The online racing simulator
My New Video " Fluid Secret " by: Fox 1977
(46 posts, started )
The movie was a bit boring actually. Not really much to see. The idea was sort of nice, but then you just cut to some formula driving which didn't really made sense. All the intro into fast sim racers or aliens, then you just cut into a formula driving and "the end"? The only time LFS was actually used.

edit: and yes I know how much time it goes into making movies, I've done two myself. First was utter crap, second a little less crappy. But I think they are both awesome. At least they are not boring...most of the time. :P
#27 - JJ72
I can't quite see the relation from the movie without reading your explanation actually, the story telling is a bit lacking.

For example the mothership part doesn't really add to anything, but rather take away the mystical atmosphere you built up in the intro with the news footage. The shots onboard the helicopter is alright, because there's a sense of realism in it, but the spot view shots are quite distracting, making it very obvious it's flimed from within the flight simulator.

I like the intial shot you use on the F1 car, the one on the gearbox, it looks quite surreal from that angle, which helps adding to the UFO theme, however the trackside shots are rather too normal and doesn't fit to the general atmosphere, I would recommand using a different weather setting (sunset maybe?) for the same reason of keeping the sense of mystery and surrealism.

kamo it's alright to criticise but there's no need to lecture people how should they receive critics, that's a bit over the line.
No it's not "over the line" The 1st thing you have to take when you post a video is critisism, if you can't take that (Or others like Wildport prooved) then you really shouldn't post your videos up here. So i'm 100% behind Kamo's point and think the guys who were over the line were the ones having a go at Kamo for giving his opinion.

This is a forum in which you post your opinions on the base subject, in this case it was the video and Kamo didn't like it so he said so and he said why and some guys jump on the defensive. Hows about thinking why he didn't like it instead of defending it.

In all honesty I didn't get it to either, the writing wasn't the easiest to read and the gaps when nothing happend were to big.

But it was nice editting and nice to see you used another game to create a LFS video.
#29 - JJ72
Quote from Bawbag :No it's not "over the line" The 1st thing you have to take when you post a video is critisism, if you can't take that (Or others like Wildport prooved) then you really shouldn't post your videos up here. So i'm 100% behind Kamo's point and think the guys who were over the line were the ones having a go at Kamo for giving his opinion.

This is a forum in which you post your opinions on the base subject, in this case it was the video and Kamo didn't like it so he said so and he said why and some guys jump on the defensive. Hows about thinking why he didn't like it instead of defending it.

In all honesty I didn't get it to either, the writing wasn't the easiest to read and the gaps when nothing happend were to big.

But it was nice editting and nice to see you used another game to create a LFS video.

it's not about why he didn't like it, it's about the tone he used, the lecturing tone on "sorry I don't like your work and won't join the movie lovers club" attitude.

You don't have to tell people "hey it's reality of the forum get over it", because that's assuming people can't take criticism at the first place. When you already assume people can't take criticism, why should they listen to you? I am sure if you just laid out the points where you think there's a problem, or things that would be improved, it would be accepted.

I think fox is very liberal about taking criticisms, all he said was he don't need to be told how to take it in his face. he didn't ask people to kiss his arse, he knows that he can't please everyone, that's just it.

just chill out.
I have recently started hobby video's working with adobe premier pro 2.0, I can see how much time you put in.. overall I like the concept and like the video. If i were you i wouldnt even respond to these critism's.

Good Job
Quote from GazForce :I have recently started hobby video's working with adobe premier pro 2.0, I can see how much time you put in.. overall I like the concept and like the video. If i were you i wouldnt even respond to these critism's.

Good Job

Great.... one more person doing lfs videos!!

Hi all.

Btw JJ72, thanks for quickly understanding the all thing and explaining.

I just want to add two facts, that purhaps i didn't said because i thought that everyone knew.
When you do a video, work or whatever, when you've finished, you really think that it looks good, you are proud, and really want to show it quickly ( ) to the people that are trully interessed on the subject.
This is one of the most important thing i've learned doing lfs videos, you should never post your videos right away from finish point, because it takes me about a week or two to realized all the mistakes and all the changes that must be done for it to be " perfect" ( for me )....soo i have to see it over and over again...until im happy with the result.

The other fact is that i also saw alot of lfs videos, and some were excelente, some good and some not as good, but most of the times i can see that the person that did it, tryed to do his best (because people who do this, do it because they want it, like it, love it and where's love involved, there sould be sensibility and respect) and then show it to us. When i dont like a video, that is really not a good video, i never start pointing errors or telling him the true.... that it sucks....:sadbanana and that i didnt like it, because i know it will hirt his feelings and i would be probably helping him to QUIT doing videos or posting them and i don't want that.

Diplomacy can be usefull on internet forums, because, most of the times you don't know who's behind the nickname or the age of the user.
Imagine talking badly about a video that a kid or a senior have just done and you don't know it but they are probably just starting doing this things now...or never had a computer before or programs or time. People like that can be more sensible...that's the main reason why i didn't like soo much one or two reply's....one day it could be my son or father....,the thing is.... use positive language and balance the good and bad opinions........... but then again, that's just me.

cya
go go Rapozzza:bullwhip::monkey:
#33 - Nard
But still, Fox, Kamo has valid opinions. He criticised a movie of mine in the past, but I didn't go all 'omfg stfu' on him. Instead of taking it as an offense, try to see what we tell you and assimilate those notions for your next video. By the way his 'Fox lovers' comment was aimed at the first posts responding to the thread which were clearly your friends telling how you are awesome and how this movie is genius (which was why I watched it in the first place and was bitterly disappointed).

Kamo hosted the movies pit, he watched tons of movies, and quite frankly, most people who have either studied filmmaking or are movie addicts will tell you this video was pretty poorly done. The idea was nice, but even if you had put 500 hours into this, it would still be bad in its current form.

And if you can't take criticism for what it is, then you shouldn't be making movies. Good example, Jos Whedon had a great idea with his 'firefly' series. But even if it was brilliant, FOX network didn't like it at all, and it never even aired a complete season. I guess it even happens to the pros, but he didn't go whining on forums how he was sad and all hurt in his feelings, he just went ahead and made a movie out of it, and went to work on other projects with the reasons why Firefly didn't work in mind.
Quote from kamo2000 :First one that didn't liked that:
- 4 minuts and lfs for 1:30 maybe
- fake sounds
Boring for me.

Quote from W1ldPort75 :Boring ? Oh well one more driver that has no clue at all what video making is but thats life illepall . It takes alot of work and time to make videos like this one . Why dont yo try to make one ? I would love to see that ! Do you even know what the video or the idea of the video is ? Let me answer that for you >>> NOP !!! But your right on one thing , everyone has is own taste so i´ll give you that much .

Quote from FOX 1977 :
Be cool and show me your videos

Quote from JJ72 :it's not about why he didn't like it, it's about the tone he used, the lecturing tone on "sorry I don't like your work and won't join the movie lovers club" attitude.

I'm sorry if i'm looking at this the wrong way but to me it seems although he gave his critisism and was on his way, then FOX and Wildport replied in a DEFENSIVE tone, so if they can use a defensive tone how come Kamo cannot reply in the tone in which he did. There was nothing wrong with his post and I could think of a 100 ways to say what he did but in a more vile manner.

Then to say that he was wrong in doing so? illepall Plain ignorance as he defended his movie, he didn't say thanks for giving me your honest opinion, I will try and put LFS in it more the next time or whatever.

It's stupid how people can post videos and when it's critisised they can't take it.
Quote from GazForce :I have recently started hobby video's working with adobe premier pro 2.0, I can see how much time you put in.. overall I like the concept and like the video. If i were you i wouldnt even respond to these critism's.

Good Job

I think the man is right....

Besides im not here for this....and Mr. Bawbag, you are very nice..... real nice...." ...plain ignorance... ", "...it's stupid..."
But....i never did liked you much, because of some behavior or language on servers and im not the only one thinking that way....quote : " I could think of a 100 ways to say what he did but in a more vile manner." ........im sure of that.
Soo now it is i that im sorry to say, but i really don't care about your opinion.

Nard....btw, only two friends posted about it......and no, they didn't say im awsome or a genius...and im not....the guys from others posts i don't know who they are. ...." he didn't go whining on forums how he was sad and all hurt in his feelings" .....i was not talking about me....but im really
not here to tell how to read. You may convert what i said in whatever you want.....just don't post like i said it.

I never said i was a great video maker or genius or that i was looking for a academy award...maybe here the standard's are too big, for me this was just for fun, not to be evaluated by film students or professionals. And like i really don't like some of the language and tones used here, i've decided not to post anymore videos here.

Bye all.
For someone you don't respect FOX 1977, he sure has alot of influence on you if you stop making movies.
One thing I have learnt so far: Dont start to argue about your creative work!
This is my final reply on the subject........please read!!!!before you post an answer....i never said that i was going to stop doing videos.... i said stop posting them here!!

cya
This is all very sad... oh well, the regular internet we know... populated but a bunch of smart heads that think they know it all
Fox keep up the good work mate
You are making it very easy for you.

You think, that everybody who doesnt like your work and criticizes it, is a bad guy and wants to harm you.

Thats not a great attitude.
If u dont like a movie,and u post u dont like it,post after it why dont u like,which parts are not too good,and try to help or show how to do to the creator of the movie.Dont fight coz a movie... thas sad,this is a big community,try to help to every1
#42 - th84
I liked the movie. Its always nice to see something diffrent. Nice work FOX!
#43 - JTbo
Wtf?

I thought LFS community is nice place where people are friendly and critism is constructive, but what I read from here, some members are shooting with their brains turned off, please, let's not turn this to 'you know what community' level and let's respect others, let's all behave and be polite, please
Like a true artist, FOX 1977 is very sensitive about his creative work. And like a true artist he storms away swearing he will never return just because someone told him exactly what he thinks of the movie. But we all know he is still reading this thread.

Not really sure where the line is between artist and a crybaby, but I'm afriad he came dangerously close to it. Even if someone says "the movie sucks" and nothing else, that's just his opinion. Alot of people liked the movie, some (like me) didn't like it. Nothing personal, we weren't trying to hurt your feelings, but when you respond in such a defensive way ... just look at kamo2000's first post that started it all. Was it really that bad??

So if someone actually would just say the movie is horrible piece of *beep* nad sucks *beep*, you would commit suicide? Yes I'm trying to provoke you into posting again.

I feel like I need to write a disclaimer denouncing all emotional damage it may cause.

Look at the bright side, it's controversial now! People will want to see it!
Meu Yuppa !!
uh huh.

Getting criticism always hurts. I know that honestly. It hurts, because its your baby. But thats the game. Not only here but everywhere. Once you come out to show your "works" you have to reckon on such reactions. Otherwise keep it.

Another point: There is a flood of LFS-movies. Very good ones, and a lot of well minded movies. A wide bunch of very talented artists - as well as People, who try. The more of movies the more of boredom.

Deal with it.

My New Video " Fluid Secret " by: Fox 1977
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG