(22 posts, started )
F1.07?
New BMW F1 car maybe?

#2 - dev
Why?
Why not?
#4 - dev
Quote from Stew2000 :Why not?

Because we have the 06 version, and this one is almost the same So I ask again, why?
Quote from dev :Because we have the 06 version, and this one is almost the same So I ask again, why?

Probably so that we have the '07 one too
lol. I think we all knew that
#9 - Alric
I think it would be cool but personally I would like to see the devs spend their time making totally new cars instead if just updating similar ones unless its a fairly quick thing to update of course.
Oops, I think I forgot this in my previous post.

But on a more serious note: I don't think we need the 07-model. It looks pretty much the same as the BF1 (to me at least) and it would probably drive pretty much the same. And having it just so we could say, yeah, LFS has the 07 BMW in it, is not a very good reason to put work in it, imho.
I very much doubt it's up to the devs whether they upgrade the BMW, RAC or MRT. I'd have thought that these deals would have been made for that year of car. Can't see any of them giving LFS rights to do as they please with there brand.

Can't see the point in getting the 07 BMW, nothing major has changed this year at all except the one tyre manufacture. The specs of the cars are pretty much the same...

Keiran
#12 - wark
I'd rather have a 2005 Sauber or Williams.
I'd rather a BMW road car if anything - M3 anyone?
Quote from Hankstar :I'd rather a BMW road car if anything - M3 anyone?

I'd Rather have the M6 or Z4-M.
#15 - Woz
Quote from wark :I'd rather have a 2005 Sauber or Williams.

I would prefer an F1 car from the 60s or 70s before the safety nazi's had their way with the cars.
Quote from Woz :I would prefer an F1 car from the 60s or 70s before the safety nazi's had their way with the cars.

Now, that is a suggestion I like! LFS goes GPL .
I'd rather have all the cars of the world. Yup, I would highly prefer that.
#18 - wark
Quote from Woz :I would prefer an F1 car from the 60s or 70s before the safety nazi's had their way with the cars.

Well, now that you've broken the quasi-off-topic ice, anything pre-1994 for me. I just got to see a few years of F1 before it started going downhill (or downhill fast(er) if you want to debate that)...

And if any F1 car is on topic, any BMW is on topic, so I'd rather have a 2002. :goodvibes
I'm sure that F1.07 is better somehow than 06. But what benefits usual LFS player can get out of new 'goodies'? I think none. Even they are modelled in LFS; and aero nuanses aren't right know.

On the other side, why not to be on the time with this bolid?

+/- 1
On a more serious note theres been a major upgrade made to the gearbox which allows for uninterupted acceleration while shifting. Thats right, the .05 second shift lag has been removed.

If it came down to the F1.07 or a 2005 spec Sauber I'd take the 2005, since it's a v10 powered f1 car and therefore fundamentally different
If I had to choose some F1 cars to put in it, I'd have a few early 90esque cars - a V12 Ferrari, a V10 Renault and a V8 Ford powered car. No girly gearboxes (not even sequential), no girly electronics (actually, I think the 1990 Ferrari did have a few bits of girly electronics, but they kept going wrong so that's acceptable), no girly narrow tracks/grooved tyres, or power steering, or anything wussy like that. REAL racing cars.

Perhaps a range of 60s cars too, some with downforce, others without. Hell, I could live with a lot of F1 cars quite happily.

However, it won't change the fact that the newer, faster ones would be crap for online play. Anything newer than 69 is going to be too quick for the majority of LFS players in anything other than isolation.
i want those with 1K+ bhp, turbo and on-off throttle response

F1.07?
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG