The online racing simulator

Poll : Is your G25 more noisier in other direction?

Yes
No
So what exactly is used for the 900 hardlocks? Cuz my locks sound like they gonna brake anytime soon. When the autocalibration on start kicks in it goes first right which sounds like hitting rubber then it goes all the way left and sound like hitting plastic stuff which isnt really tight. Just hope it wont wreck on me on its own.
Quote from Sawyer :So what exactly is used for the 900 hardlocks? Cuz my locks sound like they gonna brake anytime soon. When the autocalibration on start kicks in it goes first right which sounds like hitting rubber then it goes all the way left and sound like hitting plastic stuff which isnt really tight. Just hope it wont wreck on me on its own.

It is basically a plastic square on the steering axe hitting an other plastic thing inside the wheel. It's not really a great way to stop movement, but i never hit the 900 degrees lock in normal driving so i dont really care about it.
Quote from Sawyer :So what exactly is used for the 900 hardlocks? Cuz my locks sound like they gonna brake anytime soon. When the autocalibration on start kicks in it goes first right which sounds like hitting rubber then it goes all the way left and sound like hitting plastic stuff which isnt really tight. Just hope it wont wreck on me on its own.

At the end of the steering axle are a cam and a gear. The gear moves a toothed rack on the bottom of the G25. At both ends of the toothed racks are flat areas. If you rotate the wheel towards the left or right 900° lock the flat areas on the toothed rack come close to the steering axle until the cam hits the flat area and the wheel cannot turn any further.

Maybe you think the 900° lock is a bit flimsy because the toothed rack has some play on it. That may make it feel and sound like the lock isn't really solid - but it is. It may be plastic, but it's thick plastic. I'm quite sure you can break it if you want to, but other parts in the wheel will probably break before that.
since there are many who experienced noisy sounds coming from the wheel while turning at one direction, im just wondering does it actually effect the "resistance" or "force" of the wheel?

I mean, Tweak used to said that its only the noise, doesn't really caused any extra resistance while turning and so on, if that's the case, I can live with that.

But like many such as Matrixi and Shotglass, the way they've described the wheel made really loud noises plus extra resistance for turning too, that definitely doesn't sound right.
Have any of the people who votes 'yes' in the poll, returned there wheels and got replacements..? If so, were the replacements better or just as bad..?

Or has nobody returned them and just learned to live with it..?
Well, my wheel is slightly noisier when turning left so I thought of replacing it, but when I heard that earth-shattering sound on that video, I realised I actually have a rather quiet one, so I left it as is. I've also heard from some users here that the replacement was actually louder than the original, or had other faults, so I won't bother at all, I think.
Quote from StanleyCarter :I mean, Tweak used to said that its only the noise, doesn't really caused any extra resistance while turning and so on, if that's the case, I can live with that.

Quote from AndroidXP :Well, my wheel is slightly noisier when turning left so I thought of replacing it, but when I heard that earth-shattering sound on that video, I realised I actually have a rather quiet one, so I left it as is. I've also heard from some users here that the replacement was actually louder than the original, or had other faults, so I won't bother at all, I think.

Combining two quotes here for the purpose of explaining that I too have a quiet one. Perhaps I have one like AndroidXP, and I have a pretty quiet one that doesn't affect resistance at all. I bet other users who have a louder grinding noise have some resistance to feel so....

I too don't want to replace mine because the grinding hasn't gotten worse since I first noticed it. The wheel is still working fine for me, and about the only thing that bothers me about the wheel is the cables becoming twisted on their own -- but that's my fault I guess
Quote from AndroidXP :Well, my wheel is slightly noisier when turning left so I thought of replacing it, but when I heard that earth-shattering sound on that video, I realised I actually have a rather quiet one, so I left it as is. I've also heard from some users here that the replacement was actually louder than the original, or had other faults, so I won't bother at all, I think.

I presume you mean this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... p;mode=related&search= ARGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!
hi guys,

I can confirm I am having the same grinding noise in mine, just got it today, its very annoyin lol

mine is just as loud as that video clip one :-(

if i move the wheel slow i can feel the notches anyone else have that feeling?
Yeah, I can feel the notches too, but only if the FF is working heavy on it.
i can feel the notches when even when ff is off,

rather than bring it back and be waiting for months for a replacement

good set of headphones shud do the trick haha

but hopefully someone will figure out a remedy for this that we can all do ourselfs
#87 - Gunn
Quote from lancergsr :i can feel the notches when even when ff is off,

rather than bring it back and be waiting for months for a replacement

good set of headphones shud do the trick haha

but hopefully someone will figure out a remedy for this that we can all do ourselfs

Logitech Europe and USA both have replacement stock available. The RMA process should only take a few weeks. For a product that is so expensive (and is winning awards) I think it is imperative that Logitech are notified of the product's shortcomings and/or failures. A product like this should be something that you can rely on for years, not something that you "hire" for the life of the warranty.
I`m considering sending back to Logi anyway, as I`ve got a duff microswitch, but I can`t say the excess noise is much of a problem. Yes it is louder turning left than right, but there`s no "feeling/grinding" change in either the turn or the FFB for me, whether it`s set to 360/900 or whatever. The only time it`s really a bother to me is at 4 in the morning, when the girlfriend`s asleep 2 foot away, and I hit either T3/4 at SO Sprint 2 (the quick left/right) or FE Gold/Black - T2/3 (same). That`s when I get that noise noticeably on both turns.

I still wouldn`t consider giving this thing up at all, I love it. It`s precise, stable, I`ve been deliberately looking for the slightest microscopic off-axis wobble or misalignment from the steering/pedals, but it hasn`t happened (it`s pretty close tolerance metal parts, not bendy-ass plastic)

Yes, the noise can be annoying at occasional times, but I know several people with M$ sidewinders, or DFP`s, that suffer much louder noise all the time, so it isn`t that much of a deal to me. YMMV.

Cheers.
Quote from Matrixi :I wanted to know how many people exactly have this problem with their G25 wheels. I've already counted well over 10 cases on IRC, so please vote yes if your G25 makes a noise like this: http://nismo.1g.fi/g25/g25kaput.avi

(Your noise might be louder or quieter)

Hi. my g25 have that sound by turning to the left,but ist much quieter...
im driving with g25 for 2mounth now...and nothing changed,noise is the same..all hope it stays that whay....othervise good wheel. (sry on my eng.)
Yep, it keeps weird sound when turning left. But there is another problem also, gearbox lost 7th gear, that gear when must push knob down. I think I must whine about that to Logitech.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG