The online racing simulator
Wheel Jumps Off-Center During Race
Not sure if this is an LFS bug, a Logitech bug, or just my ignorance...

My brand new Logitech Momo force feedback wheel suddenly moves itself off-center during races. It's pretty repeatable and usually happens about halfway down the back straight at Blackwood. I'm holding the real wheel perfectly still and the in-car wheel abruptly turns to the right a little bit. I have to turn the real wheel slightly to the left to compensate for the rest of the lap or sometimes for the rest of the race.

It moves about 10-15 degrees off-center, always in the same direction. It sometimes stays the way for the whole race and sometimes cures itself later in the lap, only to get off-center again on the next lap.

Since it seems to happen at about the same place on each track, I'm wondering if it's a track-related bug or something in the driver that doesn't like long straights (for example) or a certain kind of force feedback.

Any ideas?

(FWIW I'm running LFS S2, WinXP Pro, 2 GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo, ATI X1900 XT)
Ah-Ha...
Oops. Apparently this is a known bug. I just looked in the wrong forum before posting. Thanks anyway. The Logitech "Momo Racing Fix Center" patch fixed it right up. Life is good.

By the way, only this LFS forum seemed to know anything about it. None of the other support forums for my other racing games mentioned this fix. Major props to LFS!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG