The online racing simulator
Frets on Fire (A Guitar Hero clone for the PC)
So I guess most of you have stumbled upon that crazy game where you pick up a rather poor figure of a guitar and pull/push a lever to "strum" chords, trying to keep up with the tempo of various songs. Anyone who has tried it knows it's tons of fun. On the PS, that is.

A couple of months ago I tried to find a decent clone for the PC but failed miserably. There is a Java clone called Freetar Hero but, well. It simply did not float my boat. However, in november 2006 a new project was registered at sourceforge (yes, it's open source!) which, well ... ROCKS!

Frets on Fire
Is basically the same game as Guitar Hero for the PS2, but instead of using a guitar, you use your keyboard (you may of course use a ps2-guitar if you have one). I've tried the original, and I can honestly say that using the keyboard isn't half bad. You just got to hold it like this:

There are songs available for download but it is also possible to import the original songs from GH1/2. The game uses OpenGL and is therefore playable on Windows, Mac and Linux. This game will also make you very popular with the ladies!

Check it:
Official Homepage
In-game video
Keyboard Video
Quote from felplacerad :This game will also make you very popular with the ladies!

Umm... Y'know I wouldn't count on that too much

I might have a look at this later, but I think I'll stick to the real thing
Im all over it like cheap aftershave, of all the clones out there, Frets on fire is by far the best.
played it, loved it, got bored of it.

lol
Quote from Smurfen :played it, loved it, got bored of it.

lol

Yeah that's what makes LFS different from other games.
Quote from Dajmin :I might have a look at this later, but I think I'll stick to the real thing

Not tried but i agree.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG