The online racing simulator
Track Render
(15 posts, started )
Track Render
hello,i saw Scawen said once that he will give us Blackwood cmx file,whats happening with that? any one know how to import track in 3ds max?
IIRC their is no track import function. The only reason cars can be rendered is because they are an importable file (.cmx + plugin) in the skin viewer.

Also IIRC their is a untextured BL1 floating around, but god knows where it is. (I personaly have only heard about it, not seen it)
i have a few tracks, i will not release them; they are S1 tracks anyway

yes he did say he would release a cmx of blackwood, but after he said so... nomore was heard from him about it; so .. dont expect it lol (that was i believe before S2 was released) maybe S2 demo he said that.. was a while back
#4 - joen
Quote from RoCkBiGdAvE :IIRC their is no track import function. The only reason cars can be rendered is because they are an importable file (.cmx + plugin) in the skin viewer.

Also IIRC their is a untextured BL1 floating around, but god knows where it is. (I personaly have only heard about it, not seen it)

It's around somewhere on the master skinnerz forum. At least it was, don't know if it's still available.
www.master-skinnerz.com
#5 - Davo
Quote from XCNuse :i have a few tracks, i will not release them; they are S1 tracks anyway

Why won't you release them if you have them?
#6 - Ian.H
I guess the same reason I never have (and won't) release a certain open-topped V8 car as a brazil scene that I acquired.. I gave my word to the person I got it from that I'd never share it

However, this AFAIK I can <http://tk.digiserv.net/tmp/blackwood.7z>

It's the S1 mesh and untextured / unmapped, and yeah, to texture it will take a fair bit of work as the mesh is a single object and already bent into shape and no material ID segregation AFAIR.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :I guess the same reason I never have (and won't) release a certain open-topped V8 car as a brazil scene that I acquired.. I gave my word to the person I got it from that I'd never share it

The scene or the screeny?
#8 - Davo
Quote from Ian.H :I guess the same reason I never have (and won't) release a certain open-topped V8 car as a brazil scene that I acquired.. I gave my word to the person I got it from that I'd never share it

LX8? Nah that's cool if the person wants it kept private that's fine, but it sounded like Nuse just didn't want to share it and just tease by saying yeah I have it but won't give it to ya.
#9 - Ian.H
This do Bob?

Scene / model / mesh / whatever won't leave here though and it wasn't complete when I got it, some mapping had to be done as various parts were bare and nah, TeazR has nothing to do with it before everyone hassles him, I rendered his LX6 skin a loooong time ago which just happened to fit without adjustment, but the back arches were slightly different having a black edge.

Regards,

Ian
#10 - Davo
Nice, dual exhausts really suit it! DId you make the rear arches wider? Great render too some nice relfections, but that glass refraction is a bit much
Quote from Davo :LX8? Nah that's cool if the person wants it kept private that's fine, but it sounded like Nuse just didn't want to share it and just tease by saying yeah I have it but won't give it to ya.

im not going to give any of it away; i have all the S1 tracks but im not going to ever hand them out... BL i can understand why ian will give that out because it is free and was originally ment to be put in a game

and like ian already said; nothings mapped or anything
meaning.. you have months of work infront of you
And, that would mean that there are no materials. So, you have to go poly-by-poly assigning textures? What's the point, its easier just to fire up 3dsmax and use nurbs, and make your own track scene.
Davo.. everything you see actual mesh-wise is how I got it, I've not modified it. IIRC, things like the front indicators, head lights, some parts on the interior maybe were unmapped.. was actually one of my first attempts at texture mapping anything.. not that any of it was particularly hard.. although I wasn't able to get the exhausts mapped, hence the plain "chrome" appearance (have learnt a lot since then however)

The render uses an HDRI map IIRC and window material is set at IOR 1.0, I think it's more a case of a slightly wrong angle for that HDRI map, but again, was done a loooong time ago (my scene file has a timestamp of August 2005.. much new knowledge gained since )

W4H.. Yup, poly by poly.. although with the likes of Texture Layers 2 you can map to a spline and map around bends / corners

If I was going to do anything with, I'd probably freeze the mesh below 0 height in 3DS and then start constructing a new mesh over the top and texture it as I went. Dunno about nurbs, a plain plane that I then duplicate many times works for me, for track construction

Can't remember where I got the old BL1 mesh from now, but IIRC, it was from the old LFS forum at that sewage dump known as RSC and I think a version was also put into Racer at some point? (not played that game.. it's crap )

Regards,

Ian
there was someone that put either that one, or made up one and put it in Netkar Namie if thats what you're refferring to
ahh could well be (not tried that either.. actually, I've played very few games since my Amiga days drew to a close with LFS, rFactor, GeneRally and Pro Evo Soccer being about the only ones that got played more than twice.. games don't generally "float my boat".. I'd sooner stare at 5,000 lines of code, much more fun :nerd: ).

All I do remember is I grabbed the BL1 mesh legitimately hence I didn't have a problem sharing that one but I doubt I'd ever go through the hassles of mapping it, as you said, would be much easier to start from scratch (as I had done with Westhill from an overhead screenshot but never got very far before my HDD crash wiped out the small start I had made).

Regards,

Ian

Track Render
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG