The online racing simulator
Lap time on Black wood
(15 posts, started )
Lap time on Black wood
What's a "good" lap time for blackwood, right now I get 1:32.22 on BL forward quite consistantly. (only played one or two races where I got that but I think the lines are pretty stuck in my head now)
Is there a thread or something with the expected average lap time for a racer on blackwood?
#2 - Jakg
In which car? the XFG wr is 1:32.99, the XRT wr is something like 1:"3
Blackwood Racing
Quote from DragonCommando :What's a "good" lap time for blackwood, right now I get 1:32.22 on BL forward quite consistantly. (only played one or two races where I got that but I think the lines are pretty stuck in my head now)
Is there a thread or something with the expected average lap time for a racer on blackwood?

I'm getting better at Blackwood with my newly painted GTI. 1:44 on that track. After fiddleing with Window's setup and learning the new trick of moving the wheel while LFS loads. That trick keeps me from turning left at the start with my Logitech Momo wheel/pedal.

Anyway, while I have had LFS for almost two years, I have never done on-line. I was hoping to find someone who might care to help me get into that, albeit I only use this every two or three months, when I have time. I have no souped up setups or anything. Stock.
I did run the BMW F1 around Blackwood and it was a hoot, btw.

Grins,

Newbie, I guessillepall.
RabidWolf
RabidWolf - you're missing out, so much more fun to be had if you find a server full of good racers.
#6 - ZORER
Quote from RabidWolf :
Anyway, while I have had LFS for almost two years, I have never done on-line.
RabidWolf

:smash: This is a world record which should be in guiness book.
I didn't play online until 6 weeks ago. Heh. Anyways a good way to improve, well, what I did, is I set it to pro, and I always use a slower car, or a car harder to control, it forced me to do well, and when I went online, I was consistently in the top 10 of 30 or so, which made me happy, I thought I'd do horrible, though I gotta admit, it's different online, you get nervous sometimes, trying to avoid hitting people, etc etc.

Make sure you understand how to take the first turn, understand the flags, and you'll be good. I recommend being kind, you will get far more respect by letting someone pass, rather than holding someone off for only one position.
Out of the three full races I'v been in with the XRT I'v won one. (I had a best lap of 1:31.81) the other 2 I got knocked out of the race after the first lap because the guy behind me didn't break before the turn and slammed me out.
I would have been in a fourth race, but I droped out of the qualify period because my peddals came unplugged and I ran off the track and into a wall (kind off hard to slow down with the hand brake on a button)
other than that, I mostly play on SP

note: I have a realy bad Nexxtec wheel, the thing is damn twitchy and the peddal plug just falls out sometimes. but I just have to live with it untill I get a new one.
Thanks, everyone. Sorry for the untimelyness (is that a word? it is now) and I will try to try an online race sometime soon.

LFS, even vs the AI, is just WAY too much fun even for hacks like me!

Grins!
RW
:insane:
Hello everyone,

I am also trying some laptimes at BL1 with the XRT. So far I managed to make consistent 1:34.something, but I feel that my setup is not yet adequate. I already did 1:33 but cannot repeat it often. I am really lousy on some sections judging by the wr replay.

I would like to try online racing, however, but I do not dare to do it yet as everytime I try to race against the AI, I end up being thrown out of the road either by means of too ambitious brakings or some form of contact.

Anyway, I just wanted to make my first post and say that I am really lousy

Cheers,
Pedro Venda - http://www.pjvenda.org
#11 - Mykl
lol, 1:34's is far from "really lousy." In fact, if you're that fast you'd probably win more often than not on most BL1 races involving the XFG. The best I can do is relatively consistent 1:35's and that's fast enough for a few wins on the course.
I think someone's mixing up cars here :o Competitive times in the XRT I'd imagine are anything below 1:27, XFG 1:35 and XRG about the same. One should realistically be aiming to get to 33s in the XFG, 34s in the XRG and 24s in the XRT to consistently challenge for the win.
#13 - Mykl
doh, haha... yeah

<---- can't read
Quote from ZORER ::smash: This is a world record which should be in guiness book.

Not by a long shot

My father got S1 about the same time as I got my first account in April 2004 and hasn't been online once even though he can get within 103% of WR pretty easy He has just turned 70 so I guess there is little chance of getting him online now He would have been a very fair driver, while perhaps not the fastest he would have been a tough competitor.

I'm a race fan because of his enthusiasm for the sport I have fond memories of him building his latest speedway car with me an excited 8 year old in the background looking on with great anticipation

One of the best memories I have is of traveling with him to the Darwin speedway championships in about 78 or 79. He won convincingly in a Cooper S mini against much more powerful and potent looking competitors with V8s and the like. The expressions on the faces of bewilderment and amazement will remain with me for life it was priceless.
my set-ups are messed up , i cant break 1:32 cwith this stupid car

Lap time on Black wood
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG