The online racing simulator
Wahoo! I have tripple monitor LFS!!!
(13 posts, started )
I have to say it's even better than I expected. I thought the only advantage would be being able to see other cars without changing view. But the peripheral vision give you a much better sense of the cars direction and position on the road.

I'm using a Tripplehead2go and three 21" CTR monitors @ 2400x600
My ATI card limits the resolution but it looks fine with AA on and the plan is to get an NVidia DirectX10 card soon.

Attached images
00004_web.jpg
Nice :up:

Looks a bit like my desk, but cleaner
Great setup...

I have a sony TV too
usually, when you're surfing on the net, do u have it like that?

i'm just thinking.. *where the hell is my pointer* searches through 3 monitors
Nice dude, nice setup. Probably must make a nice experience. I'd like to have multiple monitors... But budget limits right now .

PS: I wonder why most LFS rig pics around here all have messy desk
#6 - JJ72
time to upgrade the wheel mate
You get a thumbs up
And a flaming banana, because i'm jealous :bananadea
Quote from JJ72 :time to upgrade the wheel mate

Hey, I've got the same wheel.
You're right though, it's not the best. Especially as FF doesn't work on mine.

Here's a flaming 'nana for absolutely no reason...:bananadea
how much was the Tripplehead2go and were u get it from
Nice, I think that the sides of each monitors where you have big white bands would drive me slightly mad

Would love to try it though
Quote from -DrftMstr- :usually, when you're surfing on the net, do u have it like that?

Not had it long enough to try tripple monitor web browsing. Anyway the middle monitor is on a KVM so I can switch to my Ubuntu desktop for browsing.

Quote from JJ72 :time to upgrade the wheel mate

When it breaks, but at the moment it's doing the job. I've had it five years now with no problems and plus someone gave it to me for free. Seems silly to fork out money for another.

Quote from niffer022 :how much was the Tripplehead2go and were u get it from

It was £130 on Ebay second hand. I think the cheapest you can get new is about £160. If you have a dual monitor video card to start with you can use the Dualhead2Go + you video card to get three monitors and that cost about £100.

Quote from jamesrowe :Nice, I think that the sides of each monitors where you have big white bands would drive me slightly mad

I thought that would be a problem too. But when your racing it doesn't make the slightest difference. I guess it's the same as when you driving a car you don't notice the door pillars if you want to look to your left or right. Like I said the main advantage is periferal vision movement, your not looking at the details either side of you.

Trust me, when you've had a go you'll understand.
Quote from moeFinley :when you've had a go you'll understand.

Right folks, everyone round to Moe's this weekend
i have duel monitor outputs atm both are used, but i need a third like you as its weird driving :doh:

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG