The online racing simulator
Show non square modes?
(19 posts, started )
Show non square modes?
Where is it?, I have just gotten a 22" widescreen that runs 1680x1050 but I can't get LFS to show non square modes , no button or anything.

Dan,
I believe all modes are shown at all times nowadays.
I also believe the modes reported by LFS depends on drivers, etc.

edit:
since 1280x800 disappears when i click hide non-square modes in patch Q but is accessible in patch V i take it all modes are shown in patch V.
#3 - Bean0
Manual says it's in the Screen menu, but it's not there on the pic

http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Options

Which monitor did you get btw, I am looking to be purchasing one soon...Sammy 226BW looks like the one I will be going for.
It seems like that button disappeared some time between patch Q and S.
Belinea Artistline 22", and no, the mode is shown in the windows control panel, 1650 x 1080, but not in LFS
Have you tried editing cfg.txt?

Screen Info 0 75 1280 800

0/1 = 32/16bit
75 = hz
1280 = width
800 = height
Yup, no dice there I am afraid.

Is lfs omitting any square modes reported by windows btw?
Hmmm.....there is something VERY strange going on, it might be a driver issue, I am going to remove both the monitors driver, and the GFX driver and see if it helps.
Is it the only monitor plugged in and active?

I know that when I forget to turn off my TV out LFS drops to 1024x768, which is the max res of the secondary display.
Looks like its an Nvidia driver issue, the latest version messes up the non square res in both the windows control panel and LFS.

Using 82. something or other seems to work fine.
I also cant see the no squares mode\s. I have nvidia drivers v 97 somthing bu require them because of vista.
Quote from pedrotski :I also cant see the no squares mode\s. I have nvidia drivers v 97 somthing bu require them because of vista.

Yup, the latest version of the Nvidia drivers seem to mess with widescreen res modes, I don't know why or how to fix it, I had to roll back to the v81 to get them to work.

Sorry I can't help more
Could Powerstrip be used to force the resolution ?
I've only read about it and not used it myself, it probably won't work with Vista anyways
You can, infact you can use the Nvidia control panel to add custom res's, trouble is LFS can't see these custom modes.

Dan,
#16 - Davo
Latest nvidia drivers and all modes displayed here. I had to set a custom res for Oblivion in the control panel and it sees it fine too. Very weird.
Yup, very odd, I tried it again, new drivers, non square modes go in windows and LFS, old drivers, fine, odd indeed.
#18 - Davo
Seems they dont' detect your monitor properly, is it plug n pray?
No, it has specific drivers, but now you mention it, when you install the new Nvidia drivers, the monitor reverts back to plug and play, but even when you reinstall the monitors drivers you don't get the non square modes back.

Show non square modes?
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG