The online racing simulator
'Nother Aston Course
(70 posts, started )
Quote from Gunn :Westhill was designed for the faster cars anyway, it isn't really suitable as a club course.

I always imagined it as a very old track, the sort that was used with the old, non-downforce, non-slick Grand Prix cars.

Quote from Belain :hey ladies i also worked around with it a little bit and heres what i came up to:

Kyoto Club:
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/932/kyotoclubqz1.jpg

Kyoto GP Very Long:
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/2540/gpverylongxr5.jpg

hope u guys like it

but what we definately need is an entire new track facility

Club wouldn't work very well like that, you have quite a lot of banking going on in that part. Maybe go a little bit forwards on the oval section, go into the infield and then have a tunnel under the oval? Would also make an Oval entrance point for all the truck carrying the cars for the Oval and national races :P
Ky Club and Aston South are nice , but in my opinion I dont want Aston tracks anymore, with Ky would be perfect just 4 configs, but I prefer another new track, there are tracks in England, Jamaica and Japan, I want a new track in another country like...México loool, no..well yes but I think it will happens in s4 or s5.

NO STREET TRACKS
#53 - Gunn
Quote from Primoz :I always imagined it as a very old track, the sort that was used with the old, non-downforce, non-slick Grand Prix cars.

Those old tracks were not usually very wide, unlike Westhill. In fact the reason why some of the older GP circuits stopped being used by F1 was because they were too narrow for the fast F1 cars of the modern era and additionally some had fallen into disrepair. Many of the classic GP tracks just can't handle the faster cars, they are deemed too dangerous. Westhill is open, flowing, and wide like a modern facility. It allows overtaking opportunities even for the very fast cars of LFS. Compare it to Fern Bay which does not produce great racing in the faster cars but which is a great example of a club facility, at least in the shorter configs.
done mowing the cat? j/k
+1 from me

i think the problem is the way you're higlighting it, with those hard edges it makes the turns appear much harder than they are, when clearly that would all work out flawlessly

same aston or not, its another track, and more opportunities for enjoyment so why the hell not!
just some shots of the area that Belain wants to add asphalt to for the proposed club layout at Kyoto.

And one at west hill
Attached images
KY41.jpg
KY42.jpg
KY43.jpg
ky44.jpg
WE21.jpg
I'm all for any new config, not to mention track. At Aston I would like a layout on which you come to the AS Club fast chicane even faster, so that you would have to brake (at AS Club, you don't have to brake in any car) before the fast chicane...
Attached images
as8.jpg
Wow, that one looks really nice. Very fast too. If it was longer, it'd be a blast in the GTRs.

EDIT: And it has quite a few passing opprotunities for the lenght too. The hairpin, the 90° onto the cadet part, the hairpin before the S/F, especially in the reverse config (imagine roaring down to the braking area full speed )
Quote from Chaos :I'm all for any new config, not to mention track. At Aston I would like a layout on which you come to the AS Club fast chicane even faster, so that you would have to brake (at AS Club, you don't have to brake in any car) before the fast chicane...

That would be great. Why the hell this config haven't been invented by the devs before (instead of those completely dull and too similar GT/GP configs).
only one problem with your layout chaos, the pit exit of the cadet pits
Double hairin to make it extra slow? :> Or we could just tear down the wall :P
beginning bumpification process.........

Completed, Have a nice day
oh, reset, and an old thread restarted...........

The Aston National is South in fact, and your South layout is the East, considering the North placement.
Nevertheless I think almost all possible layouts in Aston should be available (your Cludet, two layouts that would need new start/finish line and pitarea near roofed bleachers: North Club - without screweau part, and Grand Trophy - Grand Touring without finish line part).

And I really would like to see your idea of Westhill incorporated into Kyoto environment - sounds unbelievable, so it is interesting
What about Club with the bigger first corner? That would be a very good track for the little GTRs.

Maybe some sprint tracks would be good fun, I'll knock some up in paint.
Here they are.

EDIT : The dots are where you would spawn when you join/leave the pits. For the green track, you would leave the west end of the cadet pits. For the pink track, the east end. For the brown track, I would guess that the chicane which North and GP take that Historic doesn't would be the spawn in point.
Attached images
aston sprint andor kart tracks.JPG
The track Keiichi proposed look good, +1 for them, aswell +1 for the South City ovals and Fern Bay oval.

@duke_toaster: Doubt that will work, -1 from me
Quote from duke_toaster :The south city ones work.

I actually was referring to your proposed AS tracks, the one where you spawn in the pits etc.
2nd one i dont like because there would have to be a bridge to both sides and i dont like that idea at all

i like the first one though, now we have lengthy endurance tracks for KY, AS, and FE

however for FE it would be more of a FE Black rallycross super stage
Platinum - no thanks, we need all gravel tracks, not ones with just a bit and mostly asphalt.

Silver - looks [yawns] a bit borin[zzzz...]

'Nother Aston Course
(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG