The online racing simulator
G25 wheel
(16 posts, started )
G25 wheel
Why is the g25 wheel so expensive....What is so great about it?
#2 - Jakg
its GREAT, that's why!

Better FFB, better quality materials
you know i've been looking around on youtube of videos on the G25 and still haven't found one video that i can hear gears inside whine.... is the G25 really quiet or what?

ahah i found a video.. but its still really quiet, is it quieter than most FF wheels?
No. Apparently the loudness varies from wheel to wheel, but it's at least quite a bit louder than my MS FF one, even though I supposedly have a rather quiet one. That being said, it's still an excellent wheel, well worth the money.
#5 - mr_x
mine started off quiet... but now it's starting to get quite noisey...

maybe it's just while things wear in? or things need tightening up?
ok thanks for the help guys!
#7 - bbman
I also can't say it's quiet, as it is a damn side louder than my old R440... That said, I never had a DFP, maybe that thing is even louder...

To the thread starter's question: The clutch pedal alone is a novelty on not-so-hardcore wheel sets (there are some stand-alone pedals that do this, but they are way higher priced), and the fact they included a proper shifter (not a real H-gate, as it turned out) makes the G25 so special... Then there is the quality feel to it (real leather and brushed metal on a wheel, how cool's that)... So, if you can afford one, it's really the best way to go if you're into racing simulations... As for racing games, it's way overpriced, that's right...
Turning fast with DFP = SQUEEEK!
Turning fast with G25 = Brrrm!

That's how I'd describe my experiences.
^^ yup
More a wail than a squeak! My MS Sidewinder was much quieter, but not a patch on the DFP.
Quote from XCNuse :you know i've been looking around on youtube of videos on the G25 and still haven't found one video that i can hear gears inside whine.... is the G25 really quiet or what?

ahah i found a video.. but its still really quiet, is it quieter than most FF wheels?

This is what mine sounds like, the left has got slightly louder since I made that video, but it can be overlooked by turning up the volume.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :This is what mine sounds like, the left has got slightly louder since I made that video, but it can be overlooked by turning up the volume.

Seems to have gone off topic to the noise thing again but thats how mine sounds. Although has anyone else noticed at start up when the wheel calibrates its noisier when it rotates right, but then is noisier when you turn it left
Quote from racer hero :Why is the g25 wheel so expensive....What is so great about it?

Depends how you look at it really, it's the first non-cheap wheel I've bought.

We have a hardware forum by the way
Quote from Greboth :Seems to have gone off topic to the noise thing again but thats how mine sounds. Although has anyone else noticed at start up when the wheel calibrates its noisier when it rotates right, but then is noisier when you turn it left

The same happens when you turn it when it has now power, louder right then left, though right is a deep bassie sound, left is a high pitch whine.
Well the G25 uses a optical encoder for the wheel. All metal parts just about for the pedals. and the wheel and pedals are heavy!

I have the wheel and love the thing. IMO for the price is the best mass market wheel out for what you get.
Quote from spankmeyer :Turning fast with DFP = SQUEEEK!
Turning fast with G25 = Brrrm!

That's how I'd describe my experiences.

The DFP - turned quickly - sounds like one of those toy cars that has a toothed plastic ripcord you pull to get the wheels spinning.

G25 wheel
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG