The online racing simulator
First Qualifying and n00bStart Test Tomorrow, 21:00 CET
Tomorrow (Jan 7) night is the first qualifying session for the 24h of Aston.

Afterwards we will give n00bStart another testrun.
We require each team to be present at either the practice today or the practice after the qualification session on friday. We also require all the drivers that are going to start the race to be available a certain time (to be announced exact details) before the race for some additional practice.
Quali 1 results
Attached images
aston24h_qual1.gif
so again to get at least 1 pos in qualifying i would have needed to drive a new WR damn unbalanced GTR's
Quote from Frankmd :We also require all the drivers that are going to start the race to be available a certain time (to be announced exact details) before the race for some additional practice.

Is there any more info on this subject yet?
After 2nd quali tomorrow night and about an hour before the start we will have additional start testing/learning.

Make sure you dont use shift-f for the start and make sure you are willing to follow instructions.
Hello!

I am schedueled to start for teamXFR. Sadly i won't be able to make it to the start test today, but i had one last week, and will also participate in the one that will be tommorow. I hope it's not too late to make this post.

Chrz all! Cya on track
2nd quali results
Attached images
2ndquali.JPG
Dear god, the race is going to start by the time you've got everyone into order to practice the start, it'll be a live start at this rate
well done petri...

And good luck everyone... but above all have fun
that thing
I'm sorry for being disrespectful on the server. I do appreciate the effort from the organisers, I just don't get that why is this needed. But it's ok.
Because we want to avoid discussions like last race and we want to avoid jump starts by folks lagging behind 200m and then coming at full speed when green flag is given (as happened in Aston GT).
Quote from Norbi :I'm sorry for being disrespectful on the server. I do appreciate the effort from the organisers, I just don't get that why is this needed. But it's ok.

Because people ignored race rules last time round and chose to selfishly accelerate way over the limit and then brake as they pleased causing disruptions to those behind them maybe?

Quote from PaulC2K :Because people ignored race rules last time round and chose to selfishly accelerate way over the limit and then brake as they pleased causing disruptions to those behind them maybe?

Yeah, that happend once in one and a half season of good racing. I think thats really not that big of a problem.
true, although the knock on effect it had on Mercury and another car maybe 2 will probably have differing thoughts. Sure there isnt anything like this IRL, but as you witness (as did i via LFS Spectator) its bl**dy chaos and most people dont appear to have a clue what they're supposed to be doing!

Last time round the rules were broken and nothing was done about it, it wasnt even considered an issue which was a joke, so maybe this time if the people who ignore the rules and chose to drive irrisponsibly drive at the correct speed and go when they're told to, anyone failing to do so will be clearly identifiable and maybe they'll deal with the correct offender rather than someone caught up in it all. I cant remember who it was, but i do recall them being 20% over the speed limit for the start line-up, and if my understanding is correct the race wouldnt start if that happened now.

Maybe it takes being on the receiving end of someones actions to understand this, the lead cars actions were all their own, those behind watching someone speed up, brake, speed up again and then brake AFTER the lights have gone green had to drive around these actions, but apparently because they didnt drive into someone those stupid actions (which fall outside MoE rules) for some reason werent questioned. Maybe now with this system highlighting things people braking rules will be punished.

BB hit someone while reacting to what was going on ahead and got punished, but the person causing all the aggro and braking rules wasnt. Thats why systems like this are needed, because there arent 20 people watching a single cars actions as there would be in real life, if people stuck to rules there wouldnt need to be systems, and if you dont obay the rules why have them.
If the racing and behaviour is good, we will just need a start practice this once and then we'll be off racing right after the pace-lap, as usual. So it's up to the racers to make this a burden (allegedly) or just a more clear way of handling the start.
As the matter of fact my team was on the receiving end on that race cause we turned out to be one of the last cars leaving the accident, but I didn't hear my teammates complaining. This is racing, things like this can happen once in a while and we (should) just have to let it go, with of course giving some kind of penatly to the causer. If always everything would work out perfectly we wouldn't be here now because racing were dead boring to do then.

But here we are in a league called the Masters of Endurance (where you can't even just think one and start, but you gotta go trough experience filtering, and you have to get invited), with the best people of LFS from around the world and we use a tool to guide the start of 6, 12 and 24 hours races called n00bStart...
The name was derived from noobTV, which was named like that since I was formerly in Noobs in Crime (teamnic).

I now realize it might sound a bit degrading to the contenders, maybe I should rename it to masterStarter ?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG