The online racing simulator
engine car sounds upload to lfs world
not sure if any ones posted this yet.

but i think it would be good if you could upload your edit_eng sound to lfs world so peoples cars sound different.

would be cool i think
#2 - Gunn
Maybe, but the engine sound editor is unsupported by the devs. So don't expect anything like this to get attention at this time. Perhaps when Scawen has finished developing the feature and it is ready to be used by racers we might see some sort of sharing feature.
Post #17, first page. He's the guy whose name is in big red letters
He Did post somewhere that the Edit_Eng was never to be found, rather a devolpment tool for future sound enhancment, and is prior to change. Aswell as stating that the whole Dev team would not give support, and ignore all questions about it.

So, -1 from me, in favor of the Devs,
Quote from Hankstar :Post #17, first page. He's the guy whose name is in big red letters

/me used the search, should have relied on the good old analog eye-thingies :P
if ya cant find it here is the quote

Quote from Scawen :No, it wasn't meant to be found. We decided not to document the editor before the sound system was finished. If we provide a documented feature then it becomes my duty to try to protect your data (allowing old versions to still be loaded as the system is updated) and so on. But as the sound system changes, old files often become invalid, because their data was designed for an older system.

So, if you use the sound editor system, please regard it as an undocumented feature that is not supported by us - and be prepared for the fact that your sound files will probably become invalidated at some point by a patch or test patch which contains sound improvements. And assume that I won't answer any questions on this either - it's an editor for a system that is still work in progress.

Anyway... for those want to try editing and don't mind their work being deleted, I hope you have fun using the editor!

#9 - -M-
If cars are exactly the same... Why should they sound different?
Quote from -M- :If cars are exactly the same... Why should they sound different?

Good point

And what about bandwide? How big are these engin files?
bandwidth?
they are a few kb
(i love the blues brothers btw )

but yea.. they shouldn't sound different as said
+1 when it's done - but only when not being inthe car, as the files do require some amount of download time because of the size (roughly 4.5MB for 15 different files).
Quote from -M- :If cars are exactly the same... Why should they sound different?

because the cars of LFS present themselves an such a way that they are an "anycar", the XF GTi could be almost any hot hatch you can imagine it to be. As such it has a ery vague set of engine specs, a small displacement inline 4 is very common, so who's to say whether it's a Megane's inline for or a Civic's?

Beyond that, while some cars may run the same engine, thier intake and exhaust systems may be different, which results in different sounds. built to the same set of regulations doesnt neccisarily mean identical cars. Take BTCC for example. Every one of those cars is required to fall under the same restrictions.
#14 - joen

It would be weird having different sounds for a field of the same cars. Sure, in a real race cars of the same type may sound a bit different. But I fear when this would be made possible we would have totally different sounds, like an XFG with a loud V8 sound for instance. Which would be unrealistic.
#15 - -M-
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :because the cars of LFS present themselves an such a way that they are an "anycar", the XF GTi could be almost any hot hatch you can imagine it to be. As such it has a ery vague set of engine specs, a small displacement inline 4 is very common, so who's to say whether it's a Megane's inline for or a Civic's?

Beyond that, while some cars may run the same engine, thier intake and exhaust systems may be different, which results in different sounds. built to the same set of regulations doesnt neccisarily mean identical cars. Take BTCC for example. Every one of those cars is required to fall under the same restrictions.

But all XF GTi have exactly the same weight, dimensions, aerodynamical coefficient, weight distribution... I would like more to have 3 or 4 simillar cars than one car for all sounding different.
At the moment we all have the same exhaust so them should not sound too different. Maybe tyre sounds can be different when there where differences between tyres, or gear whine sound changing with the ratio specs. I think these changes would be more "set changes" than "sound changes". Some sound changes we can do are so different that mixing them in a circuit is totally unrealistic in my opinion
Sorry I really don't want to hear different car sounds and seeing as it is possible to get some really unrealistic and constantly clipping sounds I wouldn't like to hear the result.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG