the realm of simple flat out trolling
Quote from Primoz :I'm all for an uphill/downhill road but it has to be wide enough for the GTRs and Formulas to drive on and pass with some gap, otherwise it could be just used for single car sprints. Then there's the problem of completing a lap. Bathurst would be best IMO

Bathurst can be a bit processional most of the lap, but The Chase and Murray's are top overtaking oppertunities, and the first corner of the uphill section. The downhill section is very, very, hard to do without crashing, especially if you have the grand total of no skill (like me).
Quote from sam93 :ian if you think drifting needs no skill go on to lfs get into a lx6 and try drifting with that as that needs some skill to keep under control when in a slide and to get out of the slide

Can you? LX6 is damn hard, when i tried to drift it almost a year ago (quit in May), i would be widening and closing the angle like mad. It's has a very short wheelbase, is light and powerfull which makes it a bitch. But some people don't stop there and tame the beast. XRT is definetly THE BEST to drift.

Isn't the first uphill corner (the right hander) a real bitch, hanging outwards with a big bump in the braking area (so you have to take it shallow)?
#43 - Jakg
Quote from Primoz :Can you? LX6 is damn hard

cant drift it with my G25, but back when i had my Momo i could do stuff like this and this without much effort
#44 - Osco
Quote from Moonclaw :-4 for drifts
+4 for hillclimb reversed

reversed hillclimbing,

that's called descending..
Quote from Shotglass :ever heard of the concepts of not giving a damn, ignoring something and simply letting it slide ?

Sure.. haven't "drifters"?

You see, for every "argument" you put forward about it, there's an easy counter-argument.

Quote :grats youve successfully taken your posts to the realm of simple flat out trolling

lol hey you said it, not me

Regards,

Ian
Quote from sam93 :ian if you think drifting needs no skill go on to lfs get into a lx6 and try drifting with that as that needs some skill to keep under control when in a slide and to get out of the slide

Sliding around in a computer game means diddly squat. Considering I had no problems in a road-going 520bhp Cossie.... did you have a point to make?

Now the question is, can _you_ do it in a real car, on real tarmac? I get the impression you're not even old enough to drive which pretty much makes any "can you" argument from yourself moot.

Regards,

Ian
No point in trying to convince people like Ian.H, so use your power elsewhere! xD

But to quote a very wise man:

Quote from Smurfen :we seriously need a hillclimb thingy

We really do! Lookey here, peeps!
Ian, at first I was happy you were back but all I've seen from you is a bunch of negative garbage that really makes you look like a donkey . From what I can tell, you're very proud to have an opinion. That's great, but it would be nice if you could remember that you're not the centre of the universe.

Some people like drifting - deal with it

Some people support LFS and want users to not crack and buy a license - deal with it.

Just because you have a perspective, it doesn't mean it's correct - or that there even IS a "correct".

You used to seem more like a contributor, but maybe that was rose colored glasses

Probably more than enough said so I'll quit now.
(just my opinon, I'm sure you'll tell me why it's wrong)
#49 - joen
Quote from sam93 :if your not real drift lovers dont post this is for drift lovers

So basically you only want answers from drifters on your suggestion for a drift track. K.
Ah well, no loss.. I really don't care if people like me or not, least of all across the net.

Sure I contributed in the past, had planned to again.. but tbh, think I'm just wasting my time here as this place has gone downhill like a pair of lead knickers... there used to be decent topics, a chance to have conversation, including disputes, but now it's all about what colour or flavour toothpaste we all use or something equally as pointless or the same shit drudged up over and over again.

I do have opinions, and proud to have, as you say.. I also couldn't give a flying [insert expletive of your choice here] who I upset in the process of expressing them. If I have something to say, I'll say it.. if you or anyone else can't handle what I say.. that's your hangup, not mine.. this applies online or offline.

I don't think I am or expect to be the centre of the universe as you put it.. I just say what I think and I think a lot.

I'll move along once again and let you kids continue with your sandpit

Regards,

Ian

Mountian Drift Course
(482 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG