The online racing simulator
#1 - Guby
Sorry about being n00bish but....
I need help, i know about that set-up field thing and i downloaded a setup, how do i use it, and where should i save the setup? because when i save it, and load the game, it's not there.

EDIT: where do u save:

-helmets

-ALL INTERIOR ITEMS (includes steering wheel and Suits)
When you download the set-up save it to: LFS_S2_ALPHA_U>Data>Settings
When in game, select the car that you downloaded the set-up for and on the top right (after selecting car) it will have the saved settings, these include; RACE_S and DEFAULT. Your downloaded setting will be on that list, and since its from Team Inferno then it will have the track code (BL1) followed by the WR holders name. Click on the setting and click ok (bottom left of screen) and away you go.
Save it in your LFS installation's \data\settings folder. Don't change the file name when you save it, make sure you're using the correct car for the setup and it should appear in the list in the garage.
I noticed that some of the sets have _ char in car names instead of space. So to make them visible I had to replace _ chars with space. (Like FXO_GTR -> FXO GTR)
Quote from Aquilifer :I noticed that some of the sets have _ char in car names instead of space. So to make them visible I had to replace _ chars with space. (Like FXO_GTR -> FXO GTR)

Same here for the last few sets ive downloaded from inferno,
#6 - Guby
OMG thanks guys i thought u had to have s2 to upload set-ups
Quote from Guby :OMG thanks guys i thought u had to have s2 to upload set-ups

Depends on which car!
#8 - Guby
well ya, but whatever, Also BTW where do u save:
-helmets
-ALL INTERIOR ITEMS (steering wheel,seats,cockpits, and Suits)
-tires
-exhaust
-lights
Helmets are skins, put them in data\skins

Tires, interiors, steering wheels, lights, exhausts, live in the data\dds folder if they are .dds files

Hope that helps. Too late for a better explanation.

Cheers.
#10 - Guby
Quote from unseen :Helmets are skins, put them in data\skins

Tires, interiors, steering wheels, lights, exhausts, live in the data\dds folder if they are .dds files

Hope that helps. Too late for a better explanation.

Cheers.

What if their not .dds files?
These files HAVE to be in dds format. If you have them in another format you should convert them to dds files and then put them in the dds folder or else they are just ignored by LFS.

Keep in mind though that dds files unlike skins or setups are not choosable. If you want to put a dds file in the dds folder you 'll have to overwrite the old one so keep a bakup copy of your dds folder before you change anything into it.
#12 - Guby
Quote from KMSpeed :These files HAVE to be in dds format. If you have them in another format you should convert them to dds files and then put them in the dds folder or else they are just ignored by LFS.

Keep in mind though that dds files unlike skins or setups are not choosable. If you want to put a dds file in the dds folder you 'll have to overwrite the old one so keep a bakup copy of your dds folder before you change anything into it.

ok that's good, but where and how should i convert them? (sorry im not a computer guy....yet)
#13 - joen
Quote from Guby :ok that's good, but where and how should i convert them? (sorry im not a computer guy....yet)

With any image editor program that is able to convert to dds files. Photoshop, PSP or the GIMP (free) for instance, though you need a DDS plugin which you can find on the nVidia website. There's probably other programs around which are able to do this. Google came up with this for instance: http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/file/DDS_Converter;29412 (don't know if it's any good, haven't tried it).
If you just have one file or something, post it and I'll make a dds out of it for you if you want (if it's already made into a correct texture).
#14 - Guby
kk thanks i'll pm u when i need something converted
#15 - Guby
Sorry for the Double post but, where do u save suits?
data\pic

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG