The online racing simulator
maybach exelero (bat mobile)
(32 posts, started )
Came across this video earlier, thought i would share. Says its an 8 million dollar car but thats just the development costs so not really.

But does anyone else see a kind of bat mobile about it.

Linky to bat mobile maybach
Another video

Looking up on google seemed to come out in 2005 but i never heard a thing about it.
#2 - JTbo
You must have been in koma

I don't know if I remember right, but it was built becayse they wanted to get world fastest luxury car or that is at least what my memory tells me.

It is very ugly car, but is really fast and looks bit different than your typical supercar, car reminds me from Uncle Scrooge, he had those ridiculously long cars when I did read Donald Duck, something same in those lines too. Proportions of car are nice and some lines, but it is too much smoothed or something.
#3 - ajp71
It is really really ugly and even though you expect it to be enormous it will still blow you away with its pointless expanse of metal in the flesh. It makes the Bugatti Veryon look like a worth while project
#4 - JTbo
Quote from ajp71 :It is really really ugly and even though you expect it to be enormous it will still blow you away with its pointless expanse of metal in the flesh. It makes the Bugatti Veryon look like a worth while project

I think that Maybach did weight quite a lot, not good for track day use either, bit like some other supercars, glamour looks and lot of power, but Miata runs circles around it. Ship on wheels I would say.
#5 - (SaM)
Quote :..but Miata runs circles around it..

A Miata dances around it in a tutu..
Hmm okay, it's a good car, I'll give you that.

I really don't know what to think of the Exelero, I do like the looks of it, it has the same touch as the new RR Phantom, but the price tag is a bit out of this world.
Though, even if it was $500.000 I still couldn't afford it.
Quote from ajp71 :It makes the Bugatti Veryon look like a worth while project

now, I read about this - Bugatti didnt want to make Veyron, it was actually when they have shown the concept (Bugatti 16/4) the VW (which ownes Bugatti) Chief Ferdinand Pieh comented that it would have 1000 horses, and it would go up to 400 kph... he did this witout consulting anyone - this was strictly his dreams, when the engineers heard about this they were shocked, but got to work...
so you see - nobody from Bugatti even knew that they had to buid one of theese

and I must admit - when I first saw it in Top Gear's race Veyron vs Plane - I fell in love
and recent footage of Veyron hiting 407 kph makes it worth while for one simple reason - they have created world's most technicaly advanced car, an engineering wonder...
Thought this looked familiar! from the 2006 London Motorshow

Disgusting looking car, makes me vomit all over the place, seriously!
Why is everyone suddenly talking about this car? It's been around for a while and it's never going to be mass produced, it's simply a publicity exercise for Mayback and Fulda, a tyre company who wanted a high speed test bed.
I'd like to know how the car was "literally built for the track"
Ugly. Really, really ugly....

If they were going to spend 8 million dollars, you'd think they might spend a little of it on design, rather than fleecing a few hard-up design students of spare ideas.
Very ugly, but someone got a link with the spec? I see a v12 logo on one of the videos, i'm curious about the spec of this ugly monster!
V12 bi-turbo from Maybach 57 S ,700 hp (SAE) (522 kW), 1020 N·m (737 ft·lbf)

#14 - JTbo
Quote from ACCAkut :V12 bi-turbo from Maybach 57 S ,700 hp (SAE) (522 kW), 1020 N·m (737 ft·lbf)

Weight is then something not so impressive, that thing is bloody tank
From the 2nd video i get the impression that this is an understeering whale that need to be turned with pedals rater that steering wheel, dunno maybe it's just a wrong impression.
8 million dollars are way to much for a 2660kg (!!) 5,589 (!!) meters whale!
You guys just have no class and no clue.

It cost 8 million to design and build purely because it was a ONE OFF test machine commissioned by some tyre company. Im sure 8 million in car design is pretty reasonable!

Oh and on another note, that thing is just beautiful!

You need to see its true beauty and not its physical existence!! The beauty of it is if you're driving that you're very rich, and you know how to hide it tastefully.
:eek:

me thinks it looks awesome.. doen't look like it can go fast, but thats some of the awesomeness..

8 million.. hmm.. u prefer credit or cash?
this car is ugly... i would rather spend 8 million dollars on a lot of ferrari f430s but dang that car is reallly ugly.. the interior looks like its for an american lol...
Quote from Rooble :Oh and on another note, that thing is just beautiful!

At last, I thought I was the only one to think it looks great.

And don't come and say I have no taste, because there are people who like hotrods, that is an ugly car, not this.

Of course, if I have to choose I prefer a sport exotic rather than the Exelero, but be honest, if you take a look at your mirror and see this thing behind you, you'll have to change your underwear.
#20 - JJ72
maybe some details are a bit tacky but the overall proportion is rather good for it's size imo.(of course that means you have to run 22inch wheels and i never liked big wheels)

the car has been test driven by Krus Ludwig and he reported it to be good, accounting it's weight of course, it still feels like a 2 tonner. And still very pointless.
That is probably the worst looking car EVER !
#22 - JTbo
Quote from shaGuar :That is probably the worst looking car EVER !

You certainly have not seen then really ugly cars, that is sure ugly, but have you ever seen Fiat Multipla that is truly just plain ugly and nothing more? Of course there is now Loremo too.
So it is not too bad compared, however when that comes to mirror all happens is me cursing, yet another whale, like I do most of time as almost all cars try to resemble whales today, high sideline and everything is rounded and smoothed so that all cars do look ugly and you can't even tell who made it without reading.
Is she Loremo? I thought you were talking about a car, she doesn't look that bad!
Quote from Rooble :You guys just have no class and no clue.

It cost 8 million to design and build purely because it was a ONE OFF test machine commissioned by some tyre company. Im sure 8 million in car design is pretty reasonable!

Oh and on another note, that thing is just beautiful!

You need to see its true beauty and not its physical existence!! The beauty of it is if you're driving that you're very rich, and you know how to hide it tastefully.

The Beauty of the car to show everyone Im Rich and able to hide it? in a 6 meter 2 door coupe?
About 8 mil...Beauty is something you cant equivalent in money - BMW Z8 is beautiful, Mercedes Benz 300 SLR Gullwing is beautiful - THIS (aswell as all the Maybachs (under Mercedes Rule)) are just awful...
I believe Designing (it had to be RE-designed leaving the main looks and to please the aerodynamic experts) a Bugatti Veyron was a bit more expensive and those guys did an impressive job - if you dont fall in love with the car - you dont tend to go and "speak" to the toilet...
Sorry - but in my opinion - they could have done a great job on the design but failed - Cadillac sixteen is same in proportions but is a real ONE OFF, and actually looks monumental, and beautiful....this just doesnt..in fact - in my opinion you should put the guy responsible for the design foot in a bucke full of cement....and...well you get the idea
#25 - JTbo
Quote from sgt.flippy :Is she Loremo? I thought you were talking about a car, she doesn't look that bad!

Lol, car is Loremo, coming 2009 and will cost really little amount of money and does not use much fuel, 1.5l/100km, very impressive number and performance for such power, but really ugly.

She does not look so bad indeed, however I have no phone number or name

(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG