The online racing simulator
Previously selected car and track...
hi i am wondering if anyone knows where the file is that contains the information about the car and track selected in the last session of lfs? I need to know this for a program i am making. Is it stored in the game itself, or just in an external file? Any help would be greatly appreicated. i posted this is the programmers forum, but i havent gotten any responses so i figured this forum has more traffic and a better chance of getting an answer.
/data/misc/cfg.rac
perhaps i should have stated this earlier, but i want to be able to alter this information, so when the game is loaded, the altered information makes a different car and a different track load. would altering this do that? or is it in the game itsself?
I'm just curious, why do you want to alter that? It only takes a few seconds for LFS to change the track/car combo when starting it. If it is the fact that you want to save those seconds, there is an option to not load the track when first starting LFS. Options>Misc>Load track when starting...
#5 - Misko
It's also in cfg.txt:

Selected Car
Map Name
Ply Name
Setup Name
Colours Name
Lighting
Flip
Config

etc...
My guess is that Flip means if config is reversed.
Quote from mrodgers :I'm just curious, why do you want to alter that? It only takes a few seconds for LFS to change the track/car combo when starting it. If it is the fact that you want to save those seconds, there is an option to not load the track when first starting LFS. Options>Misc>Load track when starting...

He wants to know that because he's working on a little random combo generator from which you can directly start LFS with the generated combo selected -- which I think is a great idea, btw .
Quote from Misko :It's also in cfg.txt:

Selected Car
Map Name
Ply Name
Setup Name
Colours Name
Lighting
Flip
Config

etc...
My guess is that Flip means if config is reversed.

Yeah, you are probally right... I should have looked there.
i already looked there and those settings dont change the car or track when the game loads. Or maybe there are more then one file i need to be editing. My guess is that what im looking for is stored in the program, which makes a hell of a lot of work, maybe even ALMOST impossible, as nothing is impossible. i think the cfg.txt just shows the confir for the last race you were in, as it shows the server and the ip of the server. I doubt it has anything to do with the loading of cars or tracks.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG