The online racing simulator
Patch V Stutter Thread
(29 posts, started )
#26 - Davo
Haven't had any stutteriung issues for a few days now although I haven't played as much, maybe a few 30min sessions as that's all I can take of the damn FXO. Have noticed my Opera crashing all the time now though, seems every time I upgrade to the latest version its worse than the last.

Bah time for a format anyway I think.
i think since about patch U i havnt been able to use winamp with LFS becasue it takes up more CPU usage now. thats the only problem ive had with it

card: ATi Radeon 9600XT 256mb
CPU: Intel P4 1.8GHz
ram: 512mb
Quote from Jakg :Thats the skins being applied to the cars, afaik

I sometimes get this 'stutter' you guys are mentioning and only since Patch V. It cant be because of the skins being applied as I also get it when sum1 enters the pits, not just on exit.

I had previously adjusted minimum sleep to 1ms and have now set it to 10ms. Can't remember what the default setting was.

Will let you know if it makes any difference.
I get this kind of stutter, sound (crackles as well) at first then the throttle and brake seem to lag/stutter. It seems to kick in if I've been playing LFS for a longish time and a LFS restart fixes it.

I've formatted at the start of the new year and not had it, until today. The only thing that has changed was installing Quicktime 7, which I installed about 10 minutes before I played LFS and got the stutter. I'd not been playing for that long but my PC has been on for ages and I'd played LFS during the day.

I'm just going to uninstall Quicktime and hope the stutter goes away. I have Nero but thats been on for a while and the stutter only came back today.

Patch V Stutter Thread
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG