The online racing simulator
#liveforspeed geting out of hand
(82 posts, closed, started )

Poll : should Vrooom and Zeeall be unbaned?

Closed since :
No
Yes
You say the devs should only be allowed to permanently ban someone, but you don't want people appointed by the devs as moderators to do it? The mods are simply enforcing the rules/wishes etc of the devs/owners of wherever.

I have no problem with any mods/admins, and as far as I can tell they do a difficult job very well. It's normally only the people who have been banned or know someone who has been banned that have a problem, and then only because they can't filter out their own feelings and think objectively.

Had to waste a whole post on this, as it's something I feel quite strongly about. If you don't like it, don't participate on the server/forum/chat-room. Simple.
Quote from Huru-aito :Don't share Torfinn's girlfriend though!

lol you spotted her in the crowd.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
Quote from tristancliffe :You say the devs should only be allowed to permanently ban someone, but you don't want people appointed by the devs as moderators to do it? The mods are simply enforcing the rules/wishes etc of the devs/owners of wherever.

I have no problem with any mods/admins, and as far as I can tell they do a difficult job very well. It's normally only the people who have been banned or know someone who has been banned that have a problem, and then only because they can't filter out their own feelings and think objectively.

Had to waste a whole post on this, as it's something I feel quite strongly about. If you don't like it, don't participate on the server/forum/chat-room. Simple.

wonderful
Quote from Tweaker :Well you refused my free bubble gum yesterday, so you ain't gettin any playtime with me!!

:Kick_Can_ awww fine... I'll just get Huru-aito to play barbies then. He even giggles. But :shhh: that's supposed to be a secret.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
-
(vari) DELETED by vari
This is getting too silly.
Might as well sit there and watch the silence in #channel.
-
(vari) DELETED by vari
Quote from Don :another ban for vroom was for pasting 3 links to photos of his own car wrecked because of some lady.

someone obviously waits for every moment to ban someone

Vrooom got a permanent ban quite some time ago, after a few shorter bans and a bunch of warnings. Permanent does indeed mean permanent, the ban wont be cleared when someone's hostmask changes.

I agree that IRC, due to it's nature, is offtopic most of the time. People who don't discuss LfS have no place on the channel though. #liveforspeed for LfS talk, some other channel for something else. That's my opinion, you can't argue that. What you can argue is if the whole channel should go unmoderated, only acting on severe GameSurge policy violations. But that's out of my hands.
#32 - thd
Quote from tinyk :lol you spotted her in the crowd.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~

She's so fine, I call her mine
Quote from Huru-aito :People who don't discuss LfS have no place on the channel though.

That's pretty hard considering we hardly ever bring up LFS unless a patch comes out or someone mentions the usual stuff... It really is hard to avoid not talking about LFS because practically everyone in the channel knows about the game and what else is there to talk about? Which is why it is so boring and hardly anyone speaks. So I can't see why someone trying to brighten it up a bit by at least showing something relating to car/racing fans is so bad... even if it isn't LFS. That said, we are all car nuts in this channel most likely, and how harmful could it be to talk about cars or post funny links? If Vrooom and Zeeall get too excessive with posting links on their Minis or Volvos, then that is kind of repetitive, but I liked it when you gave them warnings of a ban if they ever constantly spoke of it again. The only thing is, if they did, a permanent ban was in store for them, which in my opinion is not needed for someone that talks... those are more for people that are spammers trying to sell alienwares, or people that try to send you viruses (Casse bans a lot of those) . Overall... ban the trouble-makers, and these two don't seem to cause any trouble imo.

if you dont like being moderated try #lfscentral in quakenet.
also in quakenet you have #liveforspeed but that is moderated.
Hahahah! KiD that is a great picture
as an Op too we did actually ask them to stop many times (as stated before many times) and also we did ask around and inform others what we intended to do before the action was taken against them. we gave them many opporunities and they carried on thier actions regardless of warnings (formal or informal)
#37 - vari
Quote from Huru-aito :Vrooom got a permanent ban quite some time ago, after a few shorter bans and a bunch of warnings. Permanent does indeed mean permanent, the ban wont be cleared when someone's hostmask changes.

I thought that at least this much was understood but oh well
#38 - Don
i just think that zeeall or vroom werent more annoying then ppl who posts what song is playing on their comp every 10 minutes or people who keep talking all the time about bf2,cs,cod or wtf
Both Vrooom and Zeeall had alot of warnings, temporary bans, second chances etc. before the permanent ban, its not like they got instabanned.

No one said bans need to be democratic, you break the rules you're not allowed to join for a while, you repeatedly break the rules you get a permanent ban.
Don, didn't you say that we should bring them back so the channel could be more active ? I assume you'd answer yes to this, since you woulnd't want to lie. With this in mind, why would you be miffed about people talking about other stuff ? It's not like LFS has any volvos or minis (granted, almost has a mini, but it sure as whipped cream wasn't the car vrooom was linking to). We have also speculated in getting some advert bots into the channel to keep it active. Something like Barbie(tm), Coca Cola(tm) and Cheese(tm) all keeping in line with the topic in the channel.
When all is said and done, Scoop is pretty far from the right person to make any kind of judgement on the actions taken by mods of #liveforspeed on gamesurge. Fonnybone, I want to carry your children...after torfinns

Vrooom, there are more channels where the people who didn't mind your linking, hang out. Since most of your llinking didn't involve lfs, you could simply join these channels and have a go. #teamnic would be one, but I'm sure there are lots of others.
Quote from CasseBent :Fonnybone, I want to carry your children...after torfinns

Ok, you are really scaring me there, you know i'm a guy right ?
How's that butt of yours...?
now you're scaring me...you're not suposed to respond like that, just say "yeah main, fo sho dawg" and let it slide...like torfinn does. /meadow
I've been an IRCop for about 5 years now and I won't say if I agree or disagree with the #liveforspeed OPs ban decisions. The point is if I invite you to my house and you don't like the music I play or food I offer... feel free to leave. Nobody is making you stay there. It's their 'house' their rules. If you don't want to follow them then you deal with the decisions they make to have you leave.

If you think their rules are a bit 'harsh'... consider this. I've joined channels before where anyone can be banned for saying coffee, tea, or coke.

Do I have anything against Vrooom or Zeeall... nope not at all, I think they're both very nice. It's not my house though and not my rules.

~*~*~*~tiny~*~*~*~

Quote from KiDCoDEa :if you dont like being moderated try #lfscentral in quakenet.
also in quakenet you have #liveforspeed but that is moderated.

o_O I'm Op in both channels.. does that make me almighty? illepall
-
(KiDCoDEa) DELETED by KiDCoDEa
Quote from CasseBent :Don, didn't you say that we should bring them back so the channel could be more active ? I assume you'd answer yes to this, since you woulnd't want to lie. With this in mind, why would you be miffed about people talking about other stuff ? It's not like LFS has any volvos or minis (granted, almost has a mini, but it sure as whipped cream wasn't the car vrooom was linking to).

I think DoN is only trying to say you guys should be consequent. If you don't ban people who spam the song they're playing, you shouldn't ban vrooom or zeeall for talking/spamming links about cars.
Quote from Don :i just think that zeeall or vroom werent more annoying then ppl who posts what song is playing on their comp every 10 minutes or people who keep talking all the time about bf2,cs,cod or wtf

Or people who just post links to pictures of crappy wrecked czech rally cars or photo's of mountains / trees.

¬_¬
Quote from CasseBent :now you're scaring me...you're not suposed to respond like that, just say "yeah main, fo sho dawg" and let it slide...like torfinn does. /meadow

Good, so did i win ?!
Quote from tinyk :[color=DarkOrchid]The point is if I invite you to my house and you don't like the music I play or food I offer... feel free to leave. Nobody is making you stay there. It's their 'house' their rules. If you don't want to follow them then you deal with the decisions they make to have you leave.

Can I play house with you? :icon23:
Quote from Tweaker :Can I play house with you? :icon23:

ahaha you're only being nice so you can get to Torfinn's girlfriend.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
Levi, nobody is spamming what songs they are playing, the only spam in the #liveforspeed channel currently, is DoN's rally pictures.

EDIT: Fonnybone, yeah sure, you win, I will not carry your children...or say stuff like that ever again unless 100% sure I don't get into trouble. Or if I in fact develop the ability to bear children.
This thread is closed

#liveforspeed geting out of hand
(82 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG