The online racing simulator
'Nother Aston Course
(70 posts, started )
'Nother Aston Course
Look at the attatchment, enough said
Attached images
AS8.jpg
#2 - aoun
Have the bigger T1 hairpin rather then the short one and i think it will be one hell of a track in lFS!!!!!
no? we have already alot of layouts for aston, we need more for other tracks.
It's not bad, but the chicane around T6/7 (depends what you count as a corner) where it doubles back onto the Club track could be deadly

I do agree that we need more layouts for other tracks though.
We have Aston layouts comin out the wazzoo.

We need another "track" not more variants IMO
The track is already there, what would be so difficult to make another config? If it's possible, then I say it should be a config. It doesn't take anything away from LFS to move a barrior and draw the track line differently in a short span of distance.

Sure, I agree we don't need another Aston config or any other track configs over a completely new track. But it seems to me like it would be just /copy Aston, /move barrier code, /recode track line to new config... Where as Eric could have been working on 1 completely new track since S2 came out for all we know. I'm sure it takes a significant amount of time to code a completely new track over a simpler process of whipping up another possible track config that's already pretty much there in the game.

(was looking at the pic and almost tried to click cancel rather than close out the browser session, LOL)
Um, my suggestion in no way contradicts the addition of new facilities, but advocates using the ones that we do have already to thier fullest.

I'm all for the addition of new facilities. (I am however for getting rid of west hill as a stand alone course and just slapping it in as an extension of an existing course. As an example ive toyed with the idea of planting it as another outlying section of KY GP, allowing for an almost nordeshleife length course configuration)

with a couple little changes here and there the facilities we have could be updated to have more layout possibilites, a small change at the first turn of the KY GP course could add a club layout to the already great facility we have been provided.

so yeah, I'm both for adding new facilities and renovating the ones we have. (And not fond of west hill in its current state, though a club version might help that)
Hardly anyone uses Aston North, or Aston Grand Touring as it is now, quite why another config would be good is beyond me............
funny, i recall my team having done a 4 and 6 hour endurance race on north and GT respectively with Masters Of Endurance. And in fact the same courses were used in SimFIA F1.

different people, different tastes. some sections were used on my layout that are a little underused, or hadnt been used in that combination before, to effectively create new corners that didnt occur on any other configuration
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :funny, i recall my team having done a 4 and 6 hour endurance race on north and GT respectively....

different people, different tastes. some sections were used on my layout that are a little underused, or hadnt been used in that combination before, to effectively create new corners that didnt occur on any other configuration

The stats speak for themselves........

Total number of laps online....

AS north 392,838 laps

AS grand touring 173,788 laps

Compared to.........

AS club 3,442,186 laps

AS cadet 1,465,395 laps

IMO, there simply is no DEMAND for more Aston configs......
as club and cadet appeal very nicely to the player with a short attention span, dont they?

In any case, why are you so vehemently opposed? If it gets added what harm does it do to the sim? If anything it offers more options to the players.
I am not "opposed" per say, I just can't see the point in diluting something that is already at saturation point.

IMO, there simply isn't enough diversity in LFS, and creating more config's that no one would use doesn't help this
#13 - Jakg
could be fun, not that i like the "dead horse" being flogged any more, but i can't think it would be that much work
i don't understand why people always shout: "NOOOO we don't need more configs". i mean, what is the problem with that? if you don't like a combo then don't drive it. to reprogram a tracklayout is not that much work compared to a new track. so i think it can be easyly achieved. so bugger of you guys who think there is no need for new content. it's like having 4 kg of dough and making only a 1kg cake out of it and then keep the rest of the dough and say: "NO I DONT WANT SOME DONUTS made out of the rest of the dough"...

come on, everbody likes donuts!
And in my oppinion options are good for the community, especially in the case of leagues, which thrive on variety.

While a new track facility would be nice, theres nothing wrong with new configurations at facilities we already have.
As normal, my point gets missed by everyone...........bloody internets...........

@Fischfix, quite clearly people do dislike donuts, people just stick to the same old boring, boring combos while interesting tracks like AS North get left behind.

Why? I don't know
No, your point wasn't missed. You just fail to notice other points being made.

Let me sum myself up for those joining the thread late.

I Am
1)for the creation of new track facilities
2)for the creation of new configurations at existing facilities
3)not fond of westhill and it's lack of options
4)choosing to counterpoint Danowat's point with his statistics: Over half a million laps looks an awfully lot like plenty of people drive them concidering the relatively short time they have been out (AS GT and AS GP are nearly identical, if you wanna moan about something moan about that)
New Kyoto Combinations
I agree with "no more Aston" posts...but if we will have new Aston, then i vote for this. There's still unused piece of track, wich can be modified into this (or anything else).
Attached images
ASNatMini.jpg
you seem to have missed the point, your layout makes it neccisary to add to the facility, mine does not, and Belain's require very little new asphalt
I feel that one point has been missed in this discussion so far (or maybe that's only the way I see it :shrug:

I don't think it's that helpful to think about this in track-numbers. Sure it would be possible to create quite a few additional layouts to the existing ones on settings like AS, FE or SO. No doubt about that. But the proposed layout is a good example why it is not necessary, as it effectively adds one single corner to LFS. All the other turns are already there, just on different layouts. So it wouldn't add a whole new racing experience to LFS. Plus: The devs have probably thought about this way, I would imagine: What layouts could we create that add something new to LFS? Which layout in the same setting would provide a track with different characteristics over the already existing ones? Maybe they ruled out the proposed layout simply because it's not a track with new characterstics, but instead a combination of two tracks with different characteristics?

Just my humble opinion.

Edit: uhm, I guess the point has been raised somewhat inbetween Keiichi's last post and mine, but I was a little late with posting
actually my proposed layout creates two new corners, both at the transitions from the club-cadet courses.

and your point is already disproven by the existance of AS GT, which aside 3 turns is identical to AS GP. they turned right at the junction instead of left and the rest of the course is the same
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :actually my proposed layout creates two new corners, both at the transitions from the club-cadet courses.

and your point is already disproven by the existance of AS GT, which aside 3 turns is identical to AS GP. they turned right at the junction instead of left and the rest of the course is the same

Ok, so it's two new turns. That doesn not change my argument. And please try to understand the point I'm making a little more fully: The fact that there are already tracks in LFS which just combine two different layouts certainly does not disprove the point I was making. More the contrary

And again: Where do you stop? I'm sure there are plenty of possible layouts that are not in the game. So should all of those be created? I personnally don't think so, as they add little and dilute the community further (a point that I didn't feel the need to repeat in my previous post as it had already been mentioned). So, if the community is to be diluted further, I think it needs more than one new turn.

Edit: make that TWO new turns.
Fear of dilluting the community and wishing for more facilities are contradictary. If you add more facilities to LFS people will spread out more "dilute".

The combination for the club and cadet courses offers something different than any other layout currently available at the aston facility (which is fundamentally differnt than the other facilities). The club circuit is a relatively high speed circuit, while the cadet circuit is a low speed circuit. Combining the two creates a challenging course of its own, with high and low speed sections. This combination utilizes 2 under-used sections, and uses them to create corners unique to this course. Most of all, while this course would certainly be challenging, It is not a huge step up from the club and cadet circuits, nor does it produce lap times as long as the GP course.

More thought went into this layout than you give me credit for.

'Nother Aston Course
(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG