The online racing simulator
#1 - Chaos
lfs @ czech tv [video+subtitles]
Hello everybody!

I'm pleased to announce the airing of a short Live For Speed review in the only Czech nationwide broadcast gameshow named GamePage on the Czech Television. It was aired Yesterday before noon. I have to thank all the people who made this happen. Namely Gabelhirsh from Actual Linux e-Racing Team for his contact on the CzTV editors, Jet & Tairo & Gabelhirsh for coming to the set in Prague and making the psychical support for me (I was nervous as hell ), DoN gets the credits for the subtitles and Los for grabbing the show on TV! Thank you guys!

hi-res video (114MB) / lo-res video (26MB) & subtitles
Neat. Will have a look.
Well done effort for LFS
#4 - SamH
Downloaded now, and about to watch! It's fantastic that you're able to get LFS some TV coverage! Well done!

PS: Many thanks for the translation.. I'll watch the video now, and find out what people were saying afterwards!

[edit]
Quote from subtitles :00:00:09,802 --> 00:00:15,007
- Robert, can I talk to you?
- Just a moment, I have to park the car

hehe! You tell him!

That was excellent.. really positive coverage for LFS. WTG!
#5 - joen
cool stuff

That was great coverage for LFS, with all the necessary info potential new players need
Thanks for translating
Nice
Very good job there...
Niiiiice - really nice
Nice stuff. A very similar program on german tv with Vykos showing LFS got me to playing LFS back in 2004. Things like those are perfect advertising .
thanks guys! i'm happy that the effort paid off... we are already seeing new faces on our website
Nice video, lots of good points mentioned about LFS nice to see that the Czech community is so active and increasing. Really good effort on getting it on on CT2 ...

super work and congrats to all who were involved.

Quote from Chaos :we are already seeing new faces on our website

thats good to hear

mad
After seeing Madman's face why would you ever wish for any more?

Downloading now...
how do i add the subtitles xDillepall
Quote from Smurfen :how do i add the subtitles xDillepall

Using Media Player Classic, it's as simple as File > Open Subtitles
#15 - vari
service unvailable
MPC automatically loads the subs if you give the files the same name.

Video is nice, although you seem to talk quite fast Chaos, but perhaps that's just the Czech language, hard any English text appeared for what you were saying.

I would have preferred a little more variety, rather than just the one track, I'm guessing it what the TV company that decided or...? And what's with the high FOV, everything looked really warped. Perhaps I'm just too used to 70 degrees.
-
(vari) DELETED by vari
#18 - Don
the whole show is only 15 minutes long, and is packed with reviews, interviews and contest, so we can be happy for the 3m40s that lfs received. It wasnt actually meant to be a review of the game, but as a "interview with lfs players". They recorded about 30-60 minutes of material, i dunno why they chose only the RA but hopefully, we can hope for a proper review in future?
okay, now and for all: HOW is this game pronounced?

is it LIVE FOR SPEED or LIFE FOR SPEED?

... this video is cool but looked like a fake race to demonstrate. the subtitles didn't work on my machine...
It's pronounced Liv (Tyler) for Speed.
Quote from Linsen :It's pronounced Liv (Tyler) for Speed.

i know, this was kind of retorical question... but why in the world are people always saying life for speed. i don't get that... anyway
#22 - ste_
Good work, fella!
Quote from Linsen :It's pronounced Liv (Tyler) for Speed.

Exactly, I know that, and still say it wrong in the interview in the begining... but when saying the www i got it right illepall nervosity i guess , but its true that the majority says Life... why? who knows
Quote from Don :the whole show is only 15 minutes long, and is packed with reviews, interviews and contest, so we can be happy for the 3m40s that lfs received. It wasnt actually meant to be a review of the game, but as a "interview with lfs players". They recorded about 30-60 minutes of material, i dunno why they chose only the RA but hopefully, we can hope for a proper review in future?

only RA ... they wanted us to have one race, so we did... everybody chose their car and we kept together... there was no time for a few proper races... and i think they recorded 30min max...
-
(Chaos) DELETED by Chaos : double psot
Quote from Chaos :double post, please delete...

Delete it yourself

Edit, go advanced, delete (radiobutton) delete this message.
Quote from Fischfix :but looked like a fake race to demonstrate

it was "fake race" cause there werent skill-balanced racers

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG