The online racing simulator
Pitlane help layouts
(8 posts, started )
#1 - apo3d
Pitlane help layouts
There are at least two threads that i know of in the suggestions area, but until something can be done by other means, here's something that i hope will help. It's already helping me anyway.

The problem:
- sometimes the player won't know which way to exit the pits
- possible solutions:
- chalk lines
- marshalls
- cones, signs, etc...

I went for some 'left/right signs' (see screenshot) because i could place them on (almost) all tracks so it would be a familiar view, they won't mess with the framerate, and they're in a place they cannot be hit and thrown on the track.
Chalk lines are the next best thing imo, but due to different video cards, resolutions, FOV's and even views people use, i found it quite difficult to make a layout based on chalk arrows that would satisfy everyone.
Either you cannot see the lines because they're too far, either too close and get obscured by the intakes/bonnets of some cars (rb4, lx6 and a few others).
Marshalls would clutter up the pit area too much imo.

These missing tracks : SC2(R), SC3(R), FE6(R), FE7(R) don't have a pit area, or at least not one i could find either by going around the track or by shift-s.

Currently missing are all variations of KY, but i'm working on those, will add them as soon as they're done.

Anyway, here's stuff...
Attached images
pithelp.jpg
Attached files
AS1_pithelp.lyt - 156 B - 202 views
AS1R_pithelp.lyt - 156 B - 199 views
AS2_pithelp.lyt - 156 B - 181 views
AS2R_pithelp.lyt - 156 B - 229 views
AS3_pithelp.lyt - 156 B - 219 views
AS3R_pithelp.lyt - 156 B - 214 views
AS4_pithelp.lyt - 156 B - 212 views
AS4R_pithelp.lyt - 156 B - 204 views
AS5_pithelp.lyt - 156 B - 204 views
AS5R_pithelp.lyt - 156 B - 196 views
AS6_pithelp.lyt - 156 B - 212 views
#2 - apo3d
#3 - apo3d
#4 - apo3d
and an all-in-one archive.
Attached files
pithelp.rar - 4.6 KB - 142 views
Is it just a sign that tells you what way? People (if going backwards) should see "Wrong Way"
#7 - apo3d
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :Is it just a sign that tells you what way? People (if going backwards) should see "Wrong Way"

Probably, if i correctly understand what you mean.
When you shift-s or mid-join a race, while still in your pit, you'll see which way you should head out when exiting your pit.
Look on the wall in front of the pits. If that white arrow points left, go left.
Otherwise go right.

This will avoid you getting that 'wrong way' message.
Ahh, I see. Good Work

Pitlane help layouts
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG