The online racing simulator
skins help
(6 posts, started )
skins help
hi all
stupid question probably,but i downloaded some skins but cant seem to get them onto relevant cars,,i put them in skins and xskins but dont know how to retrive them when game is running,please dont laugh !!,thanks in advance,,see you on track
Make sure the skins go into the skins folder, not the skinsX folder.
You can then go to the garage and create new colour scheme, at which point you can load up any relevant texture file for that particular car from your skins folder.
Put any skins you aquire in the "skins" folder of LFS, If they are named correctly, i.e - XRT_Metal_Flake.jpg, then you should be able to select them in-game. For the above example, you`d go to your garage, select the XRT car, Go to the "Colours" tab, and at the bottom, there`s a tab called "Texture Name". When you click on that, it`ll allow you to pick your skin.

If you do apply a skin to your car, both "Body" colours have to have all 3 sliders set to full right to see the skin as it was meant to look, although you can tint various parts of the car by playing around with them.

Avoid transferring any files from your "skins_x" folder to your "skins" folder, as they are auto-downloaded while you are online, and usually there are a lot of private skins in there, that you shouldn`t be using.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.
#4 - Lible
[QUOTE=unseen;313487]Avoid transferring any files from your "skins_x" folder to your "skins" folder, as they are auto-downloaded while you are online, and usually there are a lot of private skins in there, that you shouldn`t be using./QUOTE]Not allways. Just check the skin, and if it is like Michael Schumahher's Ferrari, then it's not private.
thanks all..can delete this thread
Why?

This thread might help someone else in the future, dontukno?

skins help
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG