The online racing simulator
Reprograming the AI drivers
(19 posts, started )
did someone ever try to reprogram the ai drivers, so they go to pits?

is this true? is parts of the AI files hardcoded?

if so, then forget it.. :/

yep i*ve kicked one of the AI on the oval to the pits, and it managed to get out again driving into the wall

what i want is something like abuse one of the AI as a pacecar. which can be easy for the start, just make a setup they can*t go faster then 150km/h and send them to spectate right at the finish straight or on oval after t3. (but it's not possible to kick AI drivers :/)

it would be more interesting if this ai is able to drive into the pits, waiting at the end of the pitroad for a command like !safetycar and then drives out again until it gets the command !pitin...

if the ai is programmable, then my idea is: having a insim program which waits for the !comands and a program that swaps the AIfile for pitting in, driving and pitting out.
I suspect it's not something in the knw files, but a core part of the LFS.exe, and thus isn't editable. I very much doubt even a brain the size of Kegety could manage it.

It has happened once or twice by accident though.
-
(Fischfix) DELETED by Fischfix
i am not sure about that hardcode thingy...
Considering you can delete all the .knw files to reset the AI drivers back to fresh newbieness, I'd suspect their base knowledge is hardcoded.
yep, thats true, they will follow the ideal line or try to improve it with speeding and braking points. but thats the point. if this part is learnable, then it may be possible to hardcode that softcode as well...

so it might be possible BUT they will try to improve that new "hardcoded" thing as well, so it needs a way they don't learn again anything...
Great idea though Fish
2 of my AI guys in particular are wreckers, I think one may even be using a crack. Whenever I try to pass him he deliverately blocks me then drives into me to force me off.
As far as I know it is not possible to modify their behaviour through coding or editing, except by one of the devs. I look forward to the days when the intelligence is less artificial.
Do you mean when the artificial drivers become more intelligent and are worthy of the I in their acronym?
i need ai drivers only to let them race against AIs of other racers. on oval they can get pretty fast though and start accepting bumpdrafting

allthough i think its not THAT difficult to program a pacecar AI for the devs, but it isn't on the highest priority...

looking forward to the day we will have one...
Quote from al heeley :2 of my AI guys in particular are wreckers, I think one may even be using a crack.

All of my AI's drive like they would use crack
Quote from al heeley :2 of my AI guys in particular are wreckers, I think one may even be using a crack. Whenever I try to pass him he deliverately blocks me then drives into me to force me off.
As far as I know it is not possible to modify their behaviour through coding or editing, except by one of the devs. I look forward to the days when the intelligence is less artificial.

al heeley has voted to BAN AI4 [press 1]
#12 - Gunn
If a ghost car is possible then perhaps a pace car is also possible?
yep, but and that is a big BUT: the ghost car works in client only mode i think. so you are not able to use that thing online right? i am not able to use it at all, it sometimes produced blue-screen of death on my machine so i do not use it anymore... but yes..

if its online possible, then all of the drivers would need to install that mod in a race with pacecar (which is not a problem) but can be... native support would be better...

btw: Gunn, is this topic right in this subforum? i think it fits better in LFS-Programmers, isn't it?
What about if you used the ghostcar as a pace car? then u culd just make it dissapear or pit or sumthing with a command...Will it work on online? I think it does.
#16 - Vain
ghostcar isn't a object of the gameworld, so it doesn't have physics, but yes, you could write an application that makes a pacecar appear on everyone's screen if everyone runs that program. It'd look mostly like a normal LFS car. But actually it's easier to just make the admin drive the pacecar himself.

Vain
ghostcar is usable and visible online, all you need is to be alone on a server...
i can tell cause i've done that allready.

regards.
ok, of course its easier if the admin does that stuff, but then the admin just waits and sits and waits... and cannot race at all. just for the fact there is a need for a pacecar.

with a triggered pacecar, the admin can drive himself and triggers the pacecar whenever there are e.g. 3 or more individual "PACE-CAR REQUEST" msgs.

and if you only need it for the start to get a rolling start, then its more stupid to have a driver waiting and sitting the whole race ...
but necessary in the real world as well...

-jk-
-
(LEKE FIN) DELETED by LEKE FIN

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG