The online racing simulator
limited posts for demo users
(47 posts, started )
why not limit demo user's to say 10-15 post's a month. that would be another bonus to buying s2
And what would be the benefit from that?

How about we limit everyone who hasn't pre-paid for S3 to 20 posts per month, would be another bonus for showing how much you like LFS.
#3 - Jakg
can't see why - a lot of demo users have done a lot for the community
i was gonna says what the point it that illepall
its just another reason to buy s2 thats all, not saying it would help the forum, but it might make more ppl buy S2, no other reason
Quote from andybarsblade :its just another reason to buy s2 thats all, not saying it would help the forum, but it might make more ppl buy S2, no other reason

Forcing people to buy the game is not good. If they want to they will buy the game if not, they won't.
Quote from geeman1 :Forcing people to buy the game is not good. If they want to they will buy the game if not, they won't.

why give them the demo? its so they get a taste of the full game. why should a demo user get the same access to this forum as somone who has paid for the full game? and its not forcing them to buy the game, nobody's forcing them to use the forum
Why shouldn't he?
im just saying it would be another reason to buy S2
Lets make anyone who likes 4WD only be able to post once per month. Oval racers 3 times per month. Drifters 4 times per month. People who drive 4WD cars on the oval sideways should be banned.

Quite possible the stupidest suggestion ever. May the population of Derby stone you for being an idiot.
Being allowed to post more on a forum if you buy the full game? Certainly would not work for me as an incentive !illepall
Quote from tristancliffe :Lets make anyone who likes 4WD only be able to post once per month. Oval racers 3 times per month. Drifters 4 times per month. People who drive 4WD cars on the oval sideways should be banned.

Quite possible the stupidest suggestion ever. May the population of Derby stone you for being an idiot.

lets call mx5 drivers hair dresser and take the piss out of them for being gay and driving a girls car....oh wait we already do, wind your neck in son and get that chip off your sholder.

other forums/games/clubs do this in some official forums you cannot post at all unless your a paid member, why is it such a strange suggestion?
Would it be considered a crack if the demo user in question just made a new nick?

I think my post count is perfect. Anyone who has more or less should pay to be able to use the forum! At least tyreshot should pay
Quote from andybarsblade :lets call mx5 drivers hair dresser and take the piss out of them for being gay and driving a girls car....oh wait we already do,

other forums/games/clubs do this in some official forums you cannot post at all unless your a paid member, why is it such a strange suggestion?

The master of witty retorts returns! Except that whilst MX-5s are female hairdresser's cars, it's rare they are associated with homosexuals. So now you just look silly.

Other forums/games/clubs often require you to register, but there is rarely a need to buy the game/product first - the forums are used to ask questions PRIOR to purchase in a lot of cases. The LFS Forum also requires you to register, so this is no different. Guests cannot post.

Look at the needle on the idiotguage, it's definately rising.
i did not say in all forums. i said in some. read the post gimp

2nd, are you a girl? no are you a hairdresser? (i hope not), so you must be gay.
Not a good idea. I bet this forum has helped sell a lot of licenses, there's no sense in stopping potential customers coming here after a while, what harm are they doing?

Edit, I know you didn't say stop them coming here, but a forum which you cannot participate in is not one that you are likely to visit regularly.
Did I say all? No, read the post, GIMP.

For all you clearly know I might be a female hairdresser. And as I like women then I guess that makes me gay. But I'd rather be a gay female hairdresser than have ideas as bad as yours
#18 - Jakg
Quote from andybarsblade :read the post gimp

Ok, i really can't see a point - unless of course there are posts by demo users you don't approve of..?
Quote from andybarsblade :why not limit demo user's to say 10-15 post's a month. that would be another bonus to buying s2

total -1 from me, as I think it would achieve quite the opposite from what you're expecting. I think with a system like this, less people will be buying S2, because the community discriminates against them for having spent less money than others.

Thinking about it, part of this community already constantly discriminates against demo racers by insulting and badmouthing them, which is bad enough.
Quote from sinbad :Not a good idea. I bet this forum has helped sell a lot of licenses, there's no sense in stopping potential customers coming here after a while, what harm are they doing?

Edit, I know you didn't say stop them coming here, but a forum which you cannot participate in is not one that you are likely to visit regularly.

finally a sensible reply, im not saying they cant come here and participate but i think a 20 posts per month until they are S2 licenced is another incentive to buy the full game. (and besides most the demo user's ive seen on here have been crackers anyway)
Sorry, wrong forum. This is NOT an improvement suggestion.

The devs have chosen which restrictions will be put on demo users. It's a business decision: open up enough features to make it interesting for newcomers, but not too much, so they will later buy a license.

Your suggestion aims to make LFS more profitable (tho I doubt it will). Improvement suggestions aim to make playing LFS more enjoyable.
i know for a fact that if i couldnt post while been a demo user i would not have bought s2. as i had loads of question that needed answers... also you get too know people on the forum, so least when you upgrade too s2 you know people your racing against....
#23 - Jakg
Quote from andybarsblade :(and besides most the demo user's ive seen on here have been crackers anyway)

lemme think of the more well known demo users (apart from pretty much everyone who was on demo at some point)...

MonkOnAHotTinRoof - LFS Lapper bloke, also did the CLC Server
Elektrik Kar - Did texture mods
Jovadsic - Made TONS of skins
Wheel4Hummer
That bloke that made the drift thingy

Are you saying we should just kick em out of the community?
im not repeating what i put before. as wsinda put its more of a way to sell more S2 licence's
Quote from Jakg :
Are you saying we should just kick em out of the community?

when did i say that?

(47 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG