The online racing simulator
Mouse problem (mouse randomly(or semingly random) dies
The mouse is a Microsoft "wheel mouse optical" (it got wire) and my OS is Win Xp Sp2

Ive tried all usb ports and also ps/2 port and it behave the same way.
i also tried reinstalling the mouse with no luck.

please help me!

Edit: to clarify, the mouse dies completely, the cursor stops and the light under the mouse stops shining)
#2 - CSU1
Dead PSU...faulty mouse, oh! btw I bought one of those MS 'Optical' mouse's, was very dissapointed to find a stupid ball-less mouse when I got it home the package did clearly say MS Optical mouse
Yeap, happens to me randomly too (once every 2 months or so)

I have this mouse since 2002 and I have changed my whole computer ever since, but this still occurs from time to time. I think it has something to do with the mouses's usb connection.

If I connect it via the PS2 port with the usb->ps2 adapter it had along this thing does not happen, but the light of the mouse remains open even if I shutdown the pc illepall lol

Btw do you use an MSI mobo? Both my mobos were from MSI. I had an SIS 645 mobo before them and I don't think it happened there too...

(If you unplug the mouse and replug it, it works though)
You could try disabling a USB power saving feature in Windows so that the controller, to which the mouse is connected to, is powered up all the time when the PC is on, although it sounds like a long shot.. :
Attached images
usbpower.JPG

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG