The online racing simulator
Driver skins program
(33 posts, started )
yeah, the racing-suits.

But where are the skin-files, this tool is using?
there aren't any; they are hard coded into LFS
#28 - joen
You can however edit the actual racingsuits LFS uses. Those are in X:/live for speed/data/pic.
Changes you make to it will be visible to you only though
Hi Ray..

Quote from RAYfighter :I have no clue how did you do it, but it's perfect for Streetracing or just cruising in Raceabout. The only thing which is missing now is to be able to edit passenger as well. Ya know what I mean, me in a T-shirt, hair in the wind, and on my passenger seat some booby alien with a helmet like a melon... instead of a booby blonde/brunette!
Could it be done? Seriously.

Actually it's not really that clever.. I just happened to notice one day (somehow) that whenever I changed the driver suit ingame that 1 byte changed in the PLR file, so started manually changing it with a hex editor and reloading LFS to see the result. Ultimately I found the start and end suits that were possible and decided to write a small tool to do the job, but effectively it just reads the PLR file and replaces the relatively numbered driver with it's HEX value equivilent and resaves the file

Same thing went for the credits, but as I wasn't sure what might come of these in the future, decided that I'd only allow them to be reset to less or the same as what you originally had, but if done manually I think I managed to give myself just over 1.6billion credits I think, but when you closed LFS again, this was reset to a maximum of 1 million.

I haven't looked regarding the passenger and don't know if that's also in the PLR file or not, I'd have a feeling at not perhaps, but I also can't remember how / if the passenger changes suit according to your selection normally or not etc.. has been a while since I played it.

I'll have a gander though and if possible, I'll add the ability

Regards,

Ian

I never looked
I tried to play with your tool and always checked the passenger - they seem to completely ignore PLY config. Another interesting thing I wanted to note - in your tool there are plenty of avatars to pick from. But only 1st 10 seem to match ingame after save. Other give quite unpredictable results. Anyone else noticed it?
It's not a problem at all btw, you can just play with it some more and you will find the one you like.
That chick on my passenger seat in her hardcore racing suite and that metallic melon on her head is bugging me more.
on this programs, what does the credits part mean and what does it do? thx

frenchy
The credits stuff does nothing now as they've since been removed / made inaccessible in LFS, but when they were present, it just provided a method for you to reset your credits to 0 (or whatever value <= your current value) that you wanted. The idea was that you could then go back and start a "career" again if you wanted as initially you had to earn credits to buy cars and by adding the credits feature to LPH meant you didn't need to create a completely new player profile to do it but as I say, they have no effect on anything now just that I haven't updated LPH in a long time to reflect the change in LFS

Ray.. yup, I noticed the issue with the mismatched suits in LPH to LFS. I know what's causing it (some sloppy decimal->hex conversions on my part). It's one of those things I've been meaning to fix for ages.. I'll have to make some time as that's quite a big bug considering that's all the tool does lol.

Regards,

Ian
kk thx ian!!

frenchy

Driver skins program
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG